Gilmer vs. Van

j-hawks

Gilmer vs. Van  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Gilmer
    • Van

1. the refs really was flag happy on BOTH teams....i hate it when they flag flag flag flag especially in the play offs...i have never saw a game when there were 5 flags thrown on extra point trys...on one they had 2 flags...one on each team.

2. looks like van is a young team...coach could use this fime to show how champions win games

3. the stud did not show me more than just a good player...their stud was the quarter back

4. looked like they were doing some shoveing.....maby just furestation

5. van would have placed 5th in our district behind pitt bourg

6. ya'll go ahead and blast me now

:coolball: :crybaby: :jawdrop:

i just love my little people and they will be with me next week with aregill

/quote]

We expect no less from you!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little practice on your spelling would help us understand your meaning.

furestation

I think you mean "Frustration"

Our neighbor to the north on US 271 is Pittsburg with no h at the end of the word. The "h" is used in Pensylvania by the Steelers and "-bourg" is used with cities in France.

I agree that I never before saw so many flags on PAT attempts. :thumbdown:

thanks for your kind words....but did you ever hear playing music by ear...thats how i spell...i notice you knew what i was saying...no offence

:icon_eek: :bangin: :cry:

i love my little anoying little people

A little practice on your spelling would help us understand your meaning.

furestation

I think you mean "Frustration"

Our neighbor to the north on US 271 is Pittsburg with no h at the end of the word. The "h" is used in Pensylvania by the Steelers and "-bourg" is used with cities in France.

I agree that I never before saw so many flags on PAT attempts. :thumbdown:

Speaking of spelling, I'm pretty sure it's "Pennsylvania" and not how you have it.

thanks for your kind words....but did you ever hear playing music by ear...thats how i spell...i notice you knew what i was saying...no offence

:icon_eek: :bangin: :cry:

i love my little anoying little people

Well let me first start by saying that Gilmer is a very good football Team and their are alot of Respectable people from there but ,,,,this guy isn't one of them and i am glad that I don't hafto read anymore of this guys idiotic posts he has no respect for his teams opponnent or their fans. So with all of that being said I have seen Argyle play and i have now seen Gilmer play and the truth is the chance of Gilmer beating Argyle is slim to none but good luck to the buckeyes and all of their respectable fans. And if i were yall i would find out who "Jackpud" is and kick him the hell out of Town.

At least its still deer season so before im gone again here is my run down, I will start with Van first for fairness.

1. COACHES -Van has a new AD with new ideals however I only seen about 3 different plays all day which disappointed me, Im not a coach however I know how to motivate men and just havnt seen it yet from the Coaches and if some of them read this, dont get your feelings hurt your all big boys now. I believe you can step it up a few notches next year and will do much better. The man setting down from me who is very educated in football at many levels made the remark " all the Van coaches should be put in one office and fired all at the same time" I disagreed with him and others involved in that conversation THIS YEAR, I still believe Van needs a Marine Corps drill instructor in the Coaching staff.

Gilmer, I was wrong with Traylor, I didnt see him act a fool this game and his overall staff appeared to be doing a very good job of working together, it is obvious some of them have been together for many years and have a system down, I hope Van can become stable and do the same.

2. Officials - flag happy little fellows today, the 2-3 flags on a PAT got old fast, however its a job few want and none were major game changers.

3. Players - Van, our young men played their tails off and kept doing what they were told to do and had been trained to do, I really wish our QB had the ability to play receiver however due to an injury early to our QB he ended up there, I believe Cory could of pounded out 4 yards a carry all night however the Coach makes that decision and then must live with it ( by the way this is Van and we are totally fine with simply 4 yards per carry all night) . Our D was against a team that was not larger just had to much speed, there were a couple of plays where Van missed the play and left Gimer open to make big yards. Dalton (78) and Sid (44) both had good games and will be back next year.

Gilmer, your players must of watch film and a lot of it, your size was not what I expected however your speed was everywhere, looked like a track race many times.

4. Fans- Van had a good showing and mostly the typical thing thats been going on my entire life, a lot of socializing and just a few rowdy fans, not sure if its ever been any other way.

