Henderson vs. Kilgore

Aggie98

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Henderson
    • Kilgore

The key to a Kilgore victory will be their defense. While the talk about Kilgore not playing any quaity teams, the fact is that the Kilgore defense has made most teams look like JV's as some of the Henderson faithful claim. As alway, should be a classic Kilgore/Henderson game. If the Kilgore defense forces turnovers and shortens the field for their offense, then I forsee a Kilgore victory. If the Kilgore offense must substain long drives, that's not a quality I have seen much of this season from the Kilgore offense. Seems the more they have to handle the football, the more likely the chance of a fumble. One thing for cetain, Kilgore won't be put in in the position of having to play their 4th string running back for over 3/4 of the game as was the case last year. I agree a win is a win, but the Kilgore running back was all of 5'4" and 130# and on a couple occasions during the game he was tackled by the wind. All in all, it is great to play a game aginst Henderson that has meaning.

The key to a Kilgore victory will be their defense. While the talk about Kilgore not playing any quaity teams, the fact is that the Kilgore defense has made most teams look like JV's as some of the Henderson faithful claim. As alway, should be a classic Kilgore/Henderson game. If the Kilgore defense forces turnovers and shortens the field for their offense, then I forsee a Kilgore victory. If the Kilgore offense must substain long drives, that's not a quality I have seen much of this season from the Kilgore offense. Seems the more they have to handle the football, the more likely the chance of a fumble. One thing for cetain, Kilgore won't be put in in the position of having to play their 4th string running back for over 3/4 of the game as was the case last year. I agree a win is a win, but the Kilgore running back was all of 5'4" and 130# and on a couple occasions during the game he was tackled by the wind. All in all, it is great to play a game aginst Henderson that has meaning.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kilgore has a very good defense but i wouldnt say great yet. The two games i have witnessed Spring Hill and Bullard, they were bending but not breaking. This team friday night is a little more powerfull than those two. This game is going to be a knock down drag out. You can quit comparing records now and start looking at reality. Both have there share of costly penalities and i expect a few this week due to the fierce rivalry. If anyone wants to see a great ballgame i suggest a trip to Kilgore friday night cause it doesnt get any better than this one.

Marshall

same team that got beat by Pine tree last year and finish what 1-9

Sweeny I will give you that one based on injuries

Mt Pleasant was not that good last year but they exceeded expectations but we didn't play

Spring hill Pls tell me your joking right it was blowout by both

Bullard pretty sure it was a close game against kilgore and one td was in garbage time

Gladewater we play in week 10

Chapel hill we could have beat them badly but we liked to get our subs some work

One playoff Mt pleasant vs for sure 3 possible 4 playoffs teams.

Lion king dude..... why don't you just save all this junk till Friday night... then let the trash talk fly..

Personally I like Kilgore in this game. But I thought the QB change that henderson made for the Bullard game was a very good move. Bullard certainly wasnt prepared for them. But this game could very well decide the District Title. But then again Kilgores game next week might be for that same.

But either way Kilgore is already in the playoffs unless Bullard beats Gilmer by 28 points and we all know that isnt going to happen. and they lose their next two games. Then it's gong to be a bit more technical.

Now Henderson is in unless they lose both of their last two games or Bullard Loss to Gilmer.

Gilmer can get knocked out if they lose to Bullard and Kilgore and Henderson beats Kilgore. or if they lose to Bullard by 8 points or more, and Kilgore beats both Henderson and Gilmer.

Bullard is eliminated with a loss. But if Bullard wins by 8 and beats Spring Hill. Then Gilmer would have to beat Kilgore to Knock Bullard out of the playoffs.

So this could be a very interesting week :)

Henderson runs a 2 qb system. Whichever one works best is the one they'll use. Lately it's been monsta. No prediction from me, I've seen too many a&m longhorn rivalry games, anything can happen.

thanks

I didn't know they were using 2 QB's, could make a difference, but I still don't see Henderson being able to do much through the air against Kilgore.

thanks

I didn't know they were using 2 QB's, could make a difference, but I still don't see Henderson being able to do much through the air against Kilgore.

I have a feeling henderson's O is alot like Kilgores. We pound the ball over and over then when you least expect it we throw a bomb. I know Kilgore is 8-0 and Hendeson is 5-3 but Henderson lost 2 of the games by penalties, stupid mistakes, and honestly a total of 3 points. This game should be a good game, who knows. Rivalry games are always fun to watch. Im glad its at Kilgore cause I like the boys playing on turf.

[quote

name=LIONMAN' timestamp='1351776050' post='1807559]

I have a feeling henderson's O is alot like Kilgores. We pound the ball over and over then when you least expect it we throw a bomb. I know Kilgore is 8-0 and Hendeson is 5-3 but Henderson lost 2 of the games by penalties, stupid mistakes, and honestly a total of 3 points. This game should be a good game, who knows. Rivalry games are always fun to watch. Im glad its at Kilgore cause I like the boys playing on turf.

Yep!!......that sums it up well.....as stated in an earlier post......the penalties have been costly all year!!!.....looking forward to friday!!

Kilgore wins this one Friday. Henderson was supposed to be better the last few years but we all know what happened. This is the same talk that we have always heard. Henderson fans will understand more after the game. Henderson will be 5-4 for the season and stays in 3rd place possibly tied with Bullard. Saturday will be full of excuses and whining. Already dreading it. Well what's our overall record? Oh yeah! Kilgore is 8-0!!! This line will be said early Saturday.

Ok first off this is a sports forum, 2nd are you new to my posts , 3rd I will be here sat either way.

I am giving prior notice that while I may be on here late Friday night to congratulate the winner, the in-laws are in town and I have an ETBU football game Saturday so I may not be around the day after. Perish the thought I be labeled a "bandwagon" fan. :)

Kilgore wins this one Friday. Henderson was supposed to be better the last few years but we all know what happened. This is the same talk that we have always heard. Henderson fans will understand more after the game. Henderson will be 5-4 for the season and stays in 3rd place possibly tied with Bullard. Saturday will be full of excuses and whining. Already dreading it. Well what's our overall record? Oh yeah! Kilgore is 8-0!!! This line will be said early Saturday.

Yeah we do know what happened. We won state, went to the semis, and kicked kilgores ###### the last three years..sum it up for ya? :)

..but stats mean nothing in this game.

But you and Lion70's relentless reminding of the win/loss record against Kilgore the last three years does???

C'mon man!!

Using your logic, win/loss records in prior years to the upcoming game, would put Gilmer at a HUGE advantage next year......js

But you and Lion70's relentless reminding of the win/loss record against Kilgore the last three years does???

C'mon man!!

Using your logic, win/loss records in prior years to the upcoming game, would put Gilmer at a HUGE advantage next year......js

Which is prolly true!

C'mon man!!

I said stats as in this year's performance. Nice try to change the context but you fail once again pops..go back to your ref complaining thread you made. At least we henderson people didn't make a thread about the Gilmer refs. MOST of us just got over it.

I said stats as in this year's performance. Nice try to change the context but you fail once again pops..go back to your ref complaining thread you made. At least we henderson people didn't make a thread about the Gilmer refs. MOST of us just got over it.

You have mentioned, multiple times, your 3 year reign over Kilgore, as has your compadre'.........the self-anointed "real" lion king........which is a topic of it's own.

I'm not the one complaining about the refs.........but nice try.

Kilgore still wins and it might be a beat-down!!