77 members have voted

1. 1. Predictions

• Lindale
    • Sulphur Springs

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think that SS has the better defense and the better running game and it is difficult to run the spread against a spread team. You must be able to do other things very well. SS 42 Lindale 34

If Lindale is forced to throw, SS by 2 TDs.

If Lindale is able to run the ball, Eagles by 2 TDs.

I really think that SS has the better defense and the better running game and it is difficult to run the spread against a spread team. You must be able to do other things very well. SS 42 Lindale 34

I think Lindale will have the better running game by far, but SS will be more balanced and have a better passing game by far. I don't know what to expect from Lindale, but evidently they are a pretty salty bunch. I don't think either team will have trouble moving the ball on the other, so once again it will come down to turnovers. SS has been doing it a lot lately, so I wouldnt be shocked if Lindale wins a close one. I will be pulling for SS though.

I agree about turnovers. The one single factor that determines ballgames is usually the turnover battle. Both teams, from what I have heard have had problems with.

Here is the big factor though in my opinion. I believe that Sulphur Springs has already plateaued for this year. They are not climbing the hill as they did last year, where they continued to get better week in and week out.

On the other hand, Lindale apparently struggled quite a bit early in their season, but have now turned it around and won 4 straight, and a District Championship. They are a scrappy bunch that just doesn't give up.

Good luck to both Owens and Meador. Two great coaches that we are blessed to have in East Texas.

I agree about turnovers. The one single factor that determines ballgames is usually the turnover battle. Both teams, from what I have heard have had problems with this.

Here is the big factor though in my opinion. I believe that Sulphur Springs has already plateaued for this year. They are not climbing the hill as they did last year, where they continued to get better week in and week out.

On the other hand, Lindale apparently struggled quite a bit early in their season, but have now turned it around and won 4 straight, and a District Championship. They are a scrappy bunch that just doesn't give up.

Good luck to both Owens and Meador. Two great coaches that we are blessed to have in East Texas.

I agree about turnovers. The one single factor that determines ballgames is usually the turnover battle. Both teams, from what I have heard have had problems with this.

You have no idea, the turn overs and the mistakes are the only things that have kept us from looking better the last few weeks. SS has actually still been climbing, but has not played with alot of emotion until last night. They over came 5 turn overs to a good team that would most likely beat Lindale. The team that you see Friday night will surprise you and Lindale. IMO

14-4a's District Champ Vs 13-4a's 4th place final playoff team. This game will be a good measuring stick of the two districts. If SS can win, it will mean that 13-4a is no doubt the elite district again this year. Last year, the number 1 vs number 4 was the only game 14-4a would win in the series.(31-28 Kilgore over Marshall) Should be a good one, with the winner having a shot to go about 4 rounds deep with the side of the bracket you're on. Maybe even further, depends on which teams have improved during the playoffs the most.

Anybody who picks SS to beat Lindale easily...well...they obviously haven't seen Lindale play this year. They're a good group of kids who fight to the very end. They're gonna come out and give you all they've got, and that is what has made them victorious throughout the last few weeks. Go ahead and underestimate them. But go ask Whouse, Nac, Henderson, and Jville about them. They'll tell you.

Broussard is good, but thats not all the eagles have. Keondre Ross is also a threat too. The OLine has looked great through district. Im pretty sure they could put anybody back there and get 4-5 yards per carry. Thats all they need in the running game. lol. If they get their passing game going...wow. that'd be crazy for them.

Here we go again!!! Jville said all last week that their defense was to good to run against and they got torched on the ground. They also said that the defense wouldnt be able to catch ryan black, much less slow down their offense. Wut happened?? We came out hitting Mr. Black in the mouth and completely dominated the second half. The scary part is that this defense didnt play their best game. There were recievers open everywhere but the front 7 destroyed Jvilles o line. I pray that SS underestimates lindale. They are getting better every single week and they HAVE NOT peaked on the defensive side of the ball yet. Also, this game is in our backyard! SS is coached by one of the very best and they have lots of talent over there. Im gonna go with Lindale by 10 as long as they dont have a meltdown like has happened in the postseason in years past.

Anybody who picks SS to beat Lindale easily...well...they obviously haven't seen Lindale play this year. They're a good group of kids who fight to the very end. They're gonna come out and give you all they've got, and that is what has made them victorious throughout the last few weeks. Go ahead and underestimate them. But go ask Whouse, Nac, Henderson, and Jville about them. They'll tell you.

I hear this about every single team. Every single team that makes the playoffs, plays hard and will not give up. SS will win simply because this group of seniors and this coaching staff learned last year what it takes to win when your back is against the wall. They will be better prepared and better schooled, and most of all will have played a much harder district schedule then Lindale. Lindale has not seen as good a team as any of the playoff teams in this district and not even Hallsville as far as that goes. Going to be a great game, but SS still will win.