Tyler, Texas is in the middle of a restaurant renaissance, no?

cheaptrick77

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's the Chuy's going in?

Tried the Bamboo Garden by JT the other day. Got shrimp with mixed veggies and some wierd noodles that were good. Egg rolls are okay.

Chuy's is going in on S. Broadway where The Brass Lion was. Construction is almost complete.

Taco Cabana for decent, quick, Mexican food ...had one in the 90s and it closed.

I grabbed a chicken fajita taco plate at the 'Cabana' saturday on my way out of Austin. The food ,and the sausa de fuego ,still rocks big time!

Chipotle has already started construction. There's going to be an AT&T store next to it, as well.

Immortal, you don't need a reservation at BJs. I doubt they even take them, but they might do call-ahead seating. The food is good, the pizza is great and most of their in-house beers are really good. On Tuesdays during happy hour, all their in-house drafts are $2.

Panera Bread is going next to Chuy's along with likely another build-your-own yogurt place with room for one more place in the center. There will also be a strip built behind Chuy's on the Old Bullard Road side with more retail space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so In&Out Burger officially opened on Wednesday. I have yet to get anywhere close it. 1st day....3 hour wait, with lines wrapped around the block. 2nd day, 2-3 hour wait, with line wrapped around the block (people were actually running out of gas in the drive thru line). 3rd day, 2-3 hour wait, with lines wrapped around the block. I have'nt been by this weekend, so I can only imagine!

Ok, so In&Out Burger officially opened on Wednesday. I have yet to get anywhere close it. 1st day....3 hour wait, with lines wrapped around the block. 2nd day, 2-3 hour wait, with line wrapped around the block (people were actually running out of gas in the drive thru line). 3rd day, 2-3 hour wait, with lines wrapped around the block. I have'nt been by this weekend, so I can only imagine!

Might as well get used to it. Their burgers are ridiculous. I would think it's gonna take a really really long time for the "new" to wear off...

I sat through the 4 hour line when they opened on Wednesday..it was really good. Fries were a bit underwhelming though. Mine actually came out cold. But the double double, can definitely understand why people are waiting and it was worth the wait in my opinion. Had a neapolitan shake as well - it was delicious.

I went again on Friday -- Only had to wait an hour in the drive through. The key is to go during nonpeak times -- I went at 4pm and the line was not bad. I have heard too that going when they first open is good because often they will open up earlier than scheduled if they see a big enough line.

Have also been hearing that the Allen store has a tiny bit less traffic too.