1. 1. Gilmer

• Daingerfield
    • Gilmer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNOrtega

The days of Daingerfield dominance are long gone. I'd love to know where the people who voted for Daingefield get their supply. No way in the world they win this game. Really and truly, no way they keep this game within 35 points.

Gilmer 77

Daingerfield 7 (in garbage time)

The days of Daingerfield dominance are long gone. I'd love to know where the people who voted for Daingefield get their supply. No way in the world they win this game. Really and truly, no way they keep this game within 35 points.

Gilmer 77

Daingerfield 7 (in garbage time)

It may not get that bad. Gilmer should be ahead 40 to zip at the half and will trot out their sophs. Don't know what the final will be but it reminds me alot about the Celina mismatches where we have the game won in the first quarter. We just missed having 44 points in the first quarter in the the third round of the playoffs in 05 and it was a good break for the first team. Got to rest alot. I kinda see this game going the same way.

I'm sure Gilmer will post big number against an undermanned D'field squad, but the most important number from a Tiger standpoint is ZERO, as in injuries... We all know we probably aren't gonna stand much of a chance against a titan like Gilmer, but we just wanna get our kids some PT, get outta there unscaved and get ready for district...

Good Luck to both teams !!!

i think d field by 40

Ortega, maybe you Pewitt fans should worry about the powerhouses ya'll have on your schedule... I'm sure Cooper is a 3A contender, good early season test...LOL :getlost:

We may not dominate as in years past, all schools go through slumps... you'll learn how it feels this year in LLAMA LAND !!!

Guest JAKEBRAKE

The Pewitt faithful sure don't have any room to be jawing about Daingerfield. After getting moma slapped by Teague, I see some lean years in their future as well. All I can say about the Tigers is come on 9th graders.

Get real. How bad Tatum beat Dfield and then how bad Gilmer beat Tatum has no bearing on the outcome of this ballgame. You people know as well as I do that anything can happen at any given time. I'm quite certain that the outcome of this game will be with Gilmer winning, but you can bet Dfield will come ready to play just as they have every year.

Get real. How bad Tatum beat Dfield and then how bad Gilmer beat Tatum has no bearing on the outcome of this ballgame. You people know as well as I do that anything can happen at any given time. I'm quite certain that the outcome of this game will be with Gilmer winning, but you can bet Dfield will come ready to play just as they have every year.

I know. I wasn't really being serious.

Last year, after a big loss to Tatum and another lost to Spring Hill, Daingerfield pulled the team together and played Gilmer a great game. Both offenses were on fire with Gilmer scoring every possession and Dfield scoring almost every possession. The game ended somewhere around 60-40.

This year Dfield again lost big to Tatum. They were able to rally at home and beat Spring Hill in a close match. I am hoping they pull together and play a good game. Even playing a good game will not be enough to beat Gilmer unless Gilmer just doesn't show up to play. Not likely since the game is at home and Gilmer has been consistent the past few years with their intensity.

As some have already posted, there's something about Dfield Gilmer games that is unpredictable. Many years a better Gilmer team has had to fight to beat Dfield. Most of those games however were in Dfield. With the game being played in Gilmer its going to be harder for Dfield to stay motivated when they get down. Dfield reacts well in most situations where they aren't expected to win. They've got nothing to lose.

Friscofan, i hope you don't get drug tested at work, because you are a crack smoking fool if you think this game is gonna be close. The closest this game will ever be will be the instant they kick off, and that's it.

The defense is really playing hard, I really like what Bowman is doing. I wish he was calling all the shots, he's a no-nonsense guy that doesn't take anything from anyone. If he was in charge of this ship, no way would Johnny be pulling all the antics he's pulling. He would be the leading rusher in East Texas, maybe in the state if he would play more than 1 play a series. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. The O-line that the Tigers will see Friday, will be the biggest they've ever seen in their life and they will handle our front with ease. If they put Snow at noseguard there's no telling where the center will be snapping the ball. This is a complete Gilmer team and they play as a team. If Johnny will play the whole game like he did on his touchdown run last week where he dove for the end zone, then it could be halfway respecatable, but if he pull his usual 1 play and pull his hisself out and sits on the bench drinking 12 gallons of water, or laying on the ground like he's hurt, then it's gonna be very ugly. He might want to look across the field at his counterpart, #22, and take a few notes on playing with heart and desire.

