Week 2: Gilmer @ Kilgore

HJR7

Who's your pick  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Gilmer or Kilgore

• Kilgore
    • Gilmer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

22 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Why was he thinking they should start the clock on the FG attempt after a spike of the ball???

And it was not a fumble on the kickoff return.

I believe they were talking about the play clock there...that made more sense. There were a few times that Kilgore got endless time on plays because the play clock would not start - and they would probably have been in a bind or gotten a delay flag, at somewhat important times...just my thoughts from watching.

Edited by PelvisPresley

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

I believe they were talking about the play clock there...that made more sense. There were a few times that Kilgore got endless time on plays because the play clock would not start - and they would probably have been in a bind or gotten a delay flag, at somewhat important times...just my thoughts from watching.

And Gilmer doesn’t get the same benefit playing at home?  😂 You can’t apply rational thinking to irrational people.

18 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

And Gilmer doesn’t get the same benefit playing at home?  😂 You can’t apply rational thinking to irrational people.

Actually, no.  Gilmer definitely doesn't get the benefit of the doubt at home anymore, and haven't since Jeff left.  The same officiating crew did the Chapel Hill game, and they had no idea what they were doing in that one.

It really doesn't matter.  Not saying it did or didn't, but it should never come down to officiating to begin with.  The Gilmer coaching staff made some mistakes, and those likely cost the Buckeyes this game.  You "dance with what brung you", and I absolutely hate "prevent defense" because all that does is prevent you from winning.  Another head scratcher was getting away from the game plan in the last 2 minutes.  One first down would've locked the game had we been just a little more inventive.

It is what it is, though, and Kilgore did what they had to do to win.  Congrats to the Bulldogs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Actually, no.  Gilmer definitely doesn't get the benefit of the doubt at home anymore, and haven't since Jeff left.  The same officiating crew did the Chapel Hill game, and they had no idea what they were doing in that one.

It really doesn't matter.  Not saying it did or didn't, but it should never come down to officiating to begin with.  The Gilmer coaching staff made some mistakes, and those likely cost the Buckeyes this game.  You "dance with what brung you", and I absolutely hate "prevent defense" because all that does is prevent you from winning.  Another head scratcher was getting away from the game plan in the last 2 minutes.  One first down would've locked the game had we been just a little more inventive.

It is what it is, though, and Kilgore did what they had to do to win.  Congrats to the Bulldogs.

Wasn’t talking about officiating.  Was taking about clock operations.  Don’t say that doesn’t favor the Buckeyes at home.  I’ve seen it too many times.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 6:13 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Wasn’t talking about officiating.  Was taking about clock operations.  Don’t say that doesn’t favor the Buckeyes at home.  I’ve seen it too many times.

I been to almost every home game for 20+ years, and I don't remember the clock ever being operated improperly or favorably for the home team, on purpose anyway.  Besides, that would be on the officiating.  We can agree to disagree on this one.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I been to almost every home game for 20+ years, and I don't remember the clock ever being operated improperly or favorably for the home team, on purpose anyway.  Besides, that would be on the officiating.  We can agree to disagree on this one.

Why do you think most people say that the visiting team is down 7 points at Gilmer when they get off the bus?

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Why do you think most people say that the visiting team is down 7 points at Gilmer when they get off the bus?

I can understand that from the Jeff Traylor days, but it hasn't really been that way since.  The only way a visiting team is already down 7, as you say, is because winning there is hard to do, and visiting teams know it.  Gilmer is always a tough team to beat even when they're down.

I expect some adjustments this week that might slow Lindale down, and I expect the Buckeyes to find an offensive rhythm.  If they can do these two things, and not turn the ball over, I expect the Buckeyes to win.  If not, it's a toss up.