College Hoops thread (Reg season)

Coach Rab

I figure with so many of our fave teams relevant this season this one is warranted.

So everyone was telling me that the Johnny Jobes hire was a great thing for LSU men's hoops. I doubted it since we haven't been a major presence recruiting in top 100 talent in a while and the last time we had a good team is when 3 Baton Rouge/New Orleans kids stayed in state (Davis etc.). However, after a 17-4 start, I can see this team maybe making a sweet 16 this year.

Horns look hot and cold, same for OU and Baylor. Aggies show flashes of life and could possibly make the NIT. Any thoughts?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A&M is talented in some areas but maybe the worst coaches division 1 basketball team I've seen in some time. I don't understand how players are committing to play for Kennedy. The Ags have 4 players signed that are program changing players, but I don't understand why they did it lol.

SFA was ahead of LSU in the latest USA Today Coaches Poll....... :P

Big game in Huntsville on Saturday...I plan on being there

The scary thing about SFA is I don't think they have peaked yet. Putting it together with a whole new team and getting chemistry was an issue early this year, but since beating Memphis on the road, they have really looked good.

Big game in Huntsville on Saturday...I plan on being there

The scary thing about SFA is I don't think they have peaked yet. Putting it together with a whole new team and getting chemistry was an issue early this year, but since beating Memphis on the road, they have really looked good.

I hope they peak right about march madness time.......maybe win TWO tournament games this year.......

By all the reports, SFA is having a hard time filling non-conference games for next year...I wonder why

Had a lot of trouble this year...Not a lot of in-state teams willing to play SFA

Kinda stinks because Underwood seems to really be pushing a tougher schedule, something that was lacking under Kaspar. Now they play a lot of bigger games out of state. Hopefully we can get a few of those big teams down here next year. Attendance is already way up from recent years.

Had a lot of trouble this year...Not a lot of in-state teams willing to play SFA

Kinda stinks because Underwood seems to really be pushing a tougher schedule, something that was lacking under Kaspar. Now they play a lot of bigger games out of state. Hopefully we can get a few of those big teams down here next year. Attendance is already way up from recent years.

Oh I was being sarcastic!! Sorry. Not a lot of benefit in any of the big boys playing SFA, much less playing SFA at home.

IF IF IF underwood hangs around Nacogdoches for a while then I think SFA could start to turn into a very solid mid major.

Oh I was being sarcastic!! Sorry. Not a lot of benefit in any of the big boys playing SFA, much less playing SFA at home.

IF IF IF underwood hangs around Nacogdoches for a while then I think SFA could start to turn into a very solid mid major.

Ooops...

Hope SFA can keep him around. They signed him to an extention and doubled his pay this offseason on to keep him around. The powers that be seem to really like him and I know the community thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread

Ooops...

Hope SFA can keep him around. They signed him to an extention and doubled his pay this offseason on to keep him around. The powers that be seem to really like him and I know the community thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread

He's done one heck of a job. If I remember correctly he had the best record through 50 games of any coach in their first job

Need to have a big finish in SEC to have a chance.

A&M basically has to win the SEC tourney... So no shot for them.

LSU needs at least 1 upset win, a win in the SEC tourney and no more screw ups to average SEC teams like A&M

And if you look at their schedule... They haven't been blown out of the gym in any of their games...

He's done one heck of a job. If I remember correctly he had the best record through 50 games of any coach in their first job

If he stays 2 more years and continues to win like this, he will land the big job and SFA could become VCU/Davidson/Gonzaga of the south... The question really is how is the funding of the basketball program? To get the big Non conference games, they may have to travel some.

Also Colmes, LSU hasn't broken the top 25 yet :). But that's ok... We just want the at large, riding the coat tails of Kentucky on our conference SoS :)

If he stays 2 more years and continues to win like this, he will land the big job and SFA could become VCU/Davidson/Gonzaga of the south... The question really is how is the funding of the basketball program? To get the big Non conference games, they may have to travel some.