I never said it was gonna be close! I said it was gonna be closer than most people think. I don't see 80-0 or 70-0. I simply think Daingerfield will come out and play a good game. They always do against Gilmer. They won't give up. They may just surprise everyone including the Tiger faithful! Will they win? No they won't but that does'nt mean they will get blown out either.

I just dont see this game even being remotely close by the half. Daingerfield has even less depth than we do, that stuff just aint gonna fly against Gilmer. You are looking at Jared Hill and Johnie Hurndon against an army of warriors. Hurndon is an athlete, no doubt, but Gilmer has about 14 Hurndons(minus the attitude)....3 or 4 of them dont even start. Think about it.....5 DI recruits starting on offense. It'll take Justin Johnson every bit of 5 maybe 6 carries to eclipse the 100 yard mark with that O-line he has blocking for him(maybe less carries than that), Beall did it in 8 or 9 carries behind our line.

Johnson will likely rack up around 200-250 yards and 4 TDs by halftime.

Gilmer will force D-field to have to pass the ball and I dont think Daingerfield is capable of holding the defense off of Hill long enough to let him get the ball off.

I know, I know, anything can happen. But I've witnessed both teams, this just aint gonna be pretty.

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Will Daingerfield's defense even stand a chance?

That would be negative, i just hope they don't give up. Bowman has them playing tough so i think they will give it their all for 4 quarters. I wish I could say that about another certain player.

Wow,,,,, I've read "many" comments on here about Hurndon. I also saw some film on him, and physically speaking, he seems like all the rest of the Hurndon's I've seen play. There are some very good genitics in that family. So what's the scoop on him? What seems to be the problem with him from a "passion to play" perspective? Is his attitude really that bad? I mean I've read comments that said coaches have constantly been on him to give more effort, and that teammates have urged him to put out more,, and even his family on the sidelines have pushed him to get back in the game. My question is,,, are you guys just being hard on the guy,,, or is it really that big of a problem?

I just can't imagine that type of attitude from someone so gifted. Has his health been an issue? My guess is he shows up, and plays well against Gilmer. Maybe folks should cut the kid some slack,,, is it really that bad?

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Wow,,,,, I've read "many" comments on here about Hurndon. I also saw some film on him, and physically speaking, he seems like all the rest of the Hurndon's I've seen play. There are some very good genitics in that family. So what's the scoop on him? What seems to be the problem with him from a "passion to play" perspective? Is his attitude really that bad? I mean I've read comments that said coaches have constantly been on him to give more effort, and that teammates have urged him to put out more,, and even his family on the sidelines have pushed him to get back in the game. My question is,,, are you guys just being hard on the guy,,, or is it really that big of a problem?

I just can't imagine that type of attitude from someone so gifted. Has his health been an issue? My guess is he shows up, and plays well against Gilmer. Maybe folks should cut the kid some slack,,, is it really that bad?

I promise you, it's that bad, it's actually worse than what we're allowed to say on here for the risk of being suspended or banned.

I promise you, it's that bad, it's actually worse than what we're allowed to say on here for the risk of being suspended or banned.

Ok, I guess that's just hard to understand. Personally I hope he gives his best against Gilmer. Because if you are tested by the very best any team or any individual has to offer, then you'll be more inclined to do very well as a team when you face teams in the playoffs. If Gilmer makes the playoffs, I want them so ready that there won't be any more posts about the Bucks not being battle tested due to a weak schedule. Give it your best shot Johnny Hurndon,,, I believe the Buckeyes realize what a lapse in effort can cost them. It would be very unwise on Gilmers part, to take "anybody" lightly, either a team, or an individual player. I think the coaching staff will have the Buckeyes ready, and not just the coaching staff,, but we have a very intense, and determined core of team leaders,, and I think 'they' realize the necessity of being ready for anybody or anything.