Tatum @ Harmony

Tatum_DirtyBird

Wow,,,, lot's of rejoicing out in Rhonesboro, Rosewood, and Harmony this morning. Lots of sighs,, coulda's, woulda's, and shoulda's from Tatum. I'm very happy for our Western Upshur County folks this morning. I'm sure it's a tuff loss in Tatum,,, but give Harmony their due. Overstreet or not,,, they did what they had to do obviously to win this game. And knowing the kids out there, they did so with class. Probably as big a win in Harmony football history. Let 'em celebrate, and enjoy the victory, without all the "minus-Overstreet" talk. You Tadumbites have had your share of big wins to celebrate. Move on to next week.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow,,,, lot's of rejoicing out in Rhonesboro, Rosewood, and Harmony this morning. Lots of sighs,, coulda's, woulda's, and shoulda's from Tatum. I'm very happy for our Western Upshur County folks this morning. I'm sure it's a tuff loss in Tatum,,, but give Harmony their due. Overstreet or not,,, they did what they had to do obviously to win this game. And knowing the kids out there, they did so with class. Probably as big a win in Harmony football history. Let 'em celebrate, and enjoy the victory, without all the "minus-Overstreet" talk. You Tadumbites have had your share of big wins to celebrate. Move on to next week.

How bout reading the whole thread before shooting your mouth off. First thing we did is give huge props to Harmony and even said we should have got er did without Overstreet and Harmony just played better than us. Then we discussed the fact of having Overstreet out hurt us. We didn't take anything away from Harmony. They played a great game.

Oh Fiddlesticks, Tatum lost. Lol! I am sure like last week you were never nervous about losing huh? The bright side is you can still make the playoffs. On another note, Chapel Hill is impressive. If they bring their A game every week nobody else in 3A can beat them.

How bout reading the whole thread before shooting your mouth off. First thing we did is give huge props to Harmony and even said we should have got er did without Overstreet and Harmony just played better than us. Then we discussed the fact of having Overstreet out hurt us. We didn't take anything away from Harmony. They played a great game.

I didn't read the entire thread, so why was Overstreet out? Did grades get him because I know this was the first game kids couldn't play that failed. When I saw the score and heard some guy besides Overstreet threw the TD, that's the first thought that came to mind.

In the district picture, this won't affect Tatum's playoff future. They're still the biggest school and will go Division I no matter where they finish.

In the district picture, this won't affect Tatum's playoff future. They're still the biggest school and will go Division I no matter where they finish.

Your statement is true, but it also shows you don't know the alignment for 2A..

now all of yall on here know that was a fluke win by harmony plain and simple,as we know teams have off days this just happened to be tatums.teams like this put their entire effort into 1 game then loose the rest,what was gained here.

It was a real plus for the Harmony program. They were able to take advanage of Tatum's mistakes. Stayed with their game plan and played clean. If you had watched the game you would have known Tatum should have won the game with out the 2A Ford Tuff player from the week before.

Healthy QB and still lost to Henderson last year. We can trade blows. I wasn't using our QB situation as an excuse and if you can read, you will see that I have said we still should have won. If Tatum and Harmony both make it far enough, you will see a totally different game.

Our QB actually had a pretty severe injury to his throwing hand last year...not his nonthrowing hand, it just wasn't advertised. We lost to Henderson as a team, just like we have beat every one we have played this year as a team. You may have said Tatum shouldve still won, but there have been several people who think the game difference was not having your QB...which is very true, it just shows the team depends to much on one person.

First off, I didn't shoot my mouth off.. I made an observation, and gave a suggestion,, and I didn't mention any names. You were not who I was speaking to. I thought you Eagle fans could talk a little smack without getting your feelings hurt. You don't mind dishing it out when you win. Get a little testy after a loss huh? LOL

now all of yall on here know that was a fluke win by harmony plain and simple,as we know teams have off days this just happened to be tatums.teams like this put their entire effort into 1 game then loose the rest,what was gained here.

Really?..... They are 5-1 they beat a top team in the state. I dont think they will lose the rest. After that win, they have a great chance to win 2 more an get in the playoffs if not competing for the district championship......

Also do teams not put "their entire effort" into every game? your saying teams try some games and not others? or only go half effort some friday nights? you lost me with this post. were you at the game? how do you know it was a fluke?

Really?..... They are 5-1 they beat a top team in the state. I dont think they will lose the rest. After that win, they have a great chance to win 2 more an get in the playoffs if not competing for the district championship......

Also do teams not put "their entire effort" into every game? your saying teams try some games and not others? or only go half effort some friday nights? you lost me with this post. were you at the game? how do you know it was a fluke?

What he said,,,,,,,,, +1

You'll have to excuse old maxjean QDogs, he has a reputation as being kinda sour. He's really enjoying kicking Tatum when they're down.

What he said,,,..... +5

I'm going to say this, because it does not take away from the outcome of the game: The refs were very horrible on both sides of calling last night. Many, many times refs were in no position to make the calls that they did because they were never even near the area of play. They couldn't even tell an obvious trap on the Tatum offense from a dadgum catch. They also couldn't figure out the spots of the ball for either team. One time, Tatum supposedly did not convert on a 4th down. So, when the chains moved due to Harmony gaining possesion, the refs moved the ball a yard and a half for the 1st down spot, which given if that was the spot, then Tatum would have actually had a first down.

Also, the time keeper for the Harmony press box obviously does not know the rules of football as that person ran the clock in times that it shouldn't have run, and they stopped it during times it should be running. The playclock must have been 'haunted' due to Halloween coming up in a few weeks because it was either late most of the time or non existent.

Now, the chain crew, they were slow as molasses setting up for the Harmony side, giving a team that takes forever to set up their play a good 30-40 seconds before the forgetful playclock would run. But, when Tatum had the ball they sure ran all the way down to the new 1st down spot.

I'm just saying that a professional manner and steps need to be taken when you're an official, time keeper, or chain gang member. Don't give others the oppurtunity to talk about how bad you are. And I'm not being biased in stating these facts of what happened last night, because like I said, it happened to both teams on most of these points. I even stated to my buddy that the timekeeper owed Harmony another 20 seconds on the clock during their last possesion because during an official's time out the clock was still running for another 30 seconds and only 10 seconds were added back to the clock.

Either pay attention, or go home.

Just an observation: most of the trash talking on this forum happens to be Buckeye fans. I get ya'll didn't play last night, so ya'll came to Harmony to either get a good laugh at Harmony's expense or to keep up your trash talking about Tatum. And to jackpots, if you're a Buckeye, Harmony might be Hillbillies, but we at least Harmony fans aren't on here bragging about themselves. Get over yourself. You do your school no good by getting on here and thinking everybody worships Gilmer. So hillbillies maybe, but at least not jerks.

Mama says you get a + 25

Just an observation: most of the trash talking on this forum happens to be Buckeye fans. I get ya'll didn't play last night, so ya'll came to Harmony to either get a good laugh at Harmony's expense or to keep up your trash talking about Tatum. And to jackpots, if you're a Buckeye, Harmony might be Hillbillies, but we at least Harmony fans aren't on here bragging about themselves. Get over yourself. You do your school no good by getting on here and thinking everybody worships Gilmer. So hillbillies maybe, but at least not jerks.

lol, I love this post. I like Harmony folks. Win or lose, I know it'll be a great response out you Harmonites. Gilmer folk, don't get me started on those folks. The enemy of my enemy is my friend? lol

Our QB actually had a pretty severe injury to his throwing hand last year...not his nonthrowing hand, it just wasn't advertised. We lost to Henderson as a team, just like we have beat every one we have played this year as a team. You may have said Tatum shouldve still won, but there have been several people who think the game difference was not having your QB...which is very true, it just shows the team depends to much on one person.

Avery didn't have a hurt hand in that game. He just ran around for about 20 seconds till he threw the ball away. Alot.....

First off, I didn't shoot my mouth off.. I made an observation, and gave a suggestion,, and I didn't mention any names. You were not who I was speaking to. I thought you Eagle fans could talk a little smack without getting your feelings hurt. You don't mind dishing it out when you win. Get a little testy after a loss huh? LOL

Maybe your post just hit me wrong. I don't recall anyone saying "coulda", "woulda", or "shoulda".... I believe most said that Harmony played a great game. After giving props, some discussed that having Overstreet out did in fact hurt. I'm not testy. I think I was first on to give congrats to Harmony on a great game. Just don't care for folks to say we are making excuses when we are discussing a player that didn't get to play hurt us. I think Gilmer did the same last year when Tatum beat y'all. The Miller boys I believe were out for y'all last year and we definitely heard about it. Regardless, Tatum should have won the game in my opinion. Harmony was more fired up and Tatum had no emotion, especially coming out of half-time, or at least it appeared that way to me. I even said something to a friend about their emotion. Honestly, it looked like Tatum thought that they had the game in the bag. That's the biggest factor to the loss in my opinion, not the absence of Overstreet.

Regardless of how good someone is, you can't rely on just him. But, if he is the strong point of the offense, you tend to build around him and when he's not there, the rhythm is thrown off. I don't think we lost because we relied on one person as much as I think we lost because we thought we had the game in the bag. I just said this in another post. We looked to have absolutely no emotion. Bullard was just ready to play, period.

Avery didn't have a hurt hand in that game. He just ran around for about 20 seconds till he threw the ball away. Alot.....

WRONG!!! That Monday at practice he jammed his thumb and it was swollen up all that week leading into state. No excuses for him because he still had a food game BUT lost as a team. Also it was his throwing hand also. Like ETX said it's one of those injuries you don't advertise on Smoaky before the state title on the line.

Oh Fiddlesticks, Tatum lost. Lol! I am sure like last week you were never nervous about losing huh? The bright side is you can still make the playoffs. On another note, Chapel Hill is impressive. If they bring their A game every week nobody else in 3A can beat them.

It's ok..

Harmony was the better team last night..