Gilmer, your entire school district must of showed up and your as rowdy and you claimed, I enjoyed watching your enthusiasm and enjoyed talking smack on here with you.

5. Plays- Van only had a few, mostly QB keeper and very few receptions, again im not the coach however believe our men are more capable then this.

Gilmer, was everywhere.........

In closing

IF your a VAN coach and read this remember what I said, your big boys now so dont take it personnel, learn from the season, make changes and make things happen next year, you made the decision to take a job where your entire career depends on winning or loosing and its all dependent upon your ability to train young men to play a sport.

IF your a player from either team then hold your heads high, some of you from Van played the last football game you will play the rest of your life, I hope you enjoyed it, you lost to a very strong powerhouse team, you give it your all, you followed your orders and you never surrendered. You now have lifetime bragging rights and can talk football with great pride for you walked the walk. Gilmer players the same will apply to you however I hope its AFTER you win state.

Good Luck to Gilmer, I hope you can pull the big game again.

Tim McLemee

Best wishes to Gilmer! Please, go ahead and win state: It is LESS frustrating when you drop your run in the playoffs to the eventual state champ(i.e. quarterfinals Van/Prosper, then Prosper takes it all!), if only a LITTLE less painful.

And another thought: The "Army" sure did represent in the stands! There are MANY that could take a lesson or two (or ten!) from your crowd!

Thank you, Buckeye Nation, for a great game, challenge, and learning adventure! I, for one, will remember THIS game for a long time to come!

And, McLemee:

I have been in Van for seven football seasons, now. I am going to have to agree with you regarding the "social" setting Van associates with the games. I am NOT one of the many in Van, I am (and have ALWAYS been!) one of the "few rowdy fans". To be fair, I have been too involved with QB Club, these past two years (only fair, I have not had a varsity player these past two years) and have not been able to be in the home stands. I do make the away games and am PROUD TO BE LOUD there. I have taken a great deal of flack over it. I have had much thrown at me from "why don't you just WATCH the game?" to "do you THINK you are a cheerleader?". On the flip side: There are those that are coming around to getting behind the boys with their voices and actions. We have been able to get some good chants and stomps going in the stands. I CAN make you THIS promise, Tim (and anyone else in the Vandal Nation reading this post), I will be there in full force and regalia NEXT season. I will bring the voice, the clappers, the horn, the bells, the canisters, and whatever else I can think to bring to all games. People can get annoyed, or people can get on board. I am going to cheer for our boys! Those who are annoyed? Sorry for your bad luck: I HAVE SEASON TICKETS ON THE FIFTY! :P

Well let me first start by saying that Gilmer is a very good football Team and their are alot of Respectable people from there but ,,,,this guy isn't one of them and i am glad that I don't hafto read anymore of this guys idiotic posts he has no respect for his teams opponnent or their fans. So with all of that being said I have seen Argyle play and i have now seen Gilmer play and the truth is the chance of Gilmer beating Argyle is slim to none but good luck to the buckeyes and all of their respectable fans. And if i were yall i would find out who "Jackpud" is and kick him the hell out of Town.

1. gee...what got your panies in a wad :sorcerer:

2. what did i say that is disrespful to you?

3. you a sore loser?

4. come on over to the aregill post and continue with me

5. which aregill game did you see?

6. i have you know they just love me in this town :wub:

7. i happen to be the homeland securety director in the AOB admistration

8. i will only listen to AOB

9. if i don't like what he says i will resign :bangin:

i just love my little annoying people

It's final. Gilmer 50 Van 27

Congrats Bucks! Also, good game Van, y'all got behind but keep playing. Most of these points were scored late against JV'ers so it wasn't as close as the score even says. It sounds like that linebacker is a stud for Van.

Yes congrats to the Bucks and great effort from the Van players. Gilmer had most of their starters in on D except for Van's last drive on offense. The better team won but I wouldn't say "it wasn't as close as the score says", it is what it is. Heck if not for a knucklehead bubble screen that went for a Gilmer TD, a fumble around Van's 10 which gave Gilmer an easy score and a 30 yard pennalty which set Gilmer up for another quick td you might argue that it could have been closer. Yes the Van LB "is a stud". Good luck to Gilmer the rest of the way and they have some great players just like they always do.

