College Hoops thread (Reg season)

Coach Rab

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Losing record in conference play (Overall weak conference at that) shouldn't bode well for the Horns come tourney time.

Sad thing is, this is a talented enough team to catch fire and win the conference tourney to get the auto bid. Then they could ride that momentum and play into the second weekend, sparing Rick Barnes' job...

Not sure about the weak conference thing. 6 ranked teams in the Big 12

I know they have ranked teams but I just can't buy into most of those teams. Kansas doesn't seem as strong as they have been in recent years. Iowa State has been a pleasant surprise, but questions linger about what kind of tourney success is possible.

Baylor, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia seem to be on a second tier behind the other two. Good teams. Teams that could make a little run in the tournament, but ultimately teams that won't likely play into the second weekend.

I think the Big XII will be much deeper next year, especially if they aren't gutted by early enrollees for the draft.

I just don't understand how you can have the size and talent that you do inside...and good young guards and lose 6 of 9. I know i've said this before...but Javan Felix has no business being on the floor in crunch time...or any time really.

Barnes has been doing less with more for a long time. It's time for him to go

I know they have ranked teams but I just can't buy into most of those teams. Kansas doesn't seem as strong as they have been in recent years. Iowa State has been a pleasant surprise, but questions linger about what kind of tourney success is possible.

Baylor, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia seem to be on a second tier behind the other two. Good teams. Teams that could make a little run in the tournament, but ultimately teams that won't likely play into the second weekend.

I think the Big XII will be much deeper next year, especially if they aren't gutted by early enrollees for the draft.

No mention of Oklahoma? After last night, OU is 3 wins from a share of the Big 12 title. Also alone with Kentucky as the only teams with 10 wins over RPI top 50 teams.

Iowa State is a very good team. Have been solid for a few years. I #9 in current RPI

Kansas is still a top 10 team in both polls, #2 in RPI.

No mention of Oklahoma? After last night, OU is 3 wins from a share of the Big 12 title. Also alone with Kentucky as the only teams with 10 wins over RPI top 50 teams.

Iowa State is a very good team. Have been solid for a few years. I #9 in current RPI

Kansas is still a top 10 team in both polls, #2 in RPI.

Not sure why I forgot about Oklahoma. They might actually be my favorite in the conference.

The Big XII as a whole has the highest rated RPI in the country. For some reason though I still can't just buy into them.

Not sure why I forgot about Oklahoma. They might actually be my favorite in the conference.

The Big XII as a whole has the highest rated RPI in the country. For some reason though I still can't just buy into them.

Well when the perceived best team in the conference loses to k state, then not buying into a national contender is understandable. But the conference schedule for any b12 team this year is brutal... More so than the ACC this year imho

Well when the perceived best team in the conference loses to k state, then not buying into a national contender is understandable. But the conference schedule for any b12 team this year is brutal... More so than the ACC this year imho

No doubt the conference is extremely competitive. No easy games in there. Even Tech plays people close (Took Oklahoma to OT recently).

UGLY start for A&M against Arkansas tonight. 10 turnovers before they even put up their first 10 shots. They are about to suffer a possible tournament ending loss tonight. Could be a 100-55 type game the way it looks right now.

Maybe they can play Texas in the NIT.

I really don't understand why Barnes is still around. I saw a more competitive team the first two weeks of basketball than I have in the last month. I was actually done with him when he came out publicly and stated that he was not at Texas to win National Championships, he was there to help players get to the NBA. That's not a direct quote, but it's what he said in general.

Found it! This took place in 2010 when the Longhorns dropped in rankings from #1 to #21.

"We would love to win a National Championship, but we're not obsessed with it because we're obsessed with these guys trying to live their NBA dream. What happened to Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge, T.J. Ford - I'd give up a National Title for all of our guys to live their dream."

Whatever Rick! The last I heard you are employed by the University of Texas, not the NBA. If you strive to win a NC, you will get more exposure for those that might be on the bubble.

Really impressed to see A&M battle back tonight. it is was sloppy, but a close loss on the road to Arkansas is enough to keep their hopes alive. A blowout would have been brutal and a win would have nearly locked them in, but a close loss was expected going in and keeps the chance for a invite alive.

I really don't understand why Barnes is still around. I saw a more competitive team the first two weeks of basketball than I have in the last month. I was actually done with him when he came out publicly and stated that he was not at Texas to win National Championships, he was there to help players get to the NBA. That's not a direct quote, but it's what he said in general.

Found it! This took place in 2010 when the Longhorns dropped in rankings from #1 to #21.

"We would love to win a National Championship, but we're not obsessed with it because we're obsessed with these guys trying to live their NBA dream. What happened to Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge, T.J. Ford - I'd give up a National Title for all of our guys to live their dream."

Whatever Rick! The last I heard you are employed by the University of Texas, not the NBA. If you strive to win a NC, you will get more exposure for those that might be on the bubble.

Good post and I 100% agree. That is an absurd statement by Barnes especially considering all of those players he named were going to end up in the NBA no matter where they played or who their coach. Rick thumping his chest over Kevin Durant making the NBA is just stupid