3A DI D9 Vs. D10 Playoffs

Yoe09

If anyone from Cameron thinks Teague wouldn't love another go around with the Yoe, y'all are crazier than I thought. Not looking ahead but the Lions aren't scared. Y'all have had our number last 2 years, I'll give y'all that. Losing to Malakoff in the fashion the Lions did a couple of weeks ago was the best thing to happen to this team. Not saying they can't be beat because everyone can be beat obviously, but I don't see us losing the way we have against Malakoff this season and Cameron past 2 years.

Anytime you get to an opportunity to play a team that has been playing the last week of the season is a good thing and wholeheartedly believe if we were to cross that hurdle the last two years we would have at least one championship. So always excited about facing cameron, but buna gets kids full attention this week

Everyone I talk to from Malakoff is hoping for the chance to face Cameron again. Thats no disrespect or over-confidence. They would just like the opportunity for a chance to get the bad taste from last years second half collapse out of their mouth.

An the Teague folks want to get the 4th Q collapse out of our mouths from last year also. We want cameron!

Rhoades only took it so far. Cameron has always been a winning program. The drop in classification helped. Randy Sapp would have led us to state titles had we been in a lower division when he was head coach. This year we came in with a new qb, virtually no running back, and many holes to fill. Not even Rhoades would have been able to use his magic to change those things

Rhoades only took it so far. Cameron has always been a winning program. The drop in classification helped. Randy Sapp would have led us to state titles had we been in a lower division when he was head coach. This year we came in with a new qb, virtually no running back, and many holes to fill. Not even Rhoades would have been able to use his magic to change those things[/quote

Come on man, I know y'all are a tradition rich, winning program but Rhoades only took it so far?? Really dude?? You won 3 straight titles and played in 4 straight, and 5 in the last 7 years. I know y'all had some straight ballers come out of there but to say Sapp would've won state titles in 2A is stretching it out considering a lot of those years I'm still not sure Cameron could beat the Celinas, Marts, the Refugio's and if Cameron was 2A the Marlin's, the Daingerfield's would've also had something to say about that. I know I watched Cameron in '98 up close against Teague in a 7-3 defensive battle , 2000 Cameron that beat Mexia in area and lost to Marlin in quarterfinals and in my opinion were one of the better teams I believe they had with Billy Pittman and I believe his name was Cedric Wells, but still got knocked out by Marlin who was a small 3A at the time also. 2004 and 2005 Cameron teams with Derek Evans were ballers also seen them against Fairfield and I believe those 2 teams and the 2000 had the most talent but in 2004 and 2005 Marlin and Mart were just as loaded if not more. And I know y'all had some awesome teams in the 70's, 80's and early and mid 90's and might've won some then had they been in 2A but I feel like a lot of programs could have the same argument .With all that said, I 100% disagree with your statement. Without Rick Rhoades, Cameron has 1 state title and not 3. Just my opinion.

Sapp would have won state in 96. TJ Mills himself said he didn't want to play us. Sapp would have also won at least two more with Pittman. Again. At the lower level. Rhoades came in and didn't make playoffs, then the next year we drop and are in the state game, and year after that, out after round 2. Rhoades was great but he had the benefit of classification drop. Period.

Sapp would have won state in 96. TJ Mills himself said he didn't want to play us. Sapp would have also won at least two more with Pittman. Again. At the lower level. Rhoades came in and didn't make playoffs, then the next year we drop and are in the state game, and year after that, out after round 2. Rhoades was great but he had the benefit of classification drop. Period.

Billy Pittman was a stud but no way any of those Cameron teams beat Marlin or Mart in '98, '99, '00, '01 or '02 or Celina for that matter. In '02 Eric Foreman of Corrigan Camden was a better HS QB than Pittman. Corrigan Camden would've rolled Cameron. Pittman and Cameron would've beat Mart in '02 I'll give them that but not sure about Marlin. Thad Freeman was just as good and he also had D-1 Richardson and Wrighter who both went to Arkansas and the other 15-20 plus kids Coach Jerry Malone help get scholarships over 5-6 year span. Pittman was the better College player I'll give him credit there but Texas tried playing Foreman at LB. He was a big kid but never was going to be a LB Texas wanted out there every Saturday. I'll give you '96, I got highlight film of Mexia and Cameron was salty that year because they rolled Mexia who was pretty ded gum loaded themselves in '96. I'll give you credit for 2 state titles in last 20 years with out Rhoades. I still think you discredit the product he put on the field with the hand he was dealt. The never quit mindset and the adjustments he made throughout a game were what I think put Cameron over the top and the target on their back for the last 5-6 years

Like I said y'all have had some ballers from way back to now, I'm not giving Rhoades all the credit, but when you talk state championships, talent only takes you so far and Randy Sapp had a great run at Cameron but there was just a few programs in 2A and 3A during that era that had just as much if not more talent and just as good coaches. I'm not discrediting his tenure at Cameron by any means either. Ready to see how these next few weeks play out for several schools.

back to the post, I look for district 9 to prove it's a better district than 10 when it's all said and done with Teague and Malakoff in the regional final. I believe their both more complete teams than Cameron and Rockdale. Like I said ready to see how these next few weeks play out

back to the post, I look for district 9 to prove it's a better district than 10 when it's all said and done with Teague and Malakoff in the regional final. I believe their both more complete teams than Cameron and Rockdale. Like I said ready to see how these next few weeks play out

yall keep on talking about this malakoff teague cameron rockdale final, I am telling you someone from Dist 11 is going to ruin yall party!

Sounds about right, I believe Yoe has new Coaching they may be alittle off this year.

Everyone give Coach Brashear a chance he may kick it into high gear now that he has beat West. He put up 35 on a sloppy night. If they every play four quarters look out.

It is always a game of match ups. Yoe passing attach can drive a D coordinator crazy.

Hey if Coach Brashear flops in the playoffs don't blame it all on him, give the board and the administration a little of that hate. They orchestrated the hiring process.