La Grange Vs. Carthage

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much trash talking by "non-essentials" when it comes to how the game is played. What is it about people on boards like this that want the losers to come back on and give "what is due." They don't owe you squat. It's like your not satisfied unless the loser comes back for some humility. Give me a break. Just be happy with the win and the boys will get the congrats from the other team. You're a fan on a message board.....you haven't done anything to earn a pat on the back after a win, unless you count your smack talk, worthy of such praise.

Support your team, brag on your players, and get excited about the game tomorrow night. I know that I am. But quit getting your feelings hurt if I don't agree with you and ask me to apologize for my actions if you happen to be the winner.

There's no doubt that Carthage should have the edge in this game. If you win, you should have. LG will have to play out of their minds and capitalize on any Carthage mistakes, if there are any. I would expect Carthage to line up and run right at LG and use play action passes for the big plays. LG will have to take some risk to be able to stop them which might open up some big plays in the running game. Athletic ability, Carthage has the edge. But don't count out LGs fight. It's the "it" factor that I think LG will have in their favor. I've not seen Carthage play this year, so I'm only speculating. I would also be surprised if Carthage has faced a QB this year such as the one from LG. He's throws a beautiful ball and has two outstanding receivers to go with it. I can see Carthage getting to him early with pressure, but will slow down as the game wears on. Carthage will have to jump on them early and hold them off. LG gets better as the game progresses. Last week surprised me though when Sinton took it to LG late in the game. So it is possible that LG could wear down too.

Here's to a competitive game that's free from injury.

I'm expecting a Carthage win...but really hoping for a LG victory. Go Leps!

Good post.

I don't know if you are aware, but Carthage has a defensive tackle who was all-state last year and was Defensive Player of the Week on this website last week. One of the defensive ends is probably the most improved player from last year's state championship team. If La Grange doesn't control these two, it will be very difficult for them to score enough points to win the game because the Dawgs are going to score points.

Most of the talk about Carthage seems to be about their offense, and it is outstanding. (You will probably be astounded at the number of different players, formations and plays they will show you on that side of the ball tomorrow night.) But the biggest improvement in this year's team over last year's is on defense. In addition to the defensive line I mentioned earlier, there are two underclassmen who appear to be on course to play football at Division 1 schools.

Enjoy the game!

1 day and a couple of hours until kick off! I am so excited....

The "Whoa Nellie" bus is pullin out in less than 20 hours! Gotta find a place to stop and eat (for 40 and possibly more people)...and use the potty :thumbsup: Thats on the agenda for tonight... Also, get my shakers ready and figure out what the weather is gonna be like! :icon_confused:

I can hear em from hear! Lets go DAWGS!!

The "Whoa Nellie" bus is pullin out in less than 20 hours! Gotta find a place to stop and eat (for 40 and possibly more people)...and use the potty :thumbsup: Thats on the agenda for tonight... Also, get my shakers ready and figure out what the weather is gonna be like! :icon_confused:

"The DAWG POUND" Thats our self givin nick name, is heading out about 30 minutes after the send off! Cant wait for some Carthage Football.

As of right now, it's going to be cloudy in the low 40's according to weather.com. I'm only 30min from the stadium and I can't wait.

Good post.

I don't know if you are aware, but Carthage has a defensive tackle who was all-state last year and was Defensive Player of the Week on this website last week. One of the defensive ends is probably the most improved player from last year's state championship team. If La Grange doesn't control these two, it will be very difficult for them to score enough points to win the game because the Dawgs are going to score points.

Most of the talk about Carthage seems to be about their offense, and it is outstanding. (You will probably be astounded at the number of different players, formations and plays they will show you on that side of the ball tomorrow night.) But the biggest improvement in this year's team over last year's is on defense. In addition to the defensive line I mentioned earlier, there are two underclassmen who appear to be on course to play football at Division 1 schools.

Enjoy the game!

One of those plays in particular I have seen work twice now perfectly... once against us and once against lorena :icon_neutral:

One of those plays in particular I have seen work twice now perfectly... once against us and once against lorena :icon_neutral:

Yep, I'm pretty sure I now which one that was! :notworthy: He's a beast and only a Jr. Being scouted by some big time D1 schools!

Do ya hear em? I hear em a growlin'! Dawgs are coming... 21 hours and counting~

Whoever wins this game I don't see Graham or Pitt. beating either one of them. JMO!!!

