16-3A Baseball Results and Standings

HHS90

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got swept just like 163A swept 153A! But I really didn't think 13 3A had the better teams. Like they say the better team doesn't always win

I would beg to differ. By definition of the results, they do. Better teams find a way to win in the game.

Looking good at practice, having better athletes, or coaching is not what makes a team better.

Being able to put it together at game time for the win does.

The standings for 13 looked mediocre, because they were all good teams. When you can sweep a district that just swept another, that highlights the level of play demonstrated with results.

"They" really don't get it.

When the dust settles, it is what it is.

I would beg to differ. By definition of the results, they do. Better teams find a way to win in the game.

Looking good at practice, having better athletes, or coaching is not what makes a team better.

Being able to put it together at game time for the win does.

The standings for 13 looked mediocre, because they were all good teams. When you can sweep a district that just swept another, that highlights the level of play demonstrated with results.

"They" really don't get it.

When the dust settles, it is what it is.

I agree. When team talent is close, It's the little things that make the huge difference in results. Getting bunts down, holding runners, hitting cut off men, not giving up outs on base runnng errors are things that have to get done in tight series like these

13-3A apparently got it done.

A sweep of all the 16-3A teams says alot.

Hard to argue.

I agree. When team talent is close, It's the little things that make the huge difference in results. Getting bunts down, holding runners, hitting cut off men, not giving up outs on base runnng errors are things that have to get done in tight series like these

13-3A apparently got it done.

A sweep of all the 16-3A teams says alot.

Hard to argue.

I went and watched Spring Hill play North Lamar on Friday night. Having been out of school for a little bit and having followed the Lamar County baseball programs, I can say one thing especially about the North Lamar program (and your post goes right with it which I highlighted).

I'm very proud to say that Igleheart has done just what he should do with NL. Having been in the same district as Pleasant Grove for the last 4-6 years - it doesn't take a genius to see how PG plays baseball. NL is mimicking the way that PG plays by way of good pitching, aggressive base running, and active bunting.

It's great to see NL having this much success - as well as the rest of District 13.

Good luck the rest of the way.