LoboFan07

Longview Lobos vs Lufkin Panthers  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

It's always an excuse. Always.. Like your the only football team on earth with an injury. Get over it. always something with yall. Always. Always. Always.

Where was I using an excuse? I said I thought we lose in August. And we did. We weren't a good football team and we played a good one and lost.

That game has about as little of a outcome on next Friday's game as the Lufkin loss to Nacogdoches.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was I using an excuse? I said I thought we lose in August. And we did. We weren't a good football team and we played a good one and lost.

That game has about as little of a outcome on next Friday's game as the Lufkin loss to Nacogdoches.

You weren't a good football team? That's not how I remember it. Yall were gods gift of talent. Well, I guess it did change a little when hasty went down. But it's just funny how things change over running thru that district. Yall had doubts and counted yourselves out. Even after that struggle of a win in Shreveport. I'd be willin to bet even if Lufkin won those games and was 9-0, some of the same things would be said. Like I said always the same with yall, only yalls injuries and lack of this or that are legitimate excuses for a loss.

You weren't a good football team? That's not how I remember it. Yall were gods gift of talent. Well, I guess it did change a little when hasty went down. But it's just funny how things change over running thru that district. Yall had doubts and counted yourselves out. Even after that struggle of a win in Shreveport.

We weren't a good football team, no. It had nothing to do with Hasty...that only enhanced it. We were a solid squad in the spring, and fell apart over the course of the summer and it was quite obvious to those that went out and watched the team what we were going to get the first three weeks of the season. And Longview fans stated that but y'all and everyone else just went on and on and on about us sandbagging.

Neville is an extremely solid squad, and was a big turning point for our team. Has the level of competition gone down since we played Neville? Yes. Considerably so. Doesn't change the fact that we've done exactly the only thing we can do...and that's improve/dominate every single team we've played.

And what does it matter if we had doubts? We had every right to have doubts about our team after seeing what was happening in early September. You and everyone else on the Lufkin board was freaking out after y'all nearly lost to Whitehouse. You dropped a class, and played lesser competition outside of Ennis and John Tyler in your district than you're use to, and still had to struggle to get into the post season.

We're not the same team we were in August that y'all are trying to compare us to, and that's with or without Hasty coming back. Y'all can be confident all you want, just because you lost a couple of close games to supposedly better teams (I don't think they were, and you shouldn't either). But what's wrong with Longview fans being confident of our team after seeing how much they've grown over the last 8 weeks since the sophomore riddled game against John Tyler?

We weren't a good football team, no. It had nothing to do with Hasty...that only enhanced it. We were a solid squad in the spring, and fell apart over the course of the summer and it was quite obvious to those that went out and watched the team what we were going to get the first three weeks of the season. And Longview fans stated that but y'all and everyone else just went on and on and on about us sandbagging.

Neville is an extremely solid squad, and was a big turning point for our team. Has the level of competition gone down since we played Neville? Yes. Considerably so. Doesn't change the fact that we've done exactly the only thing we can do...and that's improve/dominate every single team we've played.

And what does it matter if we had doubts? We had every right to have doubts about our team after seeing what was happening in early September. You and everyone else on the Lufkin board was freaking out after y'all nearly lost to Whitehouse. You dropped a class, and played lesser competition outside of Ennis and John Tyler in your district than you're use to, and still had to struggle to get into the post season.

We're not the same team we were in August that y'all are trying to compare us to, and that's with or without Hasty coming back. Y'all can be confident all you want, just because you lost a couple of close games to supposedly better teams (I don't think they were, and you shouldn't either). But what's wrong with Longview fans being confident of our team after seeing how much they've grown over the last 8 weeks since the sophomore riddled game against John Tyler?

You think you're better than ennis and tyler? Lmao.. Longview is not. I believe they'd both beat yall by a couple scores today. Well tyler already did, but even now they would imo. But typical for you to have an excuse in losing to us and tyler early.. Young and injured lol.. Do you listen to what you post? GTFO bro. Your ridiculous.

You think you're better than ennis and tyler? Lmao.. Longview is not. I believe they'd both beat yall by a couple scores today. Well tyler already did, but even now they would imo. But typical for you to have an excuse in losing to us and tyler early.. Young and injured lol.. Do you listen to what you post? GTFO bro. Your ridiculous.

He said Longview was better than JT or Ennis?

In an attempt to redirect this thread let's talk about the game and those in it.

I'll bring up one single player on the defense for Longview that will be a difference maker in this matchup.

Omar French

If he continues playing the way he has since returning then he'll make himself known in this one. French makes the defensive line that much more formidable and Lufkin missed him the first time around.

Watch for # 26 to play well.

R.J.

We try but when u start giving actual reasons for which team will win, like stats about defense, all they know to do is make personal attacks

He said Longview was better than JT or Ennis?

He said we lost a couple of close games to what we say were better teams, meaning JT and Ennis.. Which he said he didn't think we're better teams.. Well if he don't think JT and Ennis are better teams than us, he certainly Believes Longview would beat them.. Not those exact words, but implying it yes

In an attempt to redirect this thread let's talk about the game and those in it.

I'll bring up one single player on the defense for Longview that will be a difference maker in this matchup.

Omar French

If he continues playing the way he has since returning then he'll make himself known in this one. French makes the defensive line that much more formidable and Lufkin missed him the first time around.

Watch for # 26 to play well.

R.J.

Oh God no not Omar French. He is good but JT DT is better. JT was the only team Lufkin could not run on this year. French will not make much of a difference. Lufkin will light up Longview but We wont stop them either. So you can take that one name and burry it deep down and dont even bring it up.

Oh God no not Omar French. He is good but JT DT is better. JT was the only team Lufkin could not run on this year. French will not make much of a difference. Lufkin will light up Longview but We wont stop them either. So you can take that one name and burry it deep down and dont even bring it up.

Just a biased post from him anyways. Not even one mention of a Lufkin player..

Just a biased post from him anyways. Not even one mention of a Lufkin player..

Same guy that predicted a Lobo win in wk.1

Im not worried about the Lobo defense. They will give it up to our offense. Our defense going to give it up too though. Im expecting a 1 score game eitherway.

You need to read before you comment. I said YOUR TEAM is better. But of course, y'all had to go and turn it into me saying that Longview was better when I never came close to saying that.

It was a compliment of Lufkin, even though y'all continue to falter time and time again to teams you should be beating.

Lnj just reported that hasty has been cleared to play by doctors.....

But like pa said....o well

I doubt he will play though. I think he may dress but with it being this late and working back from a serious injury im not sure how effective he woukd be.

You need to read before you comment. I said YOUR TEAM is better. But of course, y'all had to go and turn it into me saying that Longview was better when I never came close to saying that.

It was a compliment of Lufkin, even though y'all continue to falter time and time again to teams you should be beating.

You've thrashed us and used us losing those games against us.. Just because YOU believe we should have won those games, doesn't mean we should have. And doesn't mean we were better than them because obviously we weren't. either way, they were better teams than yall. I firmly believe that

Lnj just reported that hasty has been cleared to play by doctors.....

But like pa said....o well

What's your point? Now we're screwed is that what you're saying?

I doubt he will play though. I think he may dress but with it being this late and working back from a serious injury im not sure how effective he woukd be.

Of course u hope he doesn't....he will be way better than any back lufkin has seen

How do u know how serious

The injury was? Nothing has been said publicly about it. I bet he has been been doing conditioning drills for a while we will see

You've thrashed us and used us losing those games against us.. Just because YOU believe we should have won those games, doesn't mean we should have. And doesn't mean we were better than them because obviously we weren't. either way, they were better teams than yall. I firmly believe that

What's your point? Now we're screwed is that what you're saying?

Lol.....our back up hung 176 on yall....scary what hasty could do. Several shoelace tackles stopped miller from goin all the way....hasty would have been gone.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves still don't know how soon or much he plays

Of course u hope he doesn't....he will be way better than any back lufkin has seen

How do u know how serious

The injury was? Nothing has been said publicly about it. I bet he has been been doing conditioning drills for a while we will see

I could actually care less if he plays. He is going to be rusty and the injury has to be pretty freaking serious if he has been out this whole time. I was hearing its his back which is why I believe he will not risk it. Smart money says he has been advised not to risk anything. Could be wrong but I dont see him chancing it.

I could actually care less if he plays. He is going to be rusty and the injury has to be pretty freaking serious if he has been out this whole time. I was hearing its his back which is why I believe he will not risk it. Smart money says he has been advised not to risk anything. Could be wrong but I dont see him chancing it.

How do u know? Ur basing ur opinion on absolutely nothing except what u think not even knowing any facts lol

As I have said before he is a tremendous athlete and saw him a few weeks ago and he looks to be in great shape.

We shall see

Lol.....our back up hung 176 on yall....scary what hasty could do. Several shoelace tackles stopped miller from goin all the way....hasty would have been gone.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves still don't know how soon or much he plays

Miller is not a bad back and Iike you eluded to not sure how much if at all he will play. His game conditioning will not be good and im sure his contact would be very limited in practice. I just dont think he can risk it right now. I think he will dress but if he plays it will be very limited IMO. Im rooting for the kid a real talent. Just dont think its smart to play him at this point.