Dallas vs Washington

I'm not a big fan of Wade's "aw shucks" attitude, but the man does his job as a head coach and does it well. HC's are to delegate now days and be managers for the most part. He is taking care of the D and doing a great job.

I humbly disagree. It's the head coach's job to oversee the team. ANY head coach can overrule a coordinator at any time. If you aren't gonna have the knowledge to stop the insanity of the play at the end of the 1st half how can you say he is doing his job well ???? He is a heck of a defensive coordinator. Unfortunately he holds the position of head coach. There is a big difference.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Garrett was the problem last nite along with Alex Baron. Wades part of the team did their part.

That was if Wade was only the Defensive Coordinator. He's not, he's the Head Coach. Wade has control over all aspects of the game. This was a great game, if you're a Redskins fan. I was dumbfounded by the play calling before halftime. This game was a total misuse of the talent that the Cowboys have. You might as well say that James Madison beat the Cowboys last night.

I love the Cowboys, but this was a horrible game for them. The play calling stunk, and it seemed like they were wanting to play backyard football and wing it. The only highlight was Miles Austin, and the occasional use of Felix Jones.

If Wade Phillips is just a puppet of Jerry, then both of them need to be gone ! I can not wait to hear Spacegolfer's take on this game. I'm sure it will be all wine and roses.

The Cowboys entire offensive system is pathetic. Dink and dunk passes for 0-5 yards. No sustainable run game and a QB who would just as soon be golfing as playing football. Combine all that with Jason Garrett's brilliant play calling that seems like "what's the safest play we can run" without taking any chances down field and you have a recipe for an anemic offense.

I'm sure spacegoober can explain it all away somehow though. :w00t:

Tony .... it's called "take a knee". Really simple move. Works real well at the end of the first half, winning or losing.... if you're too far away from the opponent's goalline to score. And if winning at the end of the game, it works even better.

The Cowboys entire offensive system is pathetic. Dink and dunk passes for 0-5 yards. No sustainable run game and a QB who would just as soon be golfing as playing football. Combine all that with Jason Garrett's brilliant play calling that seems like "what's the safest play we can run" without taking any chances down field and you have a recipe for an anemic offense.

I'm sure spacegoober can explain it all away somehow though. :w00t:

Well DirtBird.....Romo has always said he would rather play football than golf. I myself have no clue as to why some of the plays were called like they were. I have stated in the past that some of it makes no sense to me. But, it has worked the last few years. The numbers don't lie! I personally don't like the passes for no yardage when you have players that have the speed to beat a defender downfield. Going downfield one on one is a play that is there for Dallas. They just do no utilize it.

...and that Houston game will be UGLY if the Cowboys don't show up.

I completely agree. The Texans are much-improved this year. Watch out for them

Could the best football team in Texas hail from somewhere else than north Texas?? :hmm:

I thought Dez did fine. The first 3 passes to him behind the line of scrimmage were puzzling. But what plays aren't from Garrett?

[/quote

I really didn't understand those quick passes to Bryant... the CB was not backed off like they would normally be when you choose to throw those.

The game where McNabb is hitting less than 50% of his passes and the game where the Redskins didn't break 200 yards of total offense until the fourth quarter. The Cowboys shouldn't be in this position.

I completely agree that the Cowboys shouldn't be in this position. McNabb was not effective with passing but he did make some plays with his legs, more than he should have with the Dallas D knowing him so well. The Redskins are the worst in this division but they came out with the win. The Redskins D was pretty good.

Jason Garrett was the problem last nite along with Alex Baron. Wades part of the team did their part.

if wades part as a head coach is to stand there, with his mouth open while his team falls apart and look at the scoreboard with his hands on his hips and a blank stare.... you are right...

I humbly disagree. It's the head coach's job to oversee the team. ANY head coach can overrule a coordinator at any time. If you aren't gonna have the knowledge to stop the insanity of the play at the end of the 1st half how can you say he is doing his job well ???? He is a heck of a defensive coordinator. Unfortunately he holds the position of head coach. There is a big difference.

Never said he couldn't overrule anyone. He should've stopped the play at the end of the first, I agree and Wade admitted in the post game news conference he should have. Too many mistakes were made in that game by the players and the coaches alike.

The only bright spot for the Cowboys to come out of the game is, it can only get better. No way they can make boneheaded play calls and the players make boneheaded mistakes on the field and hope to make much of the season.

I understand Wade has the authority to call off the play, but a report said he was speaking with other personel upstairs when the play was called. Jason Garrett has been a problem for the last 3 seasons. Did you see how he tried to force the ball into dez bryants hands with all those screens? Dallas has trouble in the end zone and calls ridiculous plays. That is on the OC...not the head coach.

I understand Wade has the authority to call off the play, but a report said he was speaking with other personel upstairs when the play was called. Jason Garrett has been a problem for the last 3 seasons. Did you see how he tried to force the ball into dez bryants hands with all those screens? Dallas has trouble in the end zone and calls ridiculous plays. That is on the OC...not the head coach.

You're exactly right. Been saying for 2 years that Garrett is incapable of handling the job. Now, if Jerry would only recognize it, it could be taken care of.

been saying this all along garrett has to go, usually not a fan of letting coaches go during the season, but in this case get him out of here now....I am a really big fan of dez but when somthin doesnt work dont do it again and again...he did great on the other plays......Also i dont believe this loss is on romo....he did not have any picks or fumbles, that play before the half he should have did somthin else, I understand that but out of the corner of his eye he seen one of their fastest player in the open field, i would have thrown it too him too, he was just trying to make a play IMO.......Also put barron on next bus out of town tooooooo.............

they lost to the giants in the first game last year...........

2009 DALLAS COWBOYS

SCHEDULE

Record: 11-5 Coach: Wade Phillips

Date W/L Score Opponent Att.

9/13 W 34-21 @ Tampa Bay 63,806

9/20 L 31-33 N.Y. GIANTS 105,121

9/28 W 21-7 CAROLINA 90,588

10/4 L 10-17 @ Denver 76,440

10/11 W 26-20 @ Kansas City (OT) 71,214

10/18 BYE

10/25 W 37-21 ATLANTA 81,521

11/1 W 38-17 SEATTLE 80,886