IMHO, it's easy to second guess play calling but I do think Van was at their best this year when Van's 2 backs got more rushing attempts than the qb. Van had receivers open in the 1st half but couldn't get the ball to them, but did better in the 2nd half. Not the qb's fault he gave it his all and did great considering he was put into a tough situation. He's a great player who unselfishly stepped up to play qb and did what was best for the team. No doubt he would have put up big numbers as a receiver. He made some outstanding plays this year. Thought #9 Rucker and #44 Sid Moore stepped up today as well. All the Van players should hold their heads high knowing they gave it their all. To the seniors thanks and to the underclassmen I'm looking forward to next year.

As far as the refs go they did throw a lot of flags but there was lots of holding on the edges that went uncalled.

Crackpots you and your little people need to go away.

1. gee...what got your panies in a wad :sorcerer:

2. what did i say that is disrespful to you?

3. you a sore loser?

4. come on over to the aregill post and continue with me

5. which aregill game did you see?

6. i have you know they just love me in this town :wub:

7. i happen to be the homeland securety director in the AOB admistration

8. i will only listen to AOB

9. if i don't like what he says i will resign :bangin:

i just love my little annoying people

We lyke ye down hyer in Carthage too Jackpot.

BUKS...B, B, B, B , Blowout... :coolball:

And, McLemee:

I have been in Van for seven football seasons, now. I am going to have to agree with you regarding the "social" setting Van associates with the games. I am NOT one of the many in Van, I am (and have ALWAYS been!) one of the "few rowdy fans". To be fair, I have been too involved with QB Club, these past two years (only fair, I have not had a varsity player these past two years) and have not been able to be in the home stands. I do make the away games and am PROUD TO BE LOUD there. I have taken a great deal of flack over it. I have had much thrown at me from "why don't you just WATCH the game?" to "do you THINK you are a cheerleader?". On the flip side: There are those that are coming around to getting behind the boys with their voices and actions. We have been able to get some good chants and stomps going in the stands. I CAN make you THIS promise, Tim (and anyone else in the Vandal Nation reading this post), I will be there in full force and regalia NEXT season. I will bring the voice, the clappers, the horn, the bells, the canisters, and whatever else I can think to bring to all games. People can get annoyed, or people can get on board. I am going to cheer for our boys! Those who are annoyed? Sorry for your bad luck: I HAVE SEASON TICKETS ON THE FIFTY! :P

i think you just became my hero for the day!! that is awesome!! girl i heard you! at one point when i was away from our crowd, i knew it was u! thank you so much for your spirit and determination in the stands, u have no idea really how that makes me smile. we have come a looooong way here in Buckeye Nation, we always show up no doubt but there are only a select few that are always loud. by the end of the season and into playoffs though, we are ALL warmed up and ready to get it. I was proud of the ARMY yesterday, and it seemed like the band, drill team and cheerleaders were all in sync with the team. Thank you for noticing, it is TRULY appreciated! :thumbsup:

If I am not mistaken, #44 is about 6' and 280ish. He is a sophomore, as is my son. I only have comparison when they stand together, and mine is 6' and 240ish. Honestly, I see Sid "out-bulking" my son by QUITE a bit. I had the stats, but I will be derned if I have lost them somewhere in this mess I call a computer! Regardless, he IS a hoss. Happily for us, he is just a sophomore!
How big is #44? 6' 255lbs? He's a pretty big boy and plays with with a mean streak. He put several Buckeyes on their backs yesterday.

How big is #44? 6' 255lbs? He's a pretty big boy and plays with with a mean streak. He put several Buckeyes on their backs yesterday.

I'd say he's at least 6'1" maybe a little taller but 255 is on the low side. He is just a sophmore and until this year played tailback in the I. Very quick feet for a big guy. If this kid committs himself to getting better he can be as good as he wants to be. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the backfield next year as well.

