Good start for Dallas!

Two weeks into the season Dallas is #4 in the NFL in total offense and total defense. Romo is currently #5 in passing and #12 in qb rating. Ware is leading the lead in sacks. Sean Lee is having a breakout year and is leading the league in tackles. Yes it is way early to be tooting horns but in light of how our fan base has so many fearing doomsday for Dallas, this seemed a good time.

So far Dallas has played (supposedly) a possible Super Bowl contender in the Jets and an average team in the 49er's. Both games were very close. It is tough to get a handle on what we have. All the injuries really add to the equation. To be so competitive with this many injuries to key players and so many new players speaks for our coaching staff.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed with Romo against SF, but he took a beating. As much as I hate the Redskins, I don't think the Cowboys can beat them with a banged-up Romo. Look for Dallas to be 1-2 this time next week. They are lucky that they aren't 0-2. They should have blown the pitiful 49'ers out last Sunday.

I was impressed with Romo against SF, but he took a beating. As much as I hate the Redskins, I don't think the Cowboys can beat them with a banged-up Romo. Look for Dallas to be 1-2 this time next week. They are lucky that they aren't 0-2. They should have blown the pitiful 49'ers out last Sunday.

he's not the only one injured.

RB Felix Jones (shoulder)

LG Bill Nagy (neck)

WR Dex Bryant (thigh- may be clear to play)

WR Miles Austin (hamstring)

CB Terence Newman (still iffy)

CB Orlando Scandrick (ankle)

C Phil Costa (PCL)

You'll notice every one of these guys are starters.

Should've, could've, would've, didn't. All that matters is the scoreboard after the game. We could go 1-15 and "should've" beat 15 teams..

or they could go 15-1 and lucky they aren't 1-15. everyone can say what they want about what they think the caliber of team SF is but the Cowboys won. doesn't matter how you get it done a win is a win. it's not always pretty

or they could go 15-1 and lucky they aren't 1-15. everyone can say what they want about what they think the caliber of team SF is but the Cowboys won. doesn't matter how you get it done a win is a win. it's not always pretty

This kind of argument is useless. The same people would have just belittled a win against the Jets. The same people will always TRY to.

If we can make to the buy at 3-1 I will be very impressed with our coaches and players because we have a ton of injuries. I expect us to be 2-2 because the Detroit game is going to be tough but I do believe we can win, were just going to need everyone to step up and get the running game going.

This kind of argument is useless. The same people would have just belittled a win against the Jets. The same people will always TRY to.

I would have said it was a great win going into New York, and pulling off an upset. We have some injuries in key areas early in the season. I realize that the season is still young, but it's not looking promising, unless some of the backups can step it up a notch.

I would have said it was a great win going into New York, and pulling off an upset. We have some injuries in key areas early in the season. I realize that the season is still young, but it's not looking promising, unless some of the backups can step it up a notch.

Romo playing injured and Jesse Holley stepped up. i'd say it has to look a little promising

How about saying Dallas is in good shape after 2 games. With all the injuries to all the starters and still playing very competitive in both games. I would say the better days are to come this season. As it stands we will be getting all our players back and the new offensive line will continue to get better along with the defense. Especially since we will be getting our starters back there also. I could be worried if both these games were blow-outs. It did not happen. Even with all the changes on this team, they are making great progress!

You call it criticism, I call it realism. The Cowboys are 1-1, and most people would have predicted that record at this point after 2 games.

I'm very pleased with the new OL. Yes they are not stellar, but young and improvement is almost guaranteed which has not been the case in years. I expect the Cowboys to beat the Redskins at home. Even if they do they are right on schedule as predicted. I give no credibility to the idea that the Cowboys played great against a good Jets team......or bad against a weak 49'ers team. A win or a loss is all that matters. Moral victories are hollow. Dallas must hold home advantage over conference foes at home if they expect to make the playoffs

You call it criticism, I call it realism. The Cowboys are 1-1, and most people would have predicted that record at this point after 2 games.

I'm very pleased with the new OL. Yes they are not stellar, but young and improvement is almost guaranteed which has not been the case in years. I expect the Cowboys to beat the Redskins at home. Even if they do they are right on schedule as predicted. I give no credibility to the idea that the Cowboys played great against a good Jets team......or bad against a weak 49'ers team. A win or a loss is all that matters. Moral victories are hollow. Dallas must hold home advantage over conference foes at home if they expect to make the playoffs

As far as credibility I think the Jets and 49er's games give a more realistic example of where Dallas is. You have teams playing each other that have no recent history or rivalry. As far as our conference foes it's hard to put much value in those wins or losses. I see these teams spitting so often regardless of their abilities or rankings. The wins are nevertheless just as important.

