REGIONAL FINAL: THE REMATCH....CHAPEL HILL vs. KILGORE @ Lobo Stadium Friday 7 PM

Stankylegg

Who wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. State-Semifinalist

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to acknowledge Rio and Staff for making the necessary adjustments needed to beat one of the best teams in the state. From the dime package with Dee at safety, moving Drummond from tackle to guard and Jabo in the back field with Slicky Ricky.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

I would like to acknowledge Rio and Staff for making the necessary adjustments needed to beat one of the best teams in the state. From the dime package with Dee at safety, moving Drummond from tackle to guard and Jabo in the back field with Slicky Ricky.

I believe this is  what made the difference in CH winning! JBO was and is a stick of dynamite on either side of the ball! 

22 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I believe CH coach watched the previous playoff games of Kilgore and exploited in a major way. During the district game, Chapel Hill was trying to get to the outside and it played right into Kilgore defense. Last night it was everything in the middle and Kilgore didn't have an answer, outside of a few long runs. They were gashing the defense 5 yards a pop seemed like. There was some plays that could have changed the game.

1. The missed extra point hurt

2. The offsides call on the on-side

3. The incomplete call, when the ball never hit the ground.

4. The dropped pass in the endzone.

Sometimes that's the way the ball bounce. Hope CH can bring the trophy back to East Texas... I'm sure we'll be here again next season.

The Kilgore offense is what killed any win for them last night. If you hold CH to just 21 total points every coach would take that as a win. Yeah CH was running like crazy but it reminded me of the Lindale game you can have 500 yards rushing who cares but if they don't cross the goaline is all that matters. The Kilgore offense looked absolutely lost all game that's where I tip my hat to CH because they definitely played 10 times better on defense than the first game.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Looks who’s back!  You should move to Carthage because everywhere you go the coaching is bad 🤣

Y’all have no did anything sense Berry left. Lucky y’all made it in the playoffs this year. Tatum and Mt Vernon own y’all. Talk to me when y’all become relevant again. That’s a nice record by the way.

IMG_3175.png

3 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

The Kilgore offense is what killed any win for them last night. If you hold CH to just 21 total points every coach would take that as a win. Yeah CH was running like crazy but it reminded me of the Lindale game you can have 500 yards rushing who cares but if they don't cross the goaline is all that matters. The Kilgore offense looked absolutely lost all game that's where I tip my hat to CH because they definitely played 10 times better on defense than the first game.. 

We tried to tell y’all this wasn’t the same defense. Sometimes you have to put it on the field for proof. 

4 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

Y’all have no did anything sense Berry left. Lucky y’all made it in the playoffs this year. Tatum and Mt Vernon own y’all. Talk to me when y’all become relevant again. That’s a nice record by the way.

IMG_3175.png

You get that degree yet so you can take over a program and lead them to the promise land ? 🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You get that degree yet so you can take over a program and lead them to the promise land ? 🤣🤣

Na I am good at what I do. I am just a fan just like you. I speak my mind and the truth. People like you don’t like that. I figured you would come soon as Kilgore lost looking for me. I said it the last three years and will keep saying it. Kilgore needs a better offensive scheme and we don’t have that killer instinct. That’s start with coaching. Go ask Jonny and see what he will say. 

Well the only positive for Kilgore after last night is they will return 8 starters on Defense only losing #2, #4, #15. The offense I think will only return 3 or 4 starters. We will have us another ball slinger at QB. So let's get primed for next year sooner or later Kilgore will get tired of losing to the same team one of these years. Kilgore and ch need to get out of the same district so they don't continue to send a good team home. One needs to go to Region 2 and the other needs to stay in Region 3 so they wouldn't have to play each other until the Championship. 

52 minutes ago, TopDog96 said:

I agree man. It’s known I’ve been negative towards Rios decision making. I will say they were on point last night. Besides the adjustments, the staff had the kids in a good spot mentally. They had the kids in a good mindset and it showed. 

Great job to Rio and staff! 

Just now, KDogg32 said:

Na I am good at what I do. I am just a fan just like you. I speak my mind and the truth. People like you don’t like that. I figured you would come soon as Kilgore lost looking for me. I said it the last three years and will keep saying it. Kilgore needs a better offensive scheme and we don’t have that killer instinct. That’s start with coaching. Go ask Jonny and see what he will say. 

Agreed our Offensive coordinator is still running the same stuff when coach Vallery was here. We need a coordinator that will call plays to win the game. These punts they do sometimes they don't play to win the game they play to not lose. Last night had too much of the old very conservative coach Woods punting on 4th and inches. 

11 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

Giving yourself too much credit my man 😂 I didn’t come looking for you. Someone sent me a screenshot and said “look who don’t like the coaching again” 😂 you kinda got that rep. I have no problem with you speaking your mind at all but it does seem you should be coaching because everywhere you go the coaching is real bad. 

