Hughes Springs @ Hooks

Horns85

Hughes Springs @ Hooks   

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Hughes Springs
    • Hooks

Just attended th HS/ Hooks jr games. HS won the 7th 14 to 2 and the 8th 14 to 6. HOoks ran about 4 differend plays the whole game and though Hooks moves the ball fairly well HS simply loaded the box and finally shut the O down. The bright spot for HS is a misdirection play that completely caught the Hornets flat footed that proved to be the winning score. Not to many penalties a d a couple turnovers ea. Over a pretty evenly matched game

Then there is the HS game tomorrow

Did you stay for JV game?

Opinions vary. To add to that disparaging remark, Alex Bruce plays for a TEAM, so he doesn't have to compare to Johnson, Estell or any other high school football player for that matter. He plays for his teammates not for the opinions of others. I hope you never have a kid play a sport and have someone make comments like the one you just made, and have that kid read your words. You my friend have less class than ANY person I have encountered on any thread. Talking trash like we do, is one thing, but to comment directly about a player, shows your character, to lac thereof. Don't let the big words confuse you.

+100,000

Hughes Springs drives me crazy, but I am usually impressed when I go through the community, school, & definitely by their teams. Their work ethic is always impressive, and easy to see.

I've seen several of the Hooks juniors and seniors start to resemble that type of extra work, but it all starts up front.....

Letting HS know that Alex Bruce doesnt compare to Johnson or Estell

If that were 100% true, with out a doubt, you wouldn't have posted it. You see, we know what Alex means to this team. And what this team means to Alex. And that my friend is the intangible comparison that cannot be accurately determined by you are anyone else. Alex is learning to lead. On a fast track schedule at that. And he is learning well. We see that every week. From game one to game three, he has grown in that role by leaps and bounds. I won't down your players or compare. I'm sure they are great kids. But I will tell you that I would take Alex and his team mates into ANY battle. He is a leader and great athlete to boot. But most importantly, he makes everyone around him better. THATS the most important comparison.
  • Like 1

If that were 100% true, with out a doubt, you wouldn't have posted it. You see, we know what Alex means to this team. And what this team means to Alex. And that my friend is the intangible comparison that cannot be accurately determined by you are anyone else. Alex is learning to lead. On a fast track schedule at that. And he us learning well. We see that every week. From game one to game three, he has grown in that role by leaps and bounds. I won't down your players or compare. I'm sure they are great kids. But I will tell you the I would take Alex and his team mates into ANY battle. He is a leader and great athlete to boot. But most importantly, he makes everyone around him better. THATS the most important comparison.

+ 100,000

If that were 100% true, with out a doubt, you wouldn't have posted it. You see, we know what Alex means to this team. And what this team means to Alex. And that my friend is the intangible comparison that cannot be accurately determined by you are anyone else. Alex is learning to lead. On a fast track schedule at that. And he is learning well. We see that every week. From game one to game three, he has grown in that role by leaps and bounds. I won't down your players or compare. I'm sure they are great kids. But I will tell you that I would take Alex and his team mates into ANY battle. He is a leader and great athlete to boot. But most importantly, he makes everyone around him better. THATS the most important comparison.

+1

Hornetswill gonna put it like this an Im gonna only say it ONCE you open ur flap up one more time with ALEX BRUCES name coming out of it having the balls to try an compare kids will be the least of ur problems!!!

Don't let him bait u into man. He's really their village idiot. Your son is a baller and a leader.

OK, gonna give my unbias opinion on this game. Not a pic wearing blinders of a homer, but honest gut pick. HS wins by 10. HS is more of a team currently than HK, but HK has the ability of the big huge play. The only chance HK has of winning this game is for the Dfense to step up and hold HS to 18-21 points and then leave the rest of the game to the offense. This may be a first in smoaky history but an unbias pick from a homer.

The homer in me says HK wins 24-21

• Like 1