Bi District: 7-3ADI vs 8-3ADI

Eagleborn

On 10/28/2019 at 3:19 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

Lol it would still throw the district in to shock. They're already in shock over Hooks.

I Jooks is and has been a really good team all year.  The so called top four were beating their chest so much they didn’t take the to even take a look at the Hornets.  Hooks has good speed, size, they are physical, and play with a lot of heart.  Their only loss is to very good and highly ranked PP team that void match up and beat Qmaster if not all teams in our Dist.  If Hooks surprised you you just didn’t take the time to look 

10 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

I Jooks is and has been a really good team all year.  The so called top four were beating their chest so much they didn’t take the to even take a look at the Hornets.  Hooks has good speed, size, they are physical, and play with a lot of heart.  Their only loss is to very good and highly ranked PP team that void match up and beat Qmaster if not all teams in our Dist.  If Hooks surprised you you just didn’t take the time to look 

The reason Hooks surprised people is because they're very inconsistent. Nobody expected a 4-6 team that didn't make the playoffs last year to turn around and possibly win district. And to top it off, Hooks doesn't really schedule any competition in the preseason. Four 3AD2 teams, and the wins coming against teams with a combined (6-19) record. The "so called top 4" are consistently in the mix. They schedule competition, and the generally compete each year. But honestly HS was overlooked as much as Hooks was, they just played the best teams first. 

I'm just saying that by me saying it's a surprise, is not a knock on Hooks. Them competing is great. Look what it's done to this district. D7 is all anyone wants to talk about lol. It's a mad house. 

I will say this though, and it's not because it's Atlanta, but I feel like these next 2 games will be the toughest Hooks has played this season, by a margin. Playoff implications on the line. Jefferson playing at home. Atlanta playing after an extra week of rest, and also having extra time to gameplan. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure BMC isn't a fan of anyone in D7. 

I’m really just trying to make these next 2 days pass a little faster. I don’t care what anyone thinks. Lol. I remember last year district 8 was confident going into round 1 believing we could sweep only to go 1-3. 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure BMC isn't a fan of anyone in D7. 

Well deductive reasoning says Tatum played y'all in a somewhat close game, y'all are top on y'all's district (more than likely) and HS drummed Tatum and HS may not make the playoffs.  Probably where they got it from...

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m really just trying to make these next 2 days pass a little faster. I don’t care what anyone thinks. Lol. I remember last year district 8 was confident going into round 1 believing we could sweep only to go 1-3. 

I think it goes 2-2 this year! 

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

And iirc the gladewater HS game was tied or very close into the third quarter..

Guest Tiger03lb
11 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Does everyone in district 7 think like this?

E69FE34D-2CE5-45FF-8C89-877C1905F8BF.jpeg

I know I'm not from district 7 but I would have to say yes that district 7 is the toughest district in region 2. As for Pottsboro, I don't think they'll be as tough as advertised. Rains was hanging with them until Rain's qb was knocked out of the game and we beat Rains without any problems. And Pottsboro had their starting qb back from injury. If you want to beat us, gotta mix it up pass/run equally and create turnovers on us. 

As for the comment above that, it's the playoffs. Everyone starts over. Even good teams have gotten beat in round 1, anything can happen. Take our 3rd and 4th place teams beat out 1 and 2 teams and we had a sweep of district 5. Yes that is a weak district but can be the same for a strong district too. Personally I don't think there will be a clean sweep. Both districts are unpredictable from the 2-5 spots for teams. Sabine and Hooks are hot right now.