Dave Campbell's 3AD1 Pre-Season Rankings

H3llR4z0r

On 6/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

I mean, I was accused last year of being the "Self-Proclaimed Football King" on here. I don't recall ever claiming that, but sounds legit LOL.

Yes by Lion and we believe him less than you. 😁

On 6/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, lionpride08 said:

Yall went 7-4 and 5-6 the last two year and thats successful? Im sorry i just dont by the better teams drop...

I think a question you might need to ask is how would any of the 3A schools have done against the same schedule that Atlanta played? 

5 hours ago, sackem said:

One and Done 

You know, though that's true, we did run with them boys for a solid half. I'm not sure what happened the 2nd half, teams usually don't just get worn down all of a sudden, but it came crashing down in an instant. Once we stopped moving the ball, we stopped entirely. Still, a lot better showing than some against them. You could tell from the time we set foot on the field though that them boys were a lot bigger. We just couldn't stop them. 

Atlanta's 6 losses last year:

Henderson - Qtr Finalist

Liberty-Eylau - Qtr Finalist

Pittsburg - Bi-District Finalist

Pleasant Grove - State Champs

Gilmer - Qtr Finalist

Jasper - D7 Champs, Regional FInalist

Hendo was a disaster all the way around. Even Hendo fans didn't understand it. I haven't seen us play that bad under the current coaching staff, period.

L-E - We were in the entire game, but couldn't quite close the gap once we got down 2 possessions.

Pitt has our number. No other way for me to put it. Since Baca was hired, Pitt has outscored Atlanta 139-53. Each year we hang with, or beat teams that have beaten or hung right with Pitt, but Pitt knows how to beat us, and they're good at it. 

PG was PG. We played with them for a half, then they ran away with it.

Gilmer - Extra points. Changes the entire aspect of the game when you're playing with a lead, than when you're playing from behind. 

Jasper - I believe it was tied up at 28 at halftime. Whatever halftime adjustments Jasper made, it stopped Atlanta in their tracks. We never scored again. 

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Wondering if Franklin would have at least scored in those games.

It will be interesting. It will be a bit different from playing all the bigger schools. Every loss we had was from a bigger school, some by quite a margin. 

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

Wondering if Franklin would have at least scored in those games.

Lmao here comes the mighty hendo lion talkin about what he thinks he knows about... We would have scored... Not saying we would have won or anything but we would have scored... I know its hard for you to believe that there are athletic and talented kids outside of east texas... Franklin is also the only team to beat a healthy rockdale team who won state 3ad1 last year... You act like we are soft but yall will find out soon what we can do

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

Those teams would have beat down Franklin. Look at Gladewater they had a even harder schedule. The teams you play matter.

You dont even know anything about centex teams lmao we wouldnt have been beat down we have athletic kids also and play as a unit as one and prolly one of the most fundamentally sound teams you can find.... Not saying we would win but we would not have been beat down.... If yall would have played as bad as yall did against tatum agianst us we would have BEAT your mighty hendo lions

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta's 6 losses last year:

Henderson - Qtr Finalist

Liberty-Eylau - Qtr Finalist

Pittsburg - Bi-District Finalist

Pleasant Grove - State Champs

Gilmer - Qtr Finalist

Jasper - D7 Champs, Regional FInalist

Hendo was a disaster all the way around. Even Hendo fans didn't understand it. I haven't seen us play that bad under the current coaching staff, period.

L-E - We were in the entire game, but couldn't quite close the gap once we got down 2 possessions.

Pitt has our number. No other way for me to put it. Since Baca was hired, Pitt has outscored Atlanta 139-53. Each year we hang with, or beat teams that have beaten or hung right with Pitt, but Pitt knows how to beat us, and they're good at it. 

PG was PG. We played with them for a half, then they ran away with it.

Gilmer - Extra points. Changes the entire aspect of the game when you're playing with a lead, than when you're playing from behind. 

Jasper - I believe it was tied up at 28 at halftime. Whatever halftime adjustments Jasper made, it stopped Atlanta in their tracks. We never scored again. 

No one knows how good a team is goin to be when they agree to play them... In 2015 yall had a good year and in the summer yall got these teams to play yall for the next 2 years... Yall didn't know how good these teams were goin to be and yall just came off a good year... When we signed up to play these teams the last 2 years we didnt know how good they were goin to be hell navasota was a great football team when we signed up to play them we didnt know their coach was goin to leave and that they were goin to fall off that bad... Lorena had a great year in 15 then lost to Atlanta and they still went to the 3rd round in 16 so we tried to schedule schools that were tough in non district and our district was ranked the toughest in the state the last 2 years also so to say we didnt have a tough schedule or even try to get one (Hlion) is crazy talk

5 minutes ago, Hlion said:

So about Franklin not really concerned about lake Travis and Westlake or even Crawford 

Yeah of course they are 6a lol just sayin cen tex has good teams also... We can go to 4a if you would like la vega, china springs, gatesville, ect i know yall are in the district of doom thank god for carthage bring all them state titles to yalls district

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You know, though that's true, we did run with them boys for a solid half. I'm not sure what happened the 2nd half, teams usually don't just get worn down all of a sudden, but it came crashing down in an instant. Once we stopped moving the ball, we stopped entirely. Still, a lot better showing than some against them. You could tell from the time we set foot on the field though that them boys were a lot bigger. We just couldn't stop them. 

Curse of EB is what happen. I told y’all they was about to flex. 

4 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

No one knows how good a team is goin to be when they agree to play them... In 2015 yall had a good year and in the summer yall got these teams to play yall for the next 2 years... Yall didn't know how good these teams were goin to be and yall just came off a good year... When we signed up to play these teams the last 2 years we didnt know how good they were goin to be hell navasota was a great football team when we signed up to play them we didnt know their coach was goin to leave and that they were goin to fall off that bad... Lorena had a great year in 15 then lost to Atlanta and they still went to the 3rd round in 16 so we tried to schedule schools that were tough in non district and our district was ranked the toughest in the state the last 2 years also so to say we didnt have a tough schedule or even try to get one (Hlion) is crazy talk

Nