MISD approves new turf for Maverick Stadium this summer

Mavchamp

The turf that was installed in 2003 will be replaced this summer after graduation. It will be completed in time for summer practices to start.

Guess that means the 7 on 7 league we've been in the last few years with Carthage, Evangel, et al will all be road games this May/June.

Should the bond pass on May 10th..... that will mean another $5.5 million in improvements to the stadium after the turf is done. That's good news.

Lots of good news for MISD lately. Been a long time in coming!

Here is the newspaper article:

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/misd-awards-maverick-stadium-turf-contract/article_a5221b7e-bc5f-59f5-ada0-09d128b350f8.html

I don't. I just hope they don't do the red endzones again. It looked GREAT for the first 6 or 7 years.....but faded in the last few.

I hope they will do the endzones like Lobo Stadium and just keep the grass color and insert the lettering.

Of course the Mav Logo will likely be at midfield.

I'll post something if I find it.

I don't. I just hope they don't do the red endzones again. It looked GREAT for the first 6 or 7 years.....but faded in the last few.

I hope they will do the endzones like Lobo Stadium and just keep the grass color and insert the lettering.

Of course the Mav Logo will likely be at midfield.

I'll post something if I find it.

i am not a big fan of how they redid the field at Rose Stadium.

I'm not crazy about the turf at Rose Stadium either.

The most NATURAL looking turf I've seen is Pine Tree's. It actually looks like grass to me. It doesn't have that "shimmer" I've noticed at some places like Hallsville and Lobo.

I just like how Longview kept the endzones grass colored with LOBOS in white.

I didn't think the red endzone with MAVS in white looked very good. At at the moment.... it looks like burnt red instead of red after 11 seasons of use.

I'm not crazy about the turf at Rose Stadium either.

The most NATURAL looking turf I've seen is Pine Tree's. It actually looks like grass to me. It doesn't have that "shimmer" I've noticed at some places like Hallsville and Lobo.

I just like how Longview kept the endzones grass colored with LOBOS in white.

I didn't think the red endzone with MAVS in white looked very good. At at the moment.... it looks like burnt red instead of red after 11 seasons of use.

maybe cause there wasn't much tackling going on at the "new" pirate...

Tatum's artificial rug looks like a cheap tire with about 105,000 miles on it ..... it's an older generation turf and is worn slick. If anyone needs to replace their turf it's them .... just sayin'

I'm not sure what year they installed it, but I don't think it starts with a 2.

Tatum's artificial rug looks like a cheap tire with about 105,000 miles on it ..... it's an older generation turf and is worn slick. If anyone needs to replace their turf it's them .... just sayin'

I'm not sure what year they installed it, but I don't think it starts with a 2.

Kirt, I think they just replaced it last year. It was converted from grass to turf in '05 if I remember correctly. I think we played one of the first playoff games on it.

^ If they replaced it good for them, it needed it bad. With all their money, I'm surprised they waited so long. I thought they were one of the first schools in ET to install artificial turf.

Definitely one of the first of the smaller schools. I'm sure DirtyBird or Eagleborn will set me straight, but I think I remember the turf going down in '05.

Definitely one of the first of the smaller schools. I'm sure DirtyBird or Eagleborn will set me straight, but I think I remember the turf going down in '05.

I think you are correct after I found an article on it .... it was the short slick version though instead of the longer turf that looks like real grass ....