πŸ‘πŸ» Texas A&M Aggies 2023 πŸ‘πŸ»

Stoney

1 hour ago, Lion7000 said:

People adapt and learn from their past . He is relatable and seems to have humbled himself. I could be wrong but he wasn’t a cancer or bad teammate. He made bad choices and surrounded himself by folks that took advantage.

He wasn’t a cancer? Β lol. Β He would possibly be the poster child of what most folks think of when the words cancer and team come up. Β He didn’t even like being a student at Texas A&M from what I’ve seen/read/been told. Β  You got one thing right, he made bad choices. No way I’d hire Johnny Manziel if I were Elko. Β 

10 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

The guy literally was a no show last week for a paid event. He was seen at a basketball game instead. Also, watch his documentary. Hiring JF would be a HORRIBLE idea for the program… so of course I’m all for it.πŸ˜‚

I was really joking but like Vince to a lesser degree they did a lot more good than bad for their college.Β 

2 minutes ago, tbird9100 said:

He wasn’t a cancer? Β lol. Β He would possibly be the poster child of what most folks think of when the words cancer and team come up. Β He didn’t even like being a student at Texas A&M from what I’ve seen/read/been told. Β  You got one thing right, he made bad choices. No way I’d hire Johnny Manziel if I were Elko. Β 

He was more mentally immature than a bad teammate. Surrounding yourself with good people is better for you in the long term.

4 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

The guy literally was a no show last week for a paid event. He was seen at a basketball game instead. Also, watch his documentary. Hiring JF would be a HORRIBLE idea for the program… so of course I’m all for it.πŸ˜‚

He would never be anywhere near the program. Aggies love him (as they should) for the excitement he brought and he played his tail off, but he will never be a coach of anything. You can’t even count on him to show up and coach a school beer pong team… 

Even if he was sort of reliable, the dude played the game with his hair on fire and no plan. You can’t coach that type of instinct and to be honest more than half the stuff Johnny did coaches try to coach out of kids even if they could do it.Β 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

He would never be anywhere near the program. Aggies love him (as they should) for the excitement he brought and he played his tail off, but he will never be a coach of anything. You can’t even count on him to show up and coach a school beer pong team… 

Even if he was sort of reliable, the dude played the game with his hair on fire and no plan. You can’t coach that type of instinct and to be honest more than half the stuff Johnny did coaches try to coach out of kids even if they could do it.Β 

This.

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

Exactly I was pretty much joking. If he was reliable he could be in some kind of recruiting camp but that not realistic. If I am wanting a former Ag to be a Qb it is clearly J johnson or Stephen McGee !

Posted @withregram β€’ @aggiefootballnetwork Mike Elko and Texas A&M are working to finalize a deal to hire Tommy Moffitt to become Texas A&M’s new Strength and Conditioning CoachΒ 

β€œHe logged more than 20 years at LSU, helping Nick Saban, Les Miles and Ed Orgeron all win national championship on the bayou; additionally, Moffitt was named FootballScoop's 2019 Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year.”

REALLY liking this hire πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ #GigEmΒ 

Per FootballScoop.com/X

IMG_2363.jpeg

He’s proven that’s for sure. Probably will be a solid addition given A&Ms need to be more physical with the oline and more explosive on the edges both offensively and defensively.

I personally think he’s not the best long term hire they could have made, but he’s very solid for the transition.Β 

• Like 1

I honestly don't know. Lotta folks like the hire. Have him in the Jerry Schmidt vein of S&C coaches. Others are saying the game may have passed him by there at the end at LSU. I'm just hoping he's an improvement of what we had post Schmidt.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

I honestly don't know. Lotta folks like the hire. Have him in the Jerry Schmidt vein of S&C coaches. Others are saying the game may have passed him by there at the end at LSU. I'm just hoping he's an improvement of what we had post Schmidt.

We've got Sooner fanboys saying the same thing about Schmidty right now.Β Β :facepalm:Β 

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

8 home games. Go to the Swamp, Starkville, South Carolina and Auburn.

I believe A&M will be much improved with a healthy Qb . Plus add in the fact Alabama and Ole Miss Β aren’t on the schedule. 9-3 should be the basement is the Ags stay healthy.

• Mr. P locked this topic