Chapel hill vs Decatur

Chill5000

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked all the brackets and 16-3A & 5-1ADI are the only two districts in the state 1A-5A that have all playoff representatives still alive. I didn't even look at 6-man, due to their brackets and number of rounds being so different.

16-3A

Kilgore

Gilmer

Chapel Hill

Gladewater

5-1ADI

Goldthwaite

Hico

DeLeon

Rose stadium seats 11,500. The crowd I seen from Kilgore friday, I doubt the Rose sells out. Chapel Hill didn't bring a great crowd either when they played Athens. I do expect both teams to bring a good crowd if both should make it that far.

Don't mean much but padilla has Chapel HIll as a 15 point favorite. IMO this game will be a shootout. Decatur can score and have several playmakers at wide out. decaturs defense gives up a lot of big plays and that's what will hurt them in the overall matchup. I think Chapel HIlls defense makes more big plays and that will be the difference

Don't mean much but padilla has Chapel HIll as a 15 point favorite. IMO this game will be a shootout. Decatur can score and have several playmakers at wide out. decaturs defense gives up a lot of big plays and that's what will hurt them in the overall matchup. I think Chapel HIlls defense makes more big plays and that will be the difference

Chapel Hill is a very good football team and the quarterback is playing at a very high level but I strongly disagree about the defense. I do not think the defense will be

able to hold up against a good offense and that will be why Decatur takes this one in a shootout. 49-38 Decatur

Chapel Hill is a very good football team and the quarterback is playing at a very high level but I strongly disagree about the defense. I do not think the defense will be

able to hold up against a good offense and that will be why Decatur takes this one in a shootout. 49-38 Decatur

I'm not saying it would be impossible for Decatur to score 49 against CH. The only two schools to score that much against CH are Gilmer and Carthage. Gilmer is ultra explosive averaging 56 points per game and Carthage had the help of 7 Chapel Hill turnovers. The pass heavy Whitehouse (54 P/G Avg.) only scored 42 against CH's defense.

Decatur is averaging 40.4 points per game.

This will be a good test for CH to see what their defense can accomplish. I expect their defense to play with more discipline!! The deeper you get the harder it is. It's more mentally being ready to win these deep round games & CH has faced some tough competition to keep them ready. Yes it's nerve racking but these guys can get it done.

CH- 56

Decatur- 35

How opposing offenses fared against Chapel Hill

School - Score vs. CH - Season Avg./Game = difference

Lindale - 31 - 27 = +10

Whitehouse - 42 - 54 = -12

Carthage - 52 - 47 = +5

Palestine - 27 - 43 = -7

Henderson - 28 - 25 = +3

Gilmer - 56 - 56 = 0

Spring Hill - 14 - 17 = -3

Bullard - 7 - 14 = -7

Kilgore - 41 - 43 = -2

Gladewater - 19 - 26 = -7

Athens - 26 - 43 = -17

Crandall - 14 - 24 = -10

Notice Chapel Hill hasn't let a team hit their average point per game mark since Gilmer in Week 5. A team hasn't beat their average since Henderson in Week 4 (which is the game Clark was injured).