2011 14-4A & 13-4A top players

johntylerfan

We all know or got a good idea who the best teams are going to be in both these district, but what newcomers or returning do ya'll see making a huge impact. Here are mine:

JT- DE Tyis Bowser(junior to be; all-american written all over him), QB Greg Ward(will lead a very good JT offense), DE Eric Davis(leads a very good D-line rotation), WR Fred Ross, RB Reggie Gipson(soph. to be; very good upside), and WR/RB Devonte Haggerty(one of the fastest kids in ET)

Longview-Eric Hawkins(kid can flat out fly), Deontre Wilson(very athletic; LV has a very good team coming back)

Whitehouse- Hunter Taylor(WH's field leader and most important player to their team), Johnathan Aldrige(very quick out of the shoot)

Sulpur Springs-Greg Owens, Kendrick Daniels(best player on the 2nd best 4A team in ET IMO)

Kilgore-Ladarius Anthony(TCU commit)

Alot of these kids are obvious, but I am just trying to get a picture of the up and comers.

Sherman's got Ryan Reid who has 3 offers as of now..

Of course Texas high has best lineman in state in McGee but they also have Blake McCown who is a pretty good and smart linebacker..

RC has a pretty good linebacker...

Heres a few that will be more than known when season is over.

Hallsville will have a strong junior class led by Cayden Ferrell. I expect he will become the full time RB after being a starter on defense his freshmen and sophomore seasons. Hallsville had several sophs start last year on both sides of the ball and will have some quality players moving up from JV.

Hallsville will have a lot of speed. Their 4X100 relay qualified for regionals with underclassmen.

Longview is 5A Johntylerfan.

Hallsville will have a strong junior class led by Cayden Ferrell. I expect he will become the full time RB after being a starter on defense his freshmen and sophomore seasons. Hallsville had several sophs start last year on both sides of the ball and will have some quality players moving up from JV.

Hallsville will have a lot of speed. Their 4X100 relay qualified for regionals with underclassmen.

well then nac has a lot of speed casue they qualifed too.

I know Longview is 5A. I just added them in there for the heck of it. BTW, track speed and football speed are two different things entirely. Not talking down on h-ville at all but I wasn't really impressed by anything they had out there on either varsity, JV, or freshmen. I think ya'll will compete better but I still see Hallsville as a middle of the road/below average 4A team.

I know Longview is 5A. I just added them in there for the heck of it. BTW, track speed and football speed are two different things entirely. Not talking down on h-ville at all but I wasn't really impressed by anything they had out there on either varsity, JV, or freshmen. I think ya'll will compete better but I still see Hallsville as a middle of the road/below average 4A team.

Let's see...topic...Top Players in 4A. I mentioned that Hallsville will have key juniors playing extensively this year and that they bring some speed to the game. Referenced that their track team was successful this year with underclassmen. It is true that running in a straight line down a track is different than football speed. However, I do believe that a good track program benefits the football program.

Let's see...topic...Top Players in 4A. I mentioned that Hallsville will have key juniors playing extensively this year and that they bring some speed to the game. Referenced that their track team was successful this year with underclassmen. It is true that running in a straight line down a track is different than football speed. However, I do believe that a good track program benefits the football program.

True a good track program does help out the football program but it is NOT always a good measurement of how fast a football team will be though. Case and point Euless Trinity. I looked up their relay times in this year's district meet and was a little shocked by what I found. Trinity, the 5A super power mind you, ran a 42.8(very pedestrian by 5A standards), a 1:32 in the 4x200(again VERY below average by 5A standards), and an absolutely SORRY TIME of 3:40 in4x400. Anyone who knows track that those are very average and below average times for a 5A powerhouse school like Trinity(this school is loaded to the teeth with talen and athletes). Just a simple observation.

True a good track program does help out the football program but it is NOT always a good measurement of how fast a football team will be though. Case and point Euless Trinity. I looked up their relay times in this year's district meet and was a little shocked by what I found. Trinity, the 5A super power mind you, ran a 42.8(very pedestrian by 5A standards), a 1:32 in the 4x200(again VERY below average by 5A standards), and an absolutely SORRY TIME of 3:40 in4x400. Anyone who knows track that those are very average and below average times for a 5A powerhouse school like Trinity(this school is loaded to the teeth with talen and athletes). Just a simple observation.

wow thats bad

For Whitehouse -- look for juniors Daimeyen Sanders and Dylan Cantrell to make huge contributions on offense. Cantrell will be one of the best wide receivers in the district. Sanders will either play slot receiver or runningback. Either way, he will cause huge problems for defenses.

This junior class is really good. Two years from now they will be bringing back probably 14 or 15 starters, including several players that will play on Saturdays.

For Whitehouse -- look for juniors Daimeyen Sanders and Dylan Cantrell to make huge contributions on offense. Cantrell will be one of the best wide receivers in the district. Sanders will either play slot receiver or runningback. Either way, he will cause huge problems for defenses.

This junior class is really good. Two years from now they will be bringing back probably 14 or 15 starters, including several players that will play on Saturdays.

I really do think footballcrazy has kidnapped franks. Either that or he has completely consumed the WH kool-aid.