Week 10 - Gilmer (3-0) @ Atlanta (1-2)

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer @ Atlanta  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the W?

Here's my opinion after seeing both teams play against GW this year:

A) Gilmer wins

B) ATL defense is good, maybe even great, but if Gilmer can give Poppy time to throw he will beat them

C) ATL offense was unimpressive to me other than a couple of little backs who can make you miss (danny woodhead style) AND gilmer's defense is better than people think BUT -->

D) I do expect ATL to have success running the ball a little bit because gilmer defense will be spread out but i dont expect them to score near enough to win the game

SCORE PREDICTION: Gilmer 35 ATL 20

Gonna get my spook on tonight in Atlanta. Gotta carry my two lucky buckeyes, and my shaker. I hope the Buckeye crowd is supportive tonight. We need to be loud and proud. I have seen the proud this year, but the loud? Not so much. We've been loud only when we score. I wanna see some noise, especially when our defense is on the field. I know this has been said before, but you just might not imagine how much it helps a team, when they get the loud verbal support from the fans. Imagine a guy surfing,,, he can lay on the board, and paddle hard, and stand up, and yeah, he may go a few feet, but then it slows, and basically becomes dead in the water. But get that nice big wave under you, and you can ride that thing all the way to the beach. Noise to a football team is like a big wave. Everybody,, get the word out,, loud mouth, loud noisemakers, loud foot stomping, what ever it takes,,, be the 12th man tonight. This one will be the district championship if I'm thinking correctly,,, there is no need in these kids having to do this all by themselves. Let them know we,,,, "the Army of Buckeyes",,, have their backs. Get some Bunnies tonight Buckeyes. Won't anything get these Gilmer kids wound up better than the volume of their support in a foreign stadium. Dear Army,,,,,,, BRING IT!!!!!!!!!

So using your logic Pitt should handle GW.. right???

No what does that game have to do with this one its about matchups and styles I'm saying atl defense isn't good against a balanced team but is pretty good against a one dementional team look at their opponents that can run and pass look how they did against them now look at the one dimensional teams and see

No what does that game have to do with this one its about matchups and styles I'm saying atl defense isn't good against a balanced team but is pretty good against a one dementional team look at their opponents that can run and pass look how they did against them now look at the one dimensional teams and see

Gilmore offense is pretty much one dimensional

Pitt is your only sample...and not a good one. Maybe you haven't been paying attention. Defense is not our problem, offense is. Even in the Pitt game the offensive put the defensive in the hold quite often. Defensively we will make the adjustments. GW we stacked the box and shot the gaps that's what we had to do to slow the run game. Against Gilmer it will be a matter of pressure and disguising coverage. I have no doubt we will make adjustments. But if we can't move the ball it won't make much difference. Im aware it's not gonna be three yards and a cloud of dust.

If the Buckeye offense is clicking, and not turning the ball over, it will be a long night for Atlanta. The Buckeyes just need to come out and play with fire on both sides of the ball. The undisputed district championship is on the line, and that should be enough. If the Buckeyes play their game, it won't matter what Atlanta does, in my opinion.

Pitt caught Atlanta off guard. They changed up their playing style and Atlanta wasn't prepared for it. Pitt's down field pass game wasn't near the factor that their screen game was, and I don't think Atlanta was ready for it. Pitt had also been using a 2 QB system before we played them as well, and that also changed.

Truth is, Atlanta knows how to play Gilmer. We proved that last year. We know what we have to do. Our offense will dictate the outcome of this game in my opinion, because I expect our defense to get enough stops to give us a chance. With the exception of 2 players, this is the same defense that played Gilmer last season, and some of them have even been starting since 2014. Atlanta has a lot more to gain from this game than Gilmer does, and I expect them to play like it tonight, in front of probably the largest crowd we've had since homecoming, if not larger.

Someone told me it was 2013 since Gilmer last district loss. Can someone tell me the last time the buckeyes played in Atlanta?

Yes, the last district loss for Gilmer was against Kilgore in 2013 in Kilgore. Kilgore went on to the state finals that year and got beat by Carthage. As a matter of fact, Gilmer has only lost 2 districts games in the last 15 + seasons. I do believe the last time we played in Atlanta was in 2011. Besides the game in 2012 in Gilmer (I think), Gilmer and Atlanta have always met at neutral sites.

Yes, the last district loss for Gilmer was against Kilgore in 2013 in Kilgore. Kilgore went on to the state finals that year and got beat by Carthage. As a matter of fact, Gilmer has only lost 2 districts games in the last 15 + seasons. I do believe the last time we played in Atlanta was in 2011. Besides the game in 2012 in Gilmer (I think), Gilmer and Atlanta have always met at neutral sites.

As a matter of fact, Tatum was one of the teams. That's all I got carry on.

H3llR4z0r we will be at the game. Hoping to see a good one tonight!

You and I both! Maybe with you guys there we can get some of that offensive fire back that we've been missing since.

Well it appears a few streaks are on the line tonight.. let's hope the game is as good as the hype

Me too. I hope this is a victory for the Rabbits that's 4,713 days in the making. Really don't want to see that number hit 5,000 lol.

Nope, the game Tatum won in 2010 was not a district game. Carthage was the only other team to beat us in district in that span.

Pitt caught Atlanta off guard. They changed up their playing style and Atlanta wasn't prepared for it. Pitt's down field pass game wasn't near the factor that their screen game was, and I don't think Atlanta was ready for it. Pitt had also been using a 2 QB system before we played them as well, and that also changed.

Truth is, Atlanta knows how to play Gilmer. We proved that last year. We know what we have to do. Our offense will dictate the outcome of this game in my opinion, because I expect our defense to get enough stops to give us a chance. With the exception of 2 players, this is the same defense that played Gilmer last season, and some of them have even been starting since 2014. Atlanta has a lot more to gain from this game than Gilmer does, and I expect them to play like it tonight, in front of probably the largest crowd we've had since homecoming, if not larger.

They stopped the two qb system against Tatum so that's not true and the only change they made was putting number 9 at linebacker other than that they ran the same offense