Students, Faculty Walk Out in Protest of Mike Pence Commencement Address

RETIREDFAN1

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I disagree; They have their rights to assemble or disassemble. Just don’t allow them to decide who the speaker is...if the majority walked out, that is one thing; if only a small portion of them walked out, that’s their decision.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I disagree; They have their rights to assemble or disassemble. Just don’t allow them to decide who the speaker is...if the majority walked out, that is one thing; if only a small portion of them walked out, that’s their decision.

Faculty can be punished.  Being part of that ceremony is part of their salary.  Fire them all.  I wouldn't care if it was Hillary speaking, I would require all of my employees to stay.

There is nothing to be done to the students though.  They earned their degree before this day.  We all know anyway that they folded up piece of paper has nothing on it and your real degree is mailed to you a week later...

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Faculty can be punished.  Being part of that ceremony is part of their salary.  Fire them all.  I wouldn't care if it was Hillary speaking, I would require all of my employees to stay.

There is nothing to be done to the students though.  They earned their degree before this day.  We all know anyway that they folded up piece of paper has nothing on it and your real degree is mailed to you a week later...

With that clarification, I agree regarding faculty members walking out. The students can do as they wish.

Dozens, that is the word they use, Dozens. A liberal Art's Christian College of 2700 and Dozens walk out. I mean it would take 270 to be 10%, so I imagine that 1% thing is working well for the liberals. Just a way to get a protest in the media, because Lord knows that every liberal media outlet will run with the story, not the facts of how many, but the story that people walked out. Well I walked out of an All Sports Banquet at my daughters High School last week, because the freaking baseball coach gave a 10 minute speech about each kid at a 2A school, thank goodness baseball was the last speaker of the night. Baseball coaches are longer winded than most liberals. LOL