Edited by GWBears01

5 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Agreed our Offensive coordinator is still running the same stuff when coach Vallery was here. We need a coordinator that will call plays to win the game. These punts they do sometimes they don't play to win the game they play to not lose. Last night had too much of the old very conservative coach Woods punting on 4th and inches. 

#12 should have been getting the bulk of the carries. #15 was at RB & LB for majority of the game. 

• Like 1

Our Offensive coordinator was the Freshman coach when I came through Kilgore and how he became the coordinator on varsity I don't know I think he needs to put the play calling down or install a plan that's not from the late 90's early 2000's. The 26 and 27 Jack O's aren't the big time running plays anymore.

23 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Giving yourself too much credit my man 😂 I didn’t come looking for you. Someone sent me a screenshot and said “look who don’t like the coaching again” 😂 you kinda got that rep. I have no problem with you speaking your mind at all but it does seem you should be coaching because everywhere you go the coaching is real bad. 

Na no credit at all. You responded so it is what it is. Look at Gladewater and say it’s not. I forgot he is a home town boy. Never said Kilgore coaching is bad. Just said we have a terrible offensive scheme for the athletics we have. Look at the post and I am sure I am not the only one that thinks the same. But you read and see what you want. 

3 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

#12 should have been getting the bulk of the carries. #15 was at RB & LB for majority of the game. 

Yep number #12 should have been the starter he definitely can be our Ricky like CH has that young man is an absolute stud he runs the football at full speed and so aggressive every single carry. He also plays super smart every game I have seen of him he never gets caught up in all the mouthing and bonehead penalties I don't think I have ever seen him fumble.

Hopefully we can groom our freshman RB to play like Ricky Stewart that's how good he is if I was a running back coach I would have my guys watch Ricky's game film. I hate we still have to play against him again next year.

If CH doesn't win a Championship this year what's the question gonna be for next year. "If your not First" then your last will CH be remembered for having all that talent 4 years straight and never winning anything with it but some playoff games. Will it be a failure to the ch peeps? 

2 minutes ago, KDogg32 said:

Na no credit at all. You responded so it is what it is. Look at Gladewater and say it’s not. I forgot he is a home town boy. Never said Kilgore coaching is bad. Just said we have a terrible offensive scheme for the athletics we have. Look at the post and I am sure I am not the only one that thinks the same. But you read and see what you want. 

I will say it our Offensive Coordinator is not a true coordinator he is skating by with the athletes making him look better than what he actually is. Coach Fuller's hands are tied with his coordinators he has with Coach Woods still the AD. If Coach Fuller can hang in with being just the football coach a little bit longer Woods should be moving out of the AD spot in probably 2 more years. 

11 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Yep number #12 should have been the starter he definitely can be our Ricky like CH has that young man is an absolute stud he runs the football at full speed and so aggressive every single carry. He also plays super smart every game I have seen of him he never gets caught up in all the mouthing and bonehead penalties I don't think I have ever seen him fumble.

Hopefully we can groom our freshman RB to play like Ricky Stewart that's how good he is if I was a running back coach I would have my guys watch Ricky's game film. I hate we still have to play against him again next year.

If CH doesn't win a Championship this year what's the question gonna be for next year. "If your not First" then your last will CH be remembered for having all that talent 4 years straight and never winning anything with it but some playoff games. Will it be a failure to the ch peeps? 

Def wouldn’t be a failure. State championships are hard to win! A lot of what might have been if they don’t win it but these boys have given CH fans a lot of big wins over the years! 

Just now, WhoamI97539 said:

I will say it our Offensive Coordinator is not a true coordinator he is skating by with the athletes making him look better than what he actually is. Coach Fuller's hands are tied with his coordinators he has with Coach Woods still the AD. If Coach Fuller can hang in with being just the football coach a little bit longer Woods should be moving out of the AD spot in probably 2 more years. 

I definitely agree. We played a great game last week. The second half I think we threw the ball five times. We played power ball and that freshman running back did a great job. The  week we could not get the plays in and the offense look lost.  I know the defense did not play great but you can not expect them to bail us out every game. 

2 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I actually think our offense has been way better the last few years. Good mix of run a pass. 

To me, I don’t know why we don’t just huddle up and get the play call in. We signal in a call, and everyone acts confused for 30 seconds of the play clock before we finally get set. Just get everyone on the same page to begin with and line up and run the play. We were way more successful when we did that. 

4 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

To be honest I believe Longview is dealing with the same thing with their offensive coordinator he is from Kilgore he is finding out you can't keep running the same 4 or 5 plays. A play caller in HS will look good with the right athletes in the right spot 

I talk to some people from Longview last night and they said the same thing. I have always said after he third round of the playoffs you can throw the athleticism out the window. It comes down to coaching and who put the kids in the best position to win. 

1 hour ago, JugLine said:

I agree man. It’s known I’ve been negative towards Rios decision making. I will say they were on point last night. Besides the adjustments, the staff had the kids in a good spot mentally. They had the kids in a good mindset and it showed. 

Great job to Rio and staff! 

Agree! Coaches has their minds set!

Coaches won this game! 💯