Sportsfanatic1

Van vs Henderson   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Vandals
    • Lions

6 hours ago, Htown69 said:

Couldn’t agree more

What is your take on Friday? The playoffs are probable no matter what unless a loss combined with a Kilgore upset over Carthage. I wonder which is the easier route. I haven't seen a bracket should a favorable matchup for everyone with the exception of maybe Mithlothen Heritage.

4 hours ago, StillALion said:

Van had a good RB last year that was a junior named Rankine.  Saw the guy this year has similar numbers but noticed it was a different name (Dunn.)   So looked up Rankine and he is on the roster for Peachtree Ridge HS in north Atlanta as a WR.

You think you guys win ? Henderson. This is a toss up game and Van has a lot of motivation. Last year loss and making the playoffs this season.

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

What is your take on Friday? The playoffs are probable no matter what unless a loss combined with a Kilgore upset over Carthage. I wonder which is the easier route. I haven't seen a bracket should a favorable matchup for everyone with the exception of maybe Mithlothen Heritage.

Honestly I’d like to see Henderson draw Mid Heritage first round and thump them by 21!  😁

5 hours ago, StillALion said:

Van had a good RB last year that was a junior named Rankine.  Saw the guy this year has similar numbers but noticed it was a different name (Dunn.)   So looked up Rankine and he is on the roster for Peachtree Ridge HS in north Atlanta as a WR.

Yeah he moved. His mother was military I believe but was originally from Van. They moved home for 2 years and then moved back to Georgia. He was definitely a good player but the kid this year is good as well and will be back next year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StillALion said:

Calpreps prediction is Van 26 - Henderson 24. 
Last year Van won by 1 in Van.  Then Henderson won by 1 on a neutral field.  So since it’s Henderson at home this time how about Henderson by 2.  Take the Calprep prediction and flip it to 26-24 for Henderson. 

Valid point, but I’m still staying with a Van victory...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, StillALion said:

Calpreps prediction is Van 26 - Henderson 24. 
Last year Van won by 1 in Van.  Then Henderson won by 1 on a neutral field.  So since it’s Henderson at home this time how about Henderson by 2.  Take the Calpreps prediction and flip it to 26-24 for Henderson. 
... that’s if Van is really good at stopping the run. Henderson has come really close to 5 different guys having 100+ yard games in the same game (something that’s pretty rare at any level) twice already and no one had gone over 100 vs Carthage all year til last week but Henderson had 1 and almost 2 do it. 

Wonder what you guys would have done without the penalties and turnovers. 

35 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Wonder what you guys would have done without the penalties and turnovers. 

If Henderson gets to eliminate their penalties and turnovers vs Carthage, then we get to convert our two FG to TD’s and the replay shows the goal line fumble was not a fumble until he hit the ground.  Carthage still wins by 21+.

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If Henderson gets to eliminate their penalties and turnovers vs Carthage, then we get to convert our two FG to TD’s and the replay shows the goal line fumble was not a fumble until he hit the ground.  Carthage still wins by 21+.

That really doesn’t make any sense ..., how would you convert FG into TD’s when you wouldn’t have the ball .... as the FG’s were a result of a Henderson fumble; if the fumble was eliminated, as described, Henderson would have continued on their drive.  That doesn’t guarantee a Henderson score or a Carthage stop or a Carthage score.

Fact remains the best team won in THIS game ....  “what if’s” are always great to look back at but rarely change the outcome !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 12Jefferson said:

That really doesn’t make any sense ..., how would you convert FG into TD’s when you wouldn’t have the ball .... as the FG’s were a result of a Henderson fumble; if the fumble was eliminated, as described, Henderson would have continued on their drive.  That doesn’t guarantee a Henderson score or a Carthage stop or a Carthage score.

Fact remains the best team won in THIS game ....  “what if’s” are always great to look back at but rarely change the outcome !

It was meant as humor.

1 hour ago, Htown69 said:

Carthage won’t make it far either don’t have near the weapons y’all are used to having

They will make passed regionals . Arygle ,  La Vega maybe Decatur but not anyone else. Heritage could give them a game but won't be able to stop them.

3 hours ago, Htown69 said:

Carthage won’t make it far either don’t have near the weapons y’all are used to having

Okay, Hlion I mean Htown……...…...……......so that  you can tell everybody on Smoaky that you were correct when it happens-------- Who in the region are you saying is going to beat Carthage ?

Carthage made it to the semi-finals last year, with a lot of returning starters this year...………...What is worse about this year's team compared to last year's ?

• Thumbs Down 1