The Old Coach Friday Night Football Magazine

franksnbeans

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning the Wal-Mart in Longview on Gilmer Road did still have copies of the magazine. The Wal-Mart near Sam's(near Hwy. 259) did NOT have the magazine.

Went to WalMart after eating at a local MexIcan joint, looking for a read and could not find a copy. That store is torn up. Where did you find it?

Went to WalMart after eating at a local MexIcan joint, looking for a read and could not find a copy. That store is torn up. Where did you find it?

Got mine on Gilmer Road(Walmart) near front of store in the magazine section...Kinda oversized with FNF on it with 3 players on front...

I FINALLY got my copy. My wife found it at the Gilmer Road Wal-Mart. :thumbsup: It would be kind of easy to overlook, so just know that "The Old Coach" is in smaller print, and the letters "FNF" is very large across the top of the front.

I FINALLY got my copy. My wife found it at the Gilmer Road Wal-Mart. :thumbsup: It would be kind of easy to overlook, so just know that "The Old Coach" is in smaller print, and the letters "FNF" is very large across the top of the front.

Where did the information for this magazine come from? The information I read for the team I support is wrong from the first word to the last. It list players who aren't enrolled in school anymore, it has the size wrong on a player, has two to three players listed at positions that they do not play and it listed that the defense gave up 21 points per game last year when they only gave up 17 a game last year. It looked like a great magazine but when the information about the school you wanted to read about is wrong from start to finish it is very disapointing.

Where did the information for this magazine come from? The information I read for the team I support is wrong from the first word to the last. It list players who aren't enrolled in school anymore, it has the size wrong on a player, has two to three players listed at positions that they do not play and it listed that the defense gave up 21 points per game last year when they only gave up 17 a game last year. It looked like a great magazine but when the information about the school you wanted to read about is wrong from start to finish it is very disapointing.

Pretty sure info or most of the info came from coaches.. That would be my guess.. And from a good bit ago..

???

:notworthy:

Pretty sure info or most of the info came from coaches.. That would be my guess.. And from a good bit ago..

???

True statement...I questioned a lot of the information provided for the team i support...Listed players to keep a eye on that haven't even sniffed the playing field...and left out players that should impact...Maybe the element of suprise....

Elysian Fields Yellowjackets

The first sentence of the preview reads:

The Yellowjackets are 11-8 since going to the state finals in 2007. Isn't that correct?

Lists the following players: Alex Macklin, Stanley Roquemore, Fabian Williams, Ty Lawless, Luis Deleon, Jeremy Wiggington, William Hicks, Matt McMillion, Isaiah Golden, and Christian Smith.

Which players are no longer enrolled?

Elysian Fields Yellowjackets

The first sentence of the preview reads:

The Yellowjackets are 11-8 since going to the state finals in 2007. Isn't that correct?

Lists the following players: Alex Macklin, Stanley Roquemore, Fabian Williams, Ty Lawless, Luis Deleon, Jeremy Wiggington, William Hicks, Matt McMillion, Isaiah Golden, and Christian Smith.

Which players are no longer enrolled?

Frank...Other teams shouldn't be worried about the players listed they should be worried about the players NOT listed. They are the ones that will sneak up on you. The ones mentioned above should have no problem handling their own this year.

Best of Luck to ur Tigers this year....enjoyed watching them last year.