Winona vs Elysian Fields

rock95

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some information that someone may want, the game will be broadcast on KMHT 103.9 FM from Marshall tonight.

I will be listening in. I still predict a blowout, regardless of what JJ says. I think he will be wrong on more than one occasion the rest of the way.lol

See JJ- I told you in the Arp/Winona thread that Winona has good team speed and is more physical than they have been anytime in recent memory (I was wrong however about the game being closer than people thought and Arp taking out Potts/Roberson/Johnson to preserve them for the playoffs). I know the score doesn't indicate it, but Winona didn't just lay down and let Arp whip them. Winona punched back. They just couldn't get Arp's qb on the ground consistently or make enough plays on offense to really keep it close. From what I saw, it wasn't that Winona was THAT BAD as much as it was that Arp is just THAT GOOD. That being said... I'm sure everyone expects EF to thump Winona. I like that. That is a dangerous position be in because Winona has nothing to lose. We'll see what happens...

See JJ- I told you in the Arp/Winona thread that Winona has good team speed and is more physical than they have been anytime in recent memory (I was wrong however about the game being closer than people thought and Arp taking out Potts/Roberson/Johnson to preserve them for the playoffs). I know the score doesn't indicate it, but Winona didn't just lay down and let Arp whip them. Winona punched back. They just couldn't get Arp's qb on the ground consistently or make enough plays on offense to really keep it close. From what I saw, it wasn't that Winona was THAT BAD as much as it was that Arp is just THAT GOOD. That being said... I'm sure everyone expects EF to thump Winona. I like that. That is a dangerous position be in because Winona has nothing to lose. We'll see what happens...

Good post 13TX, but don't confuse posts on Smoaky with how the team thinks. I can promise you they will not look past Winona. They got thumped last year and with 20 returners they all remember what that felt like. EF blew a 20-7 half time leed, I would look for them to keep the pedal to the medal the whole game if they can. Leaving now for the game, Roll Jackets!

<br/>See JJ- I told you in the Arp/Winona thread that Winona has good team speed and is more physical than they have been anytime in recent memory (I was wrong however about the game being closer than people thought and Arp taking out Potts/Roberson/Johnson to preserve them for the playoffs). I know the score doesn't indicate it, but Winona didn't just lay down and let Arp whip them. Winona punched back. They just couldn't get Arp's qb on the ground consistently or make enough plays on offense to really keep it close. From what I saw, it wasn't that Winona was THAT BAD as much as it was that Arp is just THAT GOOD. That being said... I'm sure everyone expects EF to thump Winona. I like that. That is a dangerous position be in because Winona has nothing to lose. We'll see what happens...<br/>
<br/><br/><br/>

Winona gave us a good game. score aside the played hard as hell. Even they were way down they played the same. I like the coaching staff and seems like the folks over there have the right attitude. I think EF wins tonight but I am pulling for the Wildcats. Something tell me they can do it!