I'm kinda hoping its Pittsburg...not because I know anything about either football program but because it will mean the game is closer for us...(after we win tomorrow-- not arrogance just positive thinking!)

Too much trash talking by "non-essentials" when it comes to how the game is played. What is it about people on boards like this that want the losers to come back on and give "what is due." They don't owe you squat. It's like your not satisfied unless the loser comes back for some humility. Give me a break. Just be happy with the win and the boys will get the congrats from the other team. You're a fan on a message board.....you haven't done anything to earn a pat on the back after a win, unless you count your smack talk, worthy of such praise.

Support your team, brag on your players, and get excited about the game tomorrow night. I know that I am. But quit getting your feelings hurt if I don't agree with you and ask me to apologize for my actions if you happen to be the winner.

There's no doubt that Carthage should have the edge in this game. If you win, you should have. LG will have to play out of their minds and capitalize on any Carthage mistakes, if there are any. I would expect Carthage to line up and run right at LG and use play action passes for the big plays. LG will have to take some risk to be able to stop them which might open up some big plays in the running game. Athletic ability, Carthage has the edge. But don't count out LGs fight. It's the "it" factor that I think LG will have in their favor. I've not seen Carthage play this year, so I'm only speculating. I would also be surprised if Carthage has faced a QB this year such as the one from LG. He's throws a beautiful ball and has two outstanding receivers to go with it. I can see Carthage getting to him early with pressure, but will slow down as the game wears on. Carthage will have to jump on them early and hold them off. LG gets better as the game progresses. Last week surprised me though when Sinton took it to LG late in the game. So it is possible that LG could wear down too.

Here's to a competitive game that's free from injury.

I'm expecting a Carthage win...but really hoping for a LG victory. Go Leps!

Great post......I appreciate everything you've said. I back the Dawgs 100%, and if the Dawgs win, I don't expect anything but positive things to be said. However, there are those who seem to thing the loser's fan need a plate of crow. I for one am thankful the Dawgs are in this spot and all 4 teams at this level earned it. NOTHING to be ashamed about. Now, Come on Dawgs! Let win this game!

Carthage, when you beat LaGrange. Your State Championship game should be played at Royse City. If you Google the distance from Graham to Royse City and the distance from Carthage to Royse City, we are exactly 3 hours and 2 minutes away for both teams. I really don't see how that could happen, but it is exactly the same time. The distance is a few miles different, but the travel time is exactly the same. We would welcome you both and I can guarantee you, that the stadium will be prepared especially for the Bulldogs and the Steers. :rock: :highfive: :woohoo: Neither one of you have played here yet, but I believe, if you check around you will find positive references for our facility. We are a new stadium with all of the bells and whistles. We hope you consider Royse City ISD Stadium.

Carthage, when you beat LaGrange. Your State Championship game should be played at Royse City. If you Google the distance from Graham to Royse City and the distance from Carthage to Royse City, we are exactly 3 hours and 2 minutes away for both teams. I really don't see how that could happen, but it is exactly the same time. The distance is a few miles different, but the travel time is exactly the same. We would welcome you both and I can guarantee you, that the stadium will be prepared especially for the Bulldogs and the Steers. :rock: :highfive: :woohoo: Neither one of you have played here yet, but I believe, if you check around you will find positive references for our facility. We are a new stadium with all of the bells and whistles. We hope you consider Royse City ISD Stadium.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. We have to get through this game first. I know our boys are ready, but they do not expect this to be a cakewalk either. They have to play a cleaner game with less mistakes this week. Hope to see you at Royse City...

Good Luck to both sides tomorrow, hope everyone plays rough but safe game. Wish I could be there to see it but I have finals tomorrow. After I hear the re sults I'll come back on to get bashed, or to talk some trash.

I haven't see LG play, so it's really not possible to know what kind of fight the Dawgs will have on their hands. Offensive shootout? Probably. Exciting game? Almost certainly; should be a great one. Like most football games at any level, watching the line of scrimmage in the first few series will often tell you who will have the advantage for most situations. The offensive and defensive lines are almost always the unsung heroes of any game IMO.

But... I think it will be a lot of fun in this game to watch the work of the quarterbacks. From what I've read, it sounds like LG has a very good one, and we know what the Dawgs have under center. If neither team puts pressure on the QB, it could be a wild one. If both teams put pressure on the QB, we've seen Anthony time and time again roll from the pocket and still throw a strike. Maybe the LG QB can do that too; maybe not....

Will be driving up from Houston area to support the Dawgs!!!!!

Did you see the offensive line of Carthage yet on film?????? Celina said the same things you are. The offensive line stopped their D-1 linebacker that was so good from shinning. Now, the offensive line is seniors........now, I promise you haven't seen an offensive line like this one all year long. Gilmer played them last year, ask them. I believe Carthage will win this if only by 3. Don't really know what LaGrange has, because students get on here and say how good they are and what they've done. You say nobody has stopped ya'll all year, but you do have 2 loses. So somebody stopped ya. You will have to play a lot better than Mexia, who in my opinion is the best team that we've faced in 3A playoffs this year. I don't think you will

Not sure why you think Mexia was the best team you've played. Not only was Lorena the district champion but they beat Mexia and played ya'll closer than anyone this year.

i think carthage will win this game..but the state game shouldnt be an easy one...after the way graham played against Pitt tonight it should be a really good game if Carthage were to advance...Case McCoy is pretty good, and so is their runnigback...Pitt had one of the best O-Lines I have faced all year and witnessed in a while..and Graham was able to get alot of pressure on Manley...dont take them lightly..but go get em Carthage!!!!!!!!!

Your right anyone is beatable... including Carthage! But I think you have Carthage confused with someone else, our fans can be cocky at times, but our team and coaching staff are not! They know that each week is gonna be a challenge (you obviously have to be a littlebit good to make it this far). I'm not saying that we go into every game thinking that we will lose, but we definetly don't go thinking we will just dominate! We have off nights to... Unfortunately for you our off games usually only last for a game or quarter... when yours may last the whole season! Take our game against Lorena for instance... we should have beat them by way more than we did, but you might notice that we still pulled out a win! Like I said anyone is capable of losing or winning, but I wouldn't count on a win for LaGrange in this game. And do you even play football or are you just on here to talk trash... if you are you should really know what kind of team you are talking about before you start talking all kinds of trash! If you haven't noticed we are undefeated and have been for a long time now.... I believe you guys lost twice in your regular season! My prediction s... well I don't really have one, except for Carthage will win that is for sure! So save yourself some embarrasment and stop posting things that will just make you look like a complete idiot later! And I just noticed that other people on here that are from LaGrange I believe it is 959... you didn't even know who we played in state last year... let me tell you Celina also has had a few rings in football and we beat them to! I have no doubt in our game this weekend...

Amazing. Another elitest Carthage fan. When Lorena plays you close, strips the ball, causes fumbles, and very nearly put your team out you chalk it up to "having an off night". No one could possibly compete with you...... GIVE US ALL A BREAK !

For the Lagrange fans out there : expect to see a very talented, huge,fast , balanced and well coached team. Carthage is excellent and looks like a very good 4A team.Very impressive. Unfortunately their fans on this blog are very cocky .

Amazing. Another elitest Carthage fan. When Lorena plays you close, strips the ball, causes fumbles, and very nearly put your team out you chalk it up to "having an off night". No one could possibly compete with you...... GIVE US ALL A BREAK ! For the Lagrange fans out there : expect to see a very talented, huge,fast , balanced and well coached team. Carthage is excellent and looks like a very good 4A team.Very impressive. Unfortunately their fans on this blog are very cocky .
Get over it. Your still sore from us beating ya'll? Ya go play basketball bud.

Amazing. Another elitest Carthage fan. When Lorena plays you close, strips the ball, causes fumbles, and very nearly put your team out you chalk it up to "having an off night". No one could possibly compete with you...... GIVE US ALL A BREAK !

For the Lagrange fans out there : expect to see a very talented, huge,fast , balanced and well coached team. Carthage is excellent and looks like a very good 4A team.Very impressive. Unfortunately their fans on this blog are very cocky .

When we go several games without fumbling the ball and then we do it twice(almost 3 times) in one night, I call that an off night. Lorena played us close alright, but Mexia was more explosive and a bigger threat to our D. Lorena kept it close by controlling the clock, not by putting up points. It's just a point of view. If you want a break, stop reading Carthage posts. We will continue to think our boys are the best 3A team until someone beats us.

In the words of Ric Flair,"To be tha man, you gotta BEAT tha man!"