Bi-District: Cooper 9-1 vs. Frankston 7-3

Bulldognation1

Dawgs vs. Indians  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Cooper by a lot. 

Frankston will be a tough 4 seed though. They are definitely better than the 4 best team in that district they are in. 

Yea Frankston is not really the 4 seed in district 10. Cooper gets a tougher draw in the first round than they should've, but it is what it is. Dawgs should still take care of business here & win comfortably.

Cooper comes in averaging 44.4 per game against defenses that allow 23.5 on average (+20.9) and they are holding teams that score 35.1 per game to 15.0 per game (+20.1) giving Cooper an overall swing of +41.0.

Frankston is averaging 41.8 per game against defenses that allow 35.3 per game (+6.5) and they are holding teams that score 27.6 per game to 26.0 per game (+1.6) giving Frankston an overall swing of +8.2.

Interesting fact : Cooper handed Honey Grove their only loss of the season.  Honey Grove has allowed a COMBINED total of 37 points in 10 games.  34 of those points came in their 34-21 loss to Cooper, so Honey Grove has allowed a grand total of 3 points in the other 9 games combined (0.3 ppg).  If not for Cooper, Honey Grove would have the best defense in all of Texas high school football from a "points allowed" statistical perspective.  HG is still top 5 in the state across all classifications (includes 1,500+ teams).  Cooper put up 34 on them.  Pretty impressive.

I have Cooper in a 47-20 win in this one.

46 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Harleton played the worst game of their lives and  lost to Ore City causing a 3 way tie for 2nd. 

Frankston beat OC by like 50.

Just to clarify, Harleton played Ore City....and the Refs Friday night. (Go ahead...search and try to find a time I've blamed refs for a loss in my 20 years of being a member, you'll waste your time...I'm not that guy) I'm not saying Harleton played well, or would've won the game if the refs had called a fair game, Ore City is improved and played hard. I am saying, with those refs, Harleton never stood a chance. Harleton took several false start penalties because the d-line was simulating the snap. Our center and other linemen begged for the call, and never got it once. The refs stood around well after the whistle watching the Harleton boys, waiting for an opportunity to throw a personal foul or unsportsmanlike penalty. What should've been a good battle for playoff seeding, was shut down immediately by the refs. What a shame. 

I have no idea how harleton ever beat Frankston--after watching all of them play 3 or 4 games on film Franskton is clearly the 2nd best team with Harleton 3 and Ore City 4 but it did not shake out that way.. I will be surprised if any of the three win first round but I have only seen film on Cooper and AG out of that district

In reality though Honey Grove only competition on their schedule was Cooper who did score 34 on them. No it is impressive what they did no matter who they played but I do believe their numbers are skewed due to competition. But this thread it about cooper and frankston. Cooper will win by as much as they want. Frankston got a bad draw after moving in to a 3 way tie on their bye week and falling all the way to fourth. 

23 hours ago, Mavgrad98 said:

Just to clarify, Harleton played Ore City....and the Refs Friday night. (Go ahead...search and try to find a time I've blamed refs for a loss in my 20 years of being a member, you'll waste your time...I'm not that guy) I'm not saying Harleton played well, or would've won the game if the refs had called a fair game, Ore City is improved and played hard. I am saying, with those refs, Harleton never stood a chance. Harleton took several false start penalties because the d-line was simulating the snap. Our center and other linemen begged for the call, and never got it once. The refs stood around well after the whistle watching the Harleton boys, waiting for an opportunity to throw a personal foul or unsportsmanlike penalty. What should've been a good battle for playoff seeding, was shut down immediately by the refs. What a shame. 

You can blame the refs all you want but Frankston should be the two seed and Harleton should be the 3 with Ore city being the 4 seed. I know you will fire back with well harleton beat Frankston head to head but it was a one point game at half. Harleton offense sputtered the rest of the year with only scoring 27 or 28 on UG and then 35 on hawkins and only 13 on ore city. 

On 11/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, theprodigy said:

You can blame the refs all you want but Frankston should be the two seed and Harleton should be the 3 with Ore city being the 4 seed. I know you will fire back with well harleton beat Frankston head to head but it was a one point game at half. Harleton offense sputtered the rest of the year with only scoring 27 or 28 on UG and then 35 on hawkins and only 13 on ore city. 

No need for me to fire back. My comment had little to do with who should've this or that. My comment was to make it known, Harleton had no shot at winning that game Friday night. I'll be the 1st to say, Harleton hasn't played their best in several weeks. When you don't play your best, you end up in stupid tie breaker situations because you didn't take care of business.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:04 PM, Pax said:

Cooper comes in averaging 44.4 per game against defenses that allow 23.5 on average (+20.9) and they are holding teams that score 35.1 per game to 15.0 per game (+20.1) giving Cooper an overall swing of +41.0.

Frankston is averaging 41.8 per game against defenses that allow 35.3 per game (+6.5) and they are holding teams that score 27.6 per game to 26.0 per game (+1.6) giving Frankston an overall swing of +8.2.

Interesting fact : Cooper handed Honey Grove their only loss of the season.  Honey Grove has allowed a COMBINED total of 37 points in 10 games.  34 of those points came in their 34-21 loss to Cooper, so Honey Grove has allowed a grand total of 3 points in the other 9 games combined (0.3 ppg).  If not for Cooper, Honey Grove would have the best defense in all of Texas high school football from a "points allowed" statistical perspective.  HG is still top 5 in the state across all classifications (includes 1,500+ teams).  Cooper put up 34 on them.  Pretty impressive.

I have Cooper in a 47-20 win in this one.

No sure Cooper will give up 20 points.