Week Ten: Longview vs Tyler (100th Meeting)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-1, 5-0) vs Tyler Lions (6-2, 3-2)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler in a close one
    • Tyler in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2023 at 11:30 PM

4 minutes ago, Boyz_In_Blue said:

Great game Lobos. I think we really gave it all we had. Sure there was mistakes but i at least liked our fight 

JT is coming! I don't know how alignment is gonna go but I could see JT being at the top of whoever district their in next year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boyz_In_Blue said:

Great game Lobos. I think we really gave it all we had. Sure there was mistakes but i at least liked our fight 

Y'all are much improved, no doubt. Hard to see y’all not improving in the next couple years for sure.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all are much improved, no doubt. Hard to see y’all not improving in the next couple years for sure.

First blow out loss of the year, we knew what we were facing tho. I haven’t seen Longview come out that flat in a first qtr all year. I give our defense credit for keeping us in the game as long as they could. Longview is just way more physical than us. At times we moved the ball on Longview with ease so it’s definitely an improvement over last year . The score just didn’t reflect it 😂 

Woods will have JT rolling as early as next year. He knows football and I knew that immediately when they hired him.

Heck, this year was a huge step forward despite not making post season.

In two years, it's flat out not going to be fun lining up across from JT.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Woods will have JT rolling as early as next year. He knows football and I knew that immediately when they hired him.

Heck, this year was a huge step forward despite not making post season.

In two years, it's flat out not going to be fun lining up across from JT.

I've seen you say a few times that you knew Woods was a good hire. Did you already know who he was? The man definitely knows football. Going from 2-8 to above .500 in one season says alot and this district is no slouch. A lot of people have criticized him about his Oklahoma based offense. Said it didn't have enough tempo, wasn't designed to score a ton of points etc. Yes the offense has plenty of kinks, some have been fixed. I'm not sure how much more you can ask of him in the first year. I say lookout next year. 

Just now, Boyz_In_Blue said:

I've seen you say a few times that you knew Woods was a good hire. Did you already know who he was? The man definitely knows football. Going from 2-8 to above .500 in one season says alot and this district is no slouch. A lot of people have criticized him about his Oklahoma based offense. Said it didn't have enough tempo, wasn't designed to score a ton of points etc. Yes the offense has plenty of kinks, some have been fixed. I'm not sure how much more you can ask of him in the first year. I say lookout next year. 

I didn't actively follow him prior to him coming to ETX, but could tell through his interviews that he was different.

And then the resume was stupid impressive. To turn around one program is one thing, but to turn around another shows that he is a capable HC. 

Tyler got a good one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I didn't actively follow him prior to him coming to ETX, but could tell through his interviews that he was different.

And then the resume was stupid impressive. To turn around one program is one thing, but to turn around another shows that he is a capable HC. 

Tyler got a good one. 

I knew nothing about him. I did my own research on him tho. His record at Ennid was a little misleading, but he honestly didn't have the talent he has in Tyler now. But he did lead Ennid to their first playoff appearance last year in quite some time.