Opps, you beat me to it Vandalmom

Stats from the game according to Tylerpaper.com:

Total Yards

Gilmer 428

Van 420

GIL VAN

First Downs 22 19

Rushes-Yards 37-268 51-211

Passing Yards 160 209

Comp.-Att.-Int. 11-20-2 7-17-2

Punts-Avg. 3-37.6 4-35.0 Fumbles-Lost 0-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards 10-96 11-92

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING -- Gilmer,

Gus Johnson 17-128, Luke Turner 6-22, Marqualon Tate 2-28, Darrion Pollard 2-22, Gavin Holt 7-49, Xavier Easley 3-19.

Van, Tory Parsons 25-84, Michael Terry 21-96, Corey Fuller 4-9, Colby Rucker 1-22.

PASSING -- Gilmer,

Turner 11-20-2 -- 160.

Van,

Parsons 7-16-2 -- 209, Terry 0-1-0 -- 0.

RECEIVING -- Gilmer,

Wesley Johnson 3-80, Easley 3-31, Pollard 2-33, Gus Johnson 2-10, Jordan Traylor 1-6.

Van

, Rucker 4-176, Andy Brey 2-14, Terry 1-19.

From the stats...Looks like the teams were pretty evenly matched! Looks like it came down to the differnece in rushing and turnovers? Am I wrong here?

Stats from the game according to Tylerpaper.com:

Total Yards

Gilmer 428

Van 420

GIL VAN

First Downs 22 19

Rushes-Yards 37-268 51-211

Passing Yards 160 209

Comp.-Att.-Int. 11-20-2 7-17-2

Punts-Avg. 3-37.6 4-35.0 Fumbles-Lost 0-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards 10-96 11-92

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING -- Gilmer,

Gus Johnson 17-128, Luke Turner 6-22, Marqualon Tate 2-28, Darrion Pollard 2-22, Gavin Holt 7-49, Xavier Easley 3-19.

Van, Tory Parsons 25-84, Michael Terry 21-96, Corey Fuller 4-9, Colby Rucker 1-22.

PASSING -- Gilmer,

Turner 11-20-2 -- 160.

Van,

Parsons 7-16-2 -- 209, Terry 0-1-0 -- 0.

RECEIVING -- Gilmer,

Wesley Johnson 3-80, Easley 3-31, Pollard 2-33, Gus Johnson 2-10, Jordan Traylor 1-6.

Van

, Rucker 4-176, Andy Brey 2-14, Terry 1-19.

IMO you are wrong. if you were at the game, it was not evenly matched. Gilmer coasted on offense the second half. Van scored on Gilmer's backups. Congrats to Van. Getting 2 deep in the playoffs. Hope they can build, but they were outmatched this weekend.

On a side note. Things get a lot more difficult for Gilmer this week. They will have their hands full and I am guessing they might fall. But best of luck to them. Hope they do win.

IMO you are wrong. if you were at the game, it was not evenly matched. Gilmer coasted on offense the second half. Van scored on Gilmer's backups. Congrats to Van. Getting 2 deep in the playoffs. Hope they can build, but they were outmatched this weekend.

On a side note. Things get a lot more difficult for Gilmer this week. They will have their hands full and I am guessing they might fall. But best of luck to them. Hope they do win.

I agree. Gilmer came out and punched Van in the mouth with the 29 point lead. I was impressed with Gilmer's defense. They did a great job containing the run in the first half, and the early pick 6 had Van scared to put the ball in the air until the 3rd quarter. However, Van is a fairly young team, with a first year head coach. Hopefully they can build off of this year and put together a good campaign next year.

I was at the game, and overall think Gilmer was the better team! But Van had countless recievers wide open in the first half that the qb totally missed!! Two for sure would of been tds! Like I said I think Gilmer is the better team, but Gilmers secondary had some big issues! If not for the early pick and if the bad throws Van had early,this would of been a way closer game! The Gilmer D line did a great job stopping Van on 4 down two or three times! Hats off two both teams, and I hope Gilmer can bring it up a knotch and play better against Argyle, and bring back a W!!

Good luck!!!

Stats and records dont mean a thing unless you put points on the board. Van did good and made a couple of playoff games. Gilmer could drop the next one or keep going. But if the points aint on the board you get to go home. Plain and simple. Good luck to Van next year, they are young and should be better next year. Hope we see you in a rematch.