(13-1)Dayton vs (13-2)Sulphur Springs, Saturday 2PM, Alamodome, San Antonio

wildcat90

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have monster for a qb name Cody Green who is going to Neb and a kid name Dugat that is a db/wr is is headed for UH. They do have some kids that go both ways but they are very well Coached and will lay a lick on you. They have gotten much better as the season has gone on.

About forty miles east of Houston between H-Town and Beaumont. Was reading on another board just now and they were on the ropes today and pulled it out in the last part of the game. Yea maybe we can have two state champs from the same district.

www.toupsgraphics.com has highlights of games for the previous two years.

Dayton is half way between Houston and Beaumont on the west bank of the Trinity River. 13 consecutive playoff appearances, 10 district titles. Played second fiddle to La Marque in the region for years before breaking through last year to the semi-final game.

Spread offense, 3-4 defense. Two kids play both ways but tend to sub in on third downs or passing situations. Offense averages about 40 and defense gives up around 14 in the regular season. Solid, well coached high school team. Small and very quick defense. Dual threat QB and speed at the skill positions with a top notch line. 3 sacks allowed on the season. HARD hitters at safety.

QB committed to Nebraska and is a December grad

WR AJ Dugat is a soft commit to UH with his brother in a package deal. He picked UH over Texas and OU.

Anything else you want to know??

www.toupsgraphics.com has highlights of games for the previous two years.

Dayton is half way between Houston and Beaumont on the west bank of the Trinity River. 13 consecutive playoff appearances, 10 district titles. Played second fiddle to La Marque in the region for years before breaking through last year to the semi-final game.

Spread offense, 3-4 defense. Two kids play both ways but tend to sub in on third downs or passing situations. Offense averages about 40 and defense gives up around 14 in the regular season. Solid, well coached high school team. Small and very quick defense. Dual threat QB and speed at the skill positions with a top notch line. 3 sacks allowed on the season. HARD hitters at safety.

QB committed to Nebraska and is a December grad

WR AJ Dugat is a soft commit to UH with his brother in a package deal. He picked UH over Texas and OU.

Anything else you want to know??

man i thought dugat was gome guess not that kid was something special to see when nac played them.

Does Nac have a dome? Then it really doesn't make since for Sulphur (a spread team) to play there in the middle of December. (I think Dayton spreads it out as well?) That's probably the thought process there.

But if Dayton is between Nac and Houston and SS is north of Longview, why are they playing in Alamodome?

Makes no sense at all.

Dayton, the closer team is still like 200 miles away. SS is prolly 400 miles away.

Why didn't they play at Texas Stadium? It's about 3 hours from Houston, about 2 hours from SS.

That makes more sense. This is bad because all of us who want to be there when SS wins the title, but aren't fans of either team, can't make the trip.

Just doesn't make sense.

But if Dayton is between Nac and Houston and SS is north of Longview, why are they playing in Alamodome?

Makes no sense at all.

Dayton, the closer team is still like 200 miles away. SS is prolly 400 miles away.

Why didn't they play at Texas Stadium? It's about 3 hours from Houston, about 2 hours from SS.

That makes more sense. This is bad because all of us who want to be there when SS wins the title, but aren't fans of either team, can't make the trip.

Just doesn't make sense.

1. Texas Stadium is not available Sat

2. Both coaches agreed playing indoors last night was best to avoid weather issues. Alamodome is the only stadium like that right now.

2. Both coaches agreed playing indoors last night was best to avoid weather issues. Alamodome is the only stadium like that right now.

I also think Sulphur's toughest games have been played, you guys made a great D look bad yesterday.

I also think Sulphur's toughest games have been played, you guys made a great D look bad yesterday.

Texas Stadium isn't unavailable all day Saturday. The Cowboys don't play until like 7 p.m.

They can kickoff at 11 a.m. or Noon (or heaven forbid 10 a.m.) and be done by 3 p.m., then Dallas would have four hours to get their fans into the stadium.

Just seems like a better option than way down in south Texas.

Even Reliant in Houston on Friday night makes more sense. I know it'd be closer Dayton, but it'd be 200 miles from SS and not 400.

Anyway, what's done is done.

Makes no sense? How in the blue :censored: do you figure that? Your a SPREAD team that like to air it out and your complaining why they arnt playing in SFA. Yea that would be smart, lets play in 20mph winds!!! Cowboy stadium is off limits all day saturday, Carthage will be the last team to play there this year on Friday.. They say you cant play at texas stadium that day so where else are you going to go that is inside a dome? The Alamodome is an awesome place to play at anyway, it should be really fun for the kids... There are a #### load of schools and fans who wouldn't care where they had to travel to get to play for a state championship so quit your crying.

Anyone know if maybe there will be any TV coverage? Don't they usually cover the state games at the alamodome or is that just for 5A?

Makes no sense? How in the blue :censored: do you figure that? Your a SPREAD team that like to air it out and your complaining why they arnt playing in SFA. Yea that would be smart, lets play in 20mph winds!!! Cowboy stadium is off limits all day saturday, Carthage will be the last team to play there this year on Friday.. They say you cant play at texas stadium that day so where else are you going to go that is inside a dome? The Alamodome is an awesome place to play at anyway, it should be really fun for the kids... There are a #### load of schools and fans who wouldn't care where they had to travel to get to play for a state championship so quit your crying.

Anyone know if maybe there will be any TV coverage? Don't they usually cover the state games at the alamodome or is that just for 5A?

Oh no, I'm not upset or anything. I'm not from either school and won't be going to the game. But I was just trying to make sense of why they were playing so far away.

As for TV coverage, only the 5A teams are on TV. They're both playing at Reliant on Saturday. Convenient for television too.

Oh no, I'm not upset or anything. I'm not from either school and won't be going to the game. But I was just trying to make sense of why they were playing so far away.

As for TV coverage, only the 5A teams are on TV. They're both playing at Reliant on Saturday. Convenient for television too.

As for playing at TS Sat that is absolutley not an option. NFL or the Cowboys are not having a high school game the day an NFL game is there. Reliant on Friday not condusive for Sulphur and here are four reasons why

A)travel on a weekday, too tough for many fans to get off work and make it

B) Much too close to Dayton, San Antonio is at least neutral

C) grass field they don't want the field torn up any more than it already is before two games on Sat

D) the roof is open due to damage from the hurricane the needed repairs can't be made til after the season, which defeats the purpose of an indoor game

Tell some you guys what,....

If you don't want to drive all the way to San Antonio, PLEASE PM me and I will give you my address so that you can send me your tickets. :thumbsup:

It might be 5, 10, 25, 75 years before they make another State finals appearance. Why not enjoy every aspect of this one, including the travel??!!