Eagleborn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mexia 77 center 73 final

I'm disappointed in the loss, but even more disappointed that both teams had to endure these refs tonight. I won't talk about the call with 2.2 seconds left in the first OT with center up by one with mexia shooting the 2ND of 2 ft's.....pathetic

Couldn't agree with you more, pathetic!

I hope the UIL brings the shot clock to the high school BB. Mexia killed us on playing keep away in that 2nd OT.

Couldn't agree with you more, pathetic!

I hope the UIL brings the shot clock to the high school BB. Mexia killed us on playing keep away in that 2nd OT.

You will have one main opponent. Not2O. Just think how a team could run up the score if they had to take their shots.

Frankston has a real nice gym. All chairback seats. and plenty of seats.

Great scoreboard keeps up with the 10 players on the floor ---points and fouls.

and the best part is they have someone smart enough to operate it.

I would venture to say that it is close to being the best 3A Division 2 gym; not many 4A & 5 A gyms are that good or seat that many.

Wildcat gym was completed in the summer of 2012. Wildcat gym has a capacity of 1800 guests. The home side accommodates 1000 including over 200 “chair backed” stadium seats. The visitors’ side will seat 800

With new construction completed in 2012, the gym is equipped with state-of-the-art technology including a four sided scoreboard suspended over center court. The gym also has video technology installed allowing games to be broadcast in the concession area so fans don’t miss the action on the court while enjoying refreshments

school07.jpg

You will have one main opponent. Not2O. Just think how a team could run up the score if they had to take their shots.

Seriously?! I guess you don't see the whole picture because you weren't there. Mexia held the ball for at least 2 1/2 to 3 mins without attempting a single basket. in the 2 OT. Don't you think Center would have scored if they had the ball? Well yeah! Center touch the ball in the 2nd OT maybe, maybe two times. Any time they tried to intercept the ball they were called on a foul, which was seriously tick tack calls! So if there would of been a shot clock with out a doubt things would of turned out different.

Crawford, Could be it's you who doesn't see the whole picture.

You solve one problem but open other another one.

Say there is a team who can steel the ball before the other team crosses mid court. and everytime they put it up it goes in the basket.

With a shot clock they would have to shoot with in the required time.

Now they could play bouncy ball as N2O wants and not hurt the feelings of some coach who they could other wise run the score up on.

It'll never happen. Im pretty sure I understand what you're saying though, crawford. It makes it virtually impossible for a team to have a chance when they are down and know that just about any attempt at a steal will result in a foul. If I'm correct, mexia shot like 43 ft's in the game, making 27. the 4 pts mexia scored in double OT were from the ft line after center was called for fouls when making atempts at steals. The whole game was hard to watch from a fans perspective. I even think mexia fans would agree with that, although I don't think they would like to argue about a certain costly no call on their behalf during a ft attempt

don't have to post results. Check out State Championships and State Records, UIL keeps up with them.

a well rounded program not just achieving in one area, for one or two years.

Snowbirds ought to be in Az now anyway.

We are there year in and year out. Go check it out. We do it in multiple sports. Even in sports you don't have. Nice try!

The scorebook says Center free throws : 14 for 29 = 48%

Mexia went 27 for 44 = 61%

73 total shot between both teams.

Don't you just hate it when when one team reaches double bonus and the other team has 3 or less.

Then all of a suden the team with 3 fouls begins to catch up, so the final talley want look so bad.

They didn't just start fouling after the other team reached BB.

Mexia 77 center 73 final

I'm disappointed in the loss, but even more disappointed that both teams had to endure these refs tonight. I won't talk about the call with 2.2 seconds left in the first OT with center up by one with mexia shooting the 2ND of 2 ft's.....pathetic

I feel your pain. We gave up almost 50 free-throws to Clarkesville about three years ago in the regional finals. That game took forever to finish.