As far as credibility I think the Jets and 49er's games give a more realistic example of where Dallas is. You have teams playing each other that have no recent history or rivalry. As far as our conference foes it's hard to put much value in those wins or losses. I see these teams spitting so often regardless of their abilities or rankings. The wins are nevertheless just as important.

Great post. Records can be thrown out the door when it comes to division rivalries.

I think the Cowboys should've won against the Jets and I'm still not really sure how they lost that game. I predicted the Cowboys to win it all last year, based purely on the talent there. I was wrong obviously. Although I do not support the Cowboys, I'm not blind to the talent that they have.

the Cowboy haters are lucky they aren't 2-0. they should have beaten a very good Jets team.

We are lucky. Cowboy fans were drinking the kool-aid after Jason Garrett took over last year proclaiming they were going to make the playoffs. Cowboy fans are die-hards and blow-hards. They think whoever they have is the best, but same for Green Bay, Pittsburg, and Patriots fans. Don't get me started on NY Giants fans... Anyways, I think it is safe to say that Cowboy haters (such as myself) have to get used to some Cowboy fans with their blinders on. It's a natural progression. In Dallas, that season last year didn't even happen... I can tell you that the morning show on ESPN Radio in Dallas barely mentioned anything about the Cowboys the last few weeks of the season trying to put it out of their memory before it was even over.

We are lucky. Cowboy fans were drinking the kool-aid after Jason Garrett took over last year proclaiming they were going to make the playoffs. Cowboy fans are die-hards and blow-hards. They think whoever they have is the best, but same for Green Bay, Pittsburg, and Patriots fans. Don't get me started on NY Giants fans... Anyways, I think it is safe to say that Cowboy haters (such as myself) have to get used to some Cowboy fans with their blinders on. It's a natural progression. In Dallas, that season last year didn't even happen... I can tell you that the morning show on ESPN Radio in Dallas barely mentioned anything about the Cowboys the last few weeks of the season trying to put it out of their memory before it was even over.

Cowboy fans drinking the kool-aid? The Cowboys won more games than they lost with Garrett as the Head Coach, and honestly I don't remember anyone proclaiming that Dallas was going to make the playoffs. I believe that some "hoped" that the Cowboys could have made the playoffs, but I don't believe that anyone "proclaimed" that they would.

Now then, the Cowboy fans have on blinders? Dallas gave the Jets all they could handle and then some...then, with injuries piling up, responded by erasing a double digit deficit against the 49'ers and won. So far, this season, it is the Cowboy haters who are wearing the blinders.

Cowboy fans drinking the kool-aid? The Cowboys won more games than they lost with Garrett as the Head Coach, and honestly I don't remember anyone proclaiming that Dallas was going to make the playoffs. I believe that some "hoped" that the Cowboys could have made the playoffs, but I don't believe that anyone "proclaimed" that they would.

Now then, the Cowboy fans have on blinders? Dallas gave the Jets all they could handle and then some...then, with injuries piling up, responded by erasing a double digit deficit against the 49'ers and won. So far, this season, it is the Cowboy haters who are wearing the blinders.

Buckeyefan.......... I admit...... I might have sipped a little of the kool-aid. In all honesty, it was very good. It gets better with each sipblush.gif

I lived in FW last year. The sports talk there was all about Garrett making the playoffs last year until reality set back in.

The blinders comment was meant for fans in general. There was more than 1 team named in those comments. And finally, the blinders that I was referring to had more to do with how fans act like every player for their team is the greatest player ever. (See Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Dez Bryant, Wes Welker, Tom Brady)

I lived in FW last year. The sports talk there was all about Garrett making the playoffs last year until reality set back in.

The blinders comment was meant for fans in general. There was more than 1 team named in those comments. And finally, the blinders that I was referring to had more to do with how fans act like every player for their team is the greatest player ever. (See Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Dez Bryant, Wes Welker, Tom Brady)

Fair enough.

Three weeks into the season and a 2-1 record, tied for 1st in the NFC East...

Are Cowboy fans still wearing blinders?

well i think we were very fortunate to come out of this one with a win. way too many mistakes, especially with the snaps. costa said the skins were yelling out the cadence and i can see that. i can tell sitting in my living room when we're gonna snap it. penalties again were lopsided and all michael vick had to do was watch the way romo got knocked around tonight and see that no one is trying to target him. martellus bennett continues to prove what an absolute underachieving joke his entire career in dallas has been. we'd better fix what is broken cause the lions have been the cowboys washington generals for years and they're probably tired of it.