Waskom 12-0 vs Arp7-5 at Pine Tree Friday 6:30 Start

Wild74

Waskom vs Arp  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Waskom beat Arp early on 55-23

• Arp much improved wins
    • Waskom wins

Waskoms defense will be the best unit on the field friday night. That includes all of Arp and waskoms offense too just being honest. Arp may score 14 (could get 21 if theres a busted play). If they do score 14 that will be twice as many points as anyone else the past 5 or 6 games. This game boils down to can Arp hold waskoms offense to 14 points. Thats what its gonna take to be in position to win.

I've got a good answer from you about the knowing where the play is going. OK here goes..... Against Hooks one of our key players turns during the game and says to the coach "Coach they know our offense and where we are going" our replies "good I do to run the play" wasn't long after that Arps continued pounding of the rock had Hooks gasping for air. Waskom will have to stop the most physical offensive attacking team in the region. We've played 6 games with this attack and no one has stood up to the attack yet. Yes I do agree none of those teams arent Waskom. But Hooks had the kids Waskom had with more size and equal or better speed. They didn't have the coaching IMO. So regardless if Waskom knows kinda what's coming we don't care. We are gonna run the rock at right at them with 4-6' 190+ backs and one 5-5-170lb beast. Stop it if you can for 4 qtrs.

Gunter was by far the best team we have played this season, and they tried the same thing. They had the same ideas of pounding us with their big boys (much bigger than anything arp has to offer) all night. See where that got them? 7 points on the board. Our defense maybe be small but they have the strength and physicality. You know that.

Gunter was by far the best team we have played this season, and they tried the same thing. They ran a very similar flex bone pounding us with their big boys (much bigger than anything arp has to offer) all night. See where that got them? 7 points on the board. Our defense maybe be small but they have the strength and physicality. You know that.

Naw they ran a spread with 1 and 2 tightends then ran qb sneaks up the middle 90% of time. Started running off tackle some.

Gunter was by far the best team we have played this season, and they tried the same thing. They had the same ideas of pounding us with their big boys (much bigger than anything arp has to offer) all night. See where that got them? 7 points on the board. Our defense maybe be small but they have the strength and physicality. You know that.

you forget ARPs big boys are something Gunter was not. Fast. They have a gear that Gunter didn't. Y'all held ARP to 23 points and ARP had what 6 ints that night. I think y'all may have forgotten ARP got in the red zone and turned the ball over. ARP got smoked in the second half but ARP left 21 points on the field in the 2nd to their own mistakes. Momentum took over and Waskom moved on to take advantage of it. This time y'all don't have to worry. We have fixed those turnovers issues we had in the first 6 games of the year.

You might but most of Waskom faithful will never beleive they will get beat fair and square. That's just facts.

Funny you seem to know how Waskom acts when they get beat, it's only been what 27 games. I don't remember any excuses from the Center game other than we had 8 turnovers so we deserved to loose that game. No excuses about the Refugio loss were given either so go somewhere else with that ####. It's obvious you are just another guy who doesn't know his from a hole in the ground.

you obviously don't know.

You obiously are oblivious to the fact that Gunter held us to 28 points. Arp on the other hand allowed us to score 55 on them. How does this make arp more physical? What changes have been made defensively that can improve them by that much?

you forget ARPs big boys are something Gunter was not. Fast. They have a gear that Gunter didn't. Y'all held ARP to 23 points and ARP had what 6 ints that night. I think y'all may have forgotten ARP got in the red zone and turned the ball over. ARP got smoked in the second half but ARP left 21 points on the field in the 2nd to their own mistakes. Momentum took over and Waskom moved on to take advantage of it. This time y'all don't have to worry. We have fixed those turnovers issues we had in the first 6 games of the year.

Only Fridays game will tell if y'all have really improved enough to beat the champs. See ya then!

This is a wonderful time for JJ. His beloved Arp tigers have gone from "we are just not very good, guys" to a team he guarantees to knock off the state champions. If he is right he will be on top of the world. If he is wrong... Well he will be just wrong.

Gunter exposed our slot play some and did not respect our QB on the run. Their team speed was plenty fast enough to stop the options. Waskom's O line had their worst game of the year. It was eventually Chan Aimee who took over and beat Gunter. He will not let Arp beat them either, in my opinion.

After watching the Lone Oak game the one this Arp didn't fix was the illegal procedure issues.

Just watched the Arp vs. Lone Oak game. Both teams fought hard. Lone Oak reminds me of EF/Troup, hard playing not much talent. Arp gave away so many yards due to illegal procedure penalties. Other than that they did not impress much more that the last game. New offense, same players. Waskom would have put up 70 against Lone Oak. Arp will be fire up and ready, so will Waskom. Looking forward to a good game. Wildcats move on.

This is a wonderful time for JJ. His beloved Arp tigers have gone from "we are just not very good, guys" to a team he guarantees to knock off the state champions. If he is right he will be on top of the world. If he is wrong... Well he will be just wrong.

Gunter exposed our slot play some and did not respect our QB on the run. Their team speed was plenty fast enough to stop the options. Waskom's O line had their worst game of the year. It was eventually Chan Aimee who took over and beat Gunter. He will not let Arp beat them either, in my opinion.

Arps new offense will be more effective this time. The more effective they are, the less defensive they will have to be. This game could be a good one if Arp can keep the mistakes to a minimum. The thing about Waskom is they will capitalize and do it quick if given the opportunity. And there offense will get there points. Play mistake free and Arp will be in the game! JJ ain't all crazy, he knows what he's saying, but just gets carried away sometimes!

You obiously are oblivious to the fact that Gunter held us to 28 points. Arp on the other hand allowed us to score 55 on them. How does this make arp more physical? What changes have been made defensively that can improve them by that much?

an 11 man rotation and sophomores experience making their skill match ability. What's really gonna hurt your feeling is when you see 44 returning lettermen on the roster :)

The Arp/LO game was much closer than the final score. It was 14-6 3-4 minutes into the 4th qtr. Hats off to Arp for making the plays needed to win. That said they are not even close to being in the same realm as Waskom. Great run to get it to here but IMO it ends this week.

Nothing bad to say bout Arp, they played hard and seemed to be good kids.

an 11 man rotation and sophomores experience making their skill match ability. What's really gonna hurt your feeling is when you see 44 returning lettermen on the roster :)

You're right, the roster will probably be the ONLY thing y'all offer that could hurt anyone's feelings come Friday night. High quality wins against high quantity.

Just voted on players of the week. Of coarse I took Hillis on offense. 278 on 19 totes with 5 TD's hard not to even if I wasn't a homer. Took the Aimee young man on Defense. 23 tackles. That's madden numbers. Hey you fellas are proud of your guys and should be. I guarantee you we will beat WR. Not looking over them. You can't look over a 11-1 team. Great team. But when not if we play you yall will know you've in a fight. Not going to knock the boys. Like Natch says "to be the man you gotta beat the man" and right now your boys are the men of 3A D2 football. Good luck to yall and Arps young fellas. If yall are having to travel for Thanksgiving may the Lord be with you and your families. WR posters same to yall.