Also Colmes, LSU hasn't broken the top 25 yet :). But that's ok... We just want the at large, riding the coat tails of Kentucky on our conference SoS :)

That's exactly what I was thinking. It won't happen overnight. But if they keep winning at this clip they have to creep into the national picture. I guarantee this there isn't a 4-6 seed out there that wants to see them pop up on the screen on selection sunday. At some point they are going to have to get a consistently strong non-con schedule...because the SLC isn't good enough to be a 2 bid league.

They've shown they aren't afraid to travel this year...played At Baylor, Xavier, Memphis.

A&M basically has to win the SEC tourney... So no shot for them.

LSU needs at least 1 upset win, a win in the SEC tourney and no more screw ups to average SEC teams like A&M

And if you look at their schedule... They haven't been blown out of the gym in any of their games...

Troll on my man. 😎

Troll on my man.

That wasn't me trolling... Look at A&M's losses... Baylor, Ks St, Alabama... All blowouts. Then you have a loss to Dayton, and a good OT loss to Kentucky. Your only convincing wins are against bottom feeders....

So yes, the LSU loss to A&M was a huge screw up to an inferior team. And Lion, you shouldn't +1 any trolling comment... I don't even have tomstalk your posts to find excessive trolling... I know you don't have the capacity to differentiate your normal behavior and trolling, but they are basically the same exact thing.

Why don't you go back in the HS forums and bash a kid then call someone classless in the same post again...

That wasn't me trolling... Look at A&M's losses... Baylor, Ks St, Alabama... All blowouts. Then you have a loss to Dayton, and a good OT loss to Kentucky. Your only convincing wins are against bottom feeders....

So yes, the LSU loss to A&M was a huge screw up to an inferior team. And Lion, you shouldn't +1 any trolling comment... I don't even have tomstalk your posts to find excessive trolling... I know you don't have the capacity to differentiate your normal behavior and trolling, but they are basically the same exact thing.

Why don't you go back in the HS forums and bash a kid then call someone classless in the same post again...

Lsu has some big wins? Lsu has proved to be better this season?

I rethought aggies are tourney locks, SEC SEC. That is just a strong BBall conference.

We allowed your Big XII brother from the north here to boost our basketball prowess, but they went all SEC on us... Football strong BBall weak (minus Kentucky)

Lsu has some big wins? Lsu has proved to be better this season?

LSU has 2 top 25 players on the roster. The WVU win was big, the ODU and Clemson losses hurt, but not bad. The killers will be the A&M and Missouri loss... But all of their losses have been close. Even the 9 point loss was a 2 pt game within the final seconds.

LSU is a good team with good talent. A&M is a scrappy team with average talent. Any basketball guy can look at the 2 and tell you that. LSU's worst enemy will be themselves. A&M will lose at least 5 or 6 more in conference.

I will even go as far as saying that if LSU loses another to anyone but Kentucky the SEC may only get 2 in the tourney

LSU has 2 top 25 players on the roster. The WVU win was big, the ODU and Clemson losses hurt, but not bad. The killers will be the A&M and Missouri loss... But all of their losses have been close. Even the 9 point loss was a 2 pt game within the final seconds.

LSU is a good team with good talent. A&M is a scrappy team with average talent. Any basketball guy can look at the 2 and tell you that. LSU's worst enemy will be themselves. A&M will lose at least 5 or 6 more in conference.

I will even go as far as saying that if LSU loses another to anyone but Kentucky the SEC may only get 2 in the tourney

A&M just knocked off second place Tennessee to go to 4-2 in conference and took over second place. They have really looked like a different team since that Bama loss.

A&M just knocked off second place Tennessee to go to 4-2 in conference and took over second place. They have really looked like a different team since that Bama loss.

"2nd place" Is hardly the 2nd best team. 2nd best in SEC Is probably Georgia or Alabama right now. Neither one is really that great though... if the SEC eats itself the conference could end up being Kentucky and only Kentucky

"2nd place" Is hardly the 2nd best team. 2nd best in SEC Is probably Georgia or Alabama right now. Neither one is really that great though... if the SEC eats itself the conference could end up being Kentucky and only Kentucky

I don't think it will be quite that bad... 2-3 should get in depending on which 3.