San Augustine vs. Overton

SAWolfman

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

...there about 52 quality athletes in Overton that could be playing and that would enable them to have a JV...but many want to be one sport kids.

Ah yes... no doubt MLB/NBA scouts are burning up the roads to Overton. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm not so sure it's about how many, but about the quality and commitment of the ones who are. Maybe take some time and some more lumps for Those playing to jell together and become a winning team.. Key on the Team part, can't be no me in team.. Just play ya part and do ya job.

so you're saying not having a JV helps??????

oh, it's so easy to criticize and be a troll...who can really fault a young man with two small children for putting in for better paying jobs, I guess you can because you are so much better than everyone else...when he was applying there were projected to be 8 offensive and 8 defensive starters returning, so he wasn't exactly leaving the cupboard bare...he had no idea that two all-district upper classmen (Jr and Sr) lineman would decide to not play and would have to now replace three all-district linemen instead of one...and another would be changing schools due to parental issues...and that he would have to dismiss another two-way all-district returner who had multiple disciplinary infractions, that took fortitude when that player was the fastest player on the team...

Yeah, go ahead and continue to criticize...oh, by the way, would you like some stones to throw since you are perfect?

With that type of fire maybe you should be the head coach there Ron Jeremy! Ladies and gentlemen, the new head coach at Overton, Mr Ron Jeremy!

so you're saying not having a JV helps??????

No I'm not, that's not what I ment, I was trying to convey the importance of committing to something and seeing it through. Having a lot of athletes and them no finishing what they start is what has put yall in the position you are in. I'll take 16 with a set over 50 that won't bring it to the table when it's needed. Quality over quantity every time.. Just how I believe.

• Like 1

No I'm not, that's not what I meant, I was trying to convey the importance of committing to something and seeing it through. Having a lot of athletes and them no finishing what they start is what has put yall in the position you are in. I'll take 16 with a set over 50 that won't bring it to the table when it's needed. Quality over quantity every time.. Just how I believe.

okay...didn't think so

And you're obviously WAY too young to even know who Ron Jeremy is or you'd be telling ole Uncle Pig thanks for the compliment!

No, I know and only a sick mind would find that a compliment, or intend for it to be one...

...and you know nothing about me, I'm probably older than you...

I just didn't want to stoop to your imbecilic, vulgar, and asinine level. (you may need a dictionary)

No, I know and only a sick mind would find that a compliment, or intend for it to be one...

...and you know nothing about me, I'm probably older than you...

I just didn't want to stoop to your imbecilic, vulgar, and asinine level. (you may need a dictionary)

Man Ron Jeremy you have a competitive fire that I love!! You should channel that inner fire towards something more productive than a message board!

Man Ron Jeremy you have a competitive fire that I love!! You should channel that inner fire towards something more productive than a message board!

I repeat, you know nothing about me...and I wash my hands of your childish and immature attempts to bother me. You can have the last word with a vulgar reference if you so wish. I have no continued inclination to communicate here or anywhere with a person who does use vulgar references, that in itself speaks volumes about you. Done.

No I'm not, that's not what I ment, I was trying to convey the importance of committing to something and seeing it through. Having a lot of athletes and them no finishing what they start is what has put yall in the position you are in. I'll take 16 with a set over 50 that won't bring it to the table when it's needed. Quality over quantity every time.. Just how I believe.

Agree

I repeat, you know nothing about me...and I wash my hands of your childish and immature attempts to bother me. You can have the last word with a vulgar reference if you so wish. I have no continued inclination to communicate here or anywhere with a person who does use vulgar references, that in itself speaks volumes about you. Done.

Sorry you feel that way Ron Jeremy. Maybe you should say a prayer for me tonight.
  • Like 1

When I played for Overton. It was known want to play Basketball, Baseball or run track. You had to plah Football. At small schools there is not such thing as a one sport athlete unless its golf.

Can't do that no more unfortunately.
  • Like 1