Whitehouse Non District Football

Heard about 3 of the 5 teams...........I think I heard of one more, but cant remember who it is for non district next year.

Chapel Hill

Palestine

and Sulpher Springs are on the list for non district play.

I dont care who you are and what you think, im just glad I aint gotta take off work to drive so far for the next couple years.

There are lots of bigger 3A schools around that Whitehouse could play.

Palestine

Chapel Hill

Gilmer

Athens

Carthage

Henderson (dropping to 3a)

Kilgore (dropping to 3a)

Lindale (dropping to 3a)

These programs are all good enough to give Whitehouse all they want. The enrollment numbers are pretty close - around 900+ for the bigger 3a schools to around 1300 for Whitehouse. Throw in a district that includes teams like Hallsville, Jacksonville, Nacogdoches and John Tyler and you could come up with a pretty salty schedule really quick.

Take this hypothetical schedule for instance:

week 0: Chapel Hill

week 1: Sulphur Springs

week 2: Carthage

week 3: Kilgore

week 4: Henderson

week 5: bye

week 6: Hallsville*

week 7: Nacogdoches*

week 8: Jacksonville*

week 9: Pine Tree*

week 10: John Tyler*

*projected district opponents

That would be a really solid schedule and a whole heck of a lot less driving than the last couple of years.

I'd like to see Whitehouse play some of the quality teams in the lower classifications. Carthage, Gilmer and Daingerfield are all capable of opening a can of whoop butt on Whitehouse.

Whitehouse has played the teams likely moving down ( Kilgore, Henderson, Lindale) so seeing new teams would be nice.

I'd like to see Whitehouse play some of the quality teams in the lower classifications. Carthage, Gilmer and Daingerfield are all capable of opening a can of whoop butt on Whitehouse.

Whitehouse has played the teams likely moving down ( Kilgore, Henderson, Lindale) so seeing new teams would be nice.

They could play Celina again

Palestine, Corsicana, Sulphur, and Chapel Hill I believe is what will be on schedule next year. District will be the most important part of the schedule. Definately a little better chance in nondistrict for some success. Before, the rumor was a loaded cat team that should compete with the non district opponents. After last season melt down in non district it will be good to compete with some new faces. It's always an exciting time when they realign and schedules are being made. I suspect these cats will have alot to prove. They've got a lot returning with a great leader in Hunter who is definately coachable quarterback. They will be alright.

out

I understand where you are coming from there, but Kilgore will be solid next year and possibly dominant the following year. But everyone always wants to see new teams in the non-district. Just makes it more exciting.

I understand where you are coming from there, but Kilgore will be solid next year and possibly dominant the following year. But everyone always wants to see new teams in the non-district. Just makes it more exciting.

Your right about Kilgore, but Whitehouse has beaten Kilgore only once since the earth's crust has cooled and life forms evolved.