Henderson vs @ Tyler Chapel Hill

Lion Breed

7 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

So Jenkins didn't single handily take Lindale to state?

No he didn’t. He absolutely played a huge part in it but that whole team was good. Just to name a few of the other great players on that team- Sam Peterson, Evan Alford, Jacob Seekford, Erik Williams, Jaymond Jackson and several others. That whole team was special. Jenkins by far was the star player but definitely didn’t do it single handed. Not to mention Lindale had one of the best offensive lines in the state that year

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Lion Breed said:

Not discounting Lindale it just on paper Chapel Hill was a better team that's what I meant on haveing an off night not discredit Lindale, Lindale has a very Great Defensesive group.

Totally understand bud. And yes, CHill was definitely favored coming in. They were the #1 team in the state!! ……. WERE…….. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jakeelee05 said:

No he didn’t. He absolutely played a huge part in it but that whole team was good. Just to name a few of the other great players on that team- Sam Peterson, Evan Alford, Jacob Seekford, Erik Williams, Jaymond Jackson and several others. That whole team was special. Jenkins by far was the star player but definitely didn’t do it single handed. Not to mention Lindale had one of the best offensive lines in the state that year

But as good as Jenkins was, it didn't really matter what OL/TE did because he'd just run over defenders or outrun then, dude was every bit of the word AMAZING 

9 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

That's what I was meaning when I said that Jenkins led Lindale really there were other players but Jenkins was a big part that stood out more.

Edited by Lion Breed
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

And sorry to the Hendo folks. This thread is about Hendo Vs. chill. Not lindale. 

Dnt need no apologies lol the kids know what they need to do Friday night I know Clay and Rocky Baker has some things in mind from watching tapes but the kids got to want to play the game and get along with eachother, I maybe crazy but I'm still picking a upset,Lion some how play like they suppose to play and handle assignments, if there were going to be a upset this could be it, it's October Halloween month the season to spoil a team and get that upset. TRICK OR TREAT!! Lol 

Edited by Lion Breed

14 hours ago, iRockNewbzz said:

But as good as Jenkins was, it didn't really matter what OL/TE did because he'd just run over defenders or outrun then, dude was every bit of the word AMAZING 

He was amazing...but off of that team:

Jordan Jenkins - Baylor

Jaymond Jackson - Lamar

Arik Williams - UMHB

Sam Peterson - Baseball at TX State but could have played football at the FCS level

Will Hutchens - Sam Houston

Casey Poe as a freshman - Alabama

Plus several other guys that could have played smaller school college ball but chose not to.

Jenkins was the one that made it all go...but to say he "single handily" took Lindale to state is a complete disservice and disrespect to the game of football.

Edited by GoodOleBoy73
Misspelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

And sorry to the Hendo folks. This thread is about Hendo Vs. chill. Not lindale. 

every CH thread is rambled with Lindale folks nothing new. Jenkins did SINGLE handedly carry them to a RUNNER UP... because the team that loaded the box and stopped him won the state championship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • SMH 1
  • Stinks 1

48 minutes ago, CHAPELHILLnotTYLER said:

every CH thread is rambled with Lindale folks nothing new. Jenkins did SINGLE handedly carry them to a RUNNER UP... because the team that loaded the box and stopped him won the state championship. 

That JELLY comin out large thie week! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Yep, I remember seeing him hike the ball to himself and then he would do wildcat TO HIMSELF EVERY single play. you guessed it. You're right ....... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA he still mad about Friday night. 

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

He was amazing...but off of that team:

Jordan Jenkins - Baylor

Jaymond Jackson - Lamar

Arik Williams - UMHB

Sam Peterson - Baseball at TX State but could have played football at the FCS level

Will Hutchens - Sam Houston

Casey Poe as a freshman - Alabama

Plus several other guys that could have played smaller school college ball but chose not to.

Jenkins was the one that made it all go...but to say he "single handily" took Lindale to state is a complete disservice and disrespect to the game of football.

Just consider the source of the criticism GoB73, it's SOME upset CHill fans still smarting from the spanking they took Friday night. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:27 PM, LetsGoEagles said:

Totally understand bud. And yes, CHill was definitely favored coming in. They were the #1 team in the state!! ……. WERE…….. 

im glad this wake up call happened now not in the playoffs like last year.

still in the top 10 which Lindale is not. Lindale had a good game plan run run and more run ,eat up the game clock. CHs defense could not get off the field on 3rd and 4th down

also heard some of the underclassman on defense did not take Lindale seriously and didn't prepare like they should have, if thats not cleaned up by them by the end of the 1stQ this week i would not be surprised if those players see another snap the rest of year 

Edited by Jknight03

I'm a  Texas High  School  Football coach/fan I likev said on Smokey last week  that this was a trap game for Chapel Hill we  been down this road before 2 years ago  Chapel Hill went in Lindale as  the 3rd  Rank  in the state and just like Friday night Lindale ended their undefeated season but eventually  everybody pump the brakes 1 lost  doesn't Define Chapel Hill Season they're still a top 10 team  they're still a young team they got a bunch of Jr and Sophmore on the roster mixed in with the Sr  they're going to be fine come playoffs time  ,Coach Rio well  have the Bulldogs ticked off and ready to make another run to the state semifinals and then this time I think they will get revenge and beat  Lindale there's too much Pride  the community and  That  program yes it hurts to lose your top  ranking but Chapel Hill know  how tough is  was  going to be going into Lindale try beat  Lindale in Lindale, The only team thats  beat Lindale on their home turf  was the Van Vandals who Newely ranked number 10 in State in for 4A Division 2 this week the next two weeks are going to be important for Chapel Hill because they will have  will battle Kilgore on senior night in  Bulldogs Stadium with the  District Championship on the line ,Chapel Hill can finish no worse than 2nd and 3rd still make a huge run in the playoffs but like they have done  the last 2 years I have all the faith in the confidence in Coach  Rio and His Staff  told the kids after the game Last Friday to  flush it mean nothing now, I feel bad for Henderson walking into Bulldogs Stadium in Chapel Hill the team that's pissed off this is going to get ugly wouldn't surprise me if Chapel Hill put 60 or 70 on the board like  they did st at Gilmer the first game of the season

Edited by Coach ETX 1991

4 hours ago, Coach ETX 1991 said:

I'm a  Texas High  School  Football coach/fan I likev said on Smokey last week  that this was a trap game for Chapel Hill we  been down this road before 2 years ago  Chapel Hill went in Lindale as  the 3rd  Rank  in the state and just like Friday night Lindale ended their undefeated season but eventually  everybody pump the brakes 1 lost  doesn't Define Chapel Hill Season they're still a top 10 team  they're still a young team they got a bunch of Jr and Sophmore on the roster mixed in with the Sr  they're going to be fine come playoffs time  ,Coach Rio well  have the Bulldogs ticked off and ready to make another run to the state semifinals and then this time I think they will get revenge and beat  Lindale there's too much Pride  the community and  That  program yes it hurts to lose your top  ranking but Chapel Hill know  how tough is  was  going to be going into Lindale try beat  Lindale in Lindale, The only team thats  beat Lindale on their home turf  was the Van Vandals who Newely ranked number 10 in State in for 4A Division 2 this week the next two weeks are going to be important for Chapel Hill because they will have  will battle Kilgore on senior night in  Bulldogs Stadium with the  District Championship on the line ,Chapel Hill can finish no worse than 2nd and 3rd still make a huge run in the playoffs but like they have done  the last 2 years I have all the faith in the confidence in Coach  Rio and His Staff  told the kids after the game Last Friday to  flush it mean nothing now, I feel bad for Henderson walking into Bulldogs Stadium in Chapel Hill the team that's pissed off this is going to get ugly wouldn't surprise me if Chapel Hill put 60 or 70 on the board like  they did st at Gilmer the first game of the season

Serious question….why did they not adjust the defensive plan at half time?

22 minutes ago, JugLine said:

Serious question….why did they not adjust the defensive plan at half time?

Interesting question and answer here. Most of the time in the 1st half CHill had all 11 players within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. On Thurman’s 70 yard run, they had 8 in the box. Coach Rio even said afterwards “we just couldn’t stop them. We tried, loaded the box, but just couldn’t get a stop”. CHill did adjust, they just couldn’t get the stop. It’s high school kids. Lindale was motivated for this one. There was no adjustment to make at halftime. They did everything they could do. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

Can Chapel Hill have an off day tomorrow. Heck play your Jv . Then again if we could actually stop turning the ball over you won’t beat anyone. The reason the score look lopsided if the self inflicted moves and not taking advantage of the opponent turnovers. 

Edited by Lion7000

1 hour ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Interesting question and answer here. Most of the time in the 1st half CHill had all 11 players within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. On Thurman’s 70 yard run, they had 8 in the box. Coach Rio even said afterwards “we just couldn’t stop them. We tried, loaded the box, but just couldn’t get a stop”. CHill did adjust, they just couldn’t get the stop. It’s high school kids. Lindale was motivated for this one. There was no adjustment to make at halftime. They did everything they could do. 

There's a reason yall dont want to play us again. There wasnt 8-9 guys in the box every play the second half... The BOX was never loaded... we as in CH dont know how to BEAR CRAWL... you wanna stop the run get those lineman off there feet where your backers can make a play. Hopefully they figure that out sooner than later. Call it how you see it. Id love to know where your INFO comes from you sound like the left wing media of this country with those statements. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, CHAPELHILLnotTYLER said:

There's a reason yall dont want to play us again. There wasnt 8-9 guys in the box every play the second half... The BOX was never loaded... we as in CH dont know how to BEAR CRAWL... you wanna stop the run get those lineman off there feet where your backers can make a play. Hopefully they figure that out sooner than later. Call it how you see it. Id love to know where your INFO comes from you sound like the left wing media of this country with those statements. 

As I said, look at the 70 yard run. 8 in the box with another close by. SMH … Tyler Chapel Hill still mad. 😂🤣😂🤣 

25 minutes ago, CHAPELHILLnotTYLER said:

There's a reason yall dont want to play us again. There wasnt 8-9 guys in the box every play the second half... The BOX was never loaded... we as in CH dont know how to BEAR CRAWL... you wanna stop the run get those lineman off their feet where your backers can make a play. Hopefully they figure that out sooner than later. Call it how you see it. Id love to know where your INFO comes from you sound like the left wing media of this country with those statements. 

And the info comes from my eyes. I was at the game. And the coach Rio info comes from @MattStepp who said he was texting back and forth with coach Rio after the game. Talk to him. SMH ….. catch up Tyler Chapel Hill! …… Come on. 

Edited by LetsGoEagles

17 minutes ago, CHAPELHILLnotTYLER said:

And we’ll be more than happy to play ya’ll again. Any place, any time. Lindale ain’t scared. You can count on that. 

31 minutes ago, CHAPELHILLnotTYLER said:

Are you really talking smack to a team that beat you soundly. Kudos to you sir.