'13-'14 15-2A basketball thread

flukeshot

73 I must say having served on the other side (referee) for the past 5 years, I can't begin to explain how difficult it has become to call games. Between coaches and fans riding us its becoming hard just to keep young officials in most chapters. Its one thing to say bad call ref but when you stand and scream at officials for an entire game that's going over board. Think it is embarrassing to act like that. Mistakes happen. Get over it...

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

73 I must say having served on the other side (referee) for the past 5 years, I can't begin to explain how difficult it has become to call games. Between coaches and fans riding us its becoming hard just to keep young officials in most chapters. Its one thing to say bad call ref but when you stand and scream at officials for an entire game that's going over board. Think it is embarrassing to act like that. Mistakes happen. Get over it...

I didn't mean to start a discussion on officials. My original response had to do with DK committing hard fouls when down 40. Anyone who constantly "rides" officials, coach or fan, should be removed from the game. If I weren't so fat, I would love to be a head linesman in football. I would peg me a coach with my flag when they got out to the numbers!!

Clarksville 9-0

Chapel Hill 8-1

Rivercrest 6-3

Cooper 5-4

Chisum 4-5

Prairiland 3-6

De Kalb 1-8

Mt. Vernon 0-9

1/28

--------

Prairiland @ Clarksville

Chapel Hill @ Cooper

Chisum @ Mt. Vernon

Rivercrest @ De Kalb

1/31

--------

Clarksville @ Chapel Hill

De Kalb @ Chisum

Cooper @ Prairiland

Mt. Vernon @ Rivercrest

In the interest of completeness that Cooper - Chisum score was 57-35.

Anyone taking Cooper to upset Chapel Hill on Tuesday?

Best i can do is ( just i hope so). Lol

Close to home so I have been folloowing the NB Lions. Got to support the grand kids. Not the same as I grew up with. Yes, even then the Tigers could play ball LOL

The finish to that game is what I have been looking for all year; and, in the end you could say the Tigers put up a 25 pt win on a fairly good team.

That 3rd quarter worries me as well. If they could have just played it even.... RC actually had a 1 pt lead with about a minute left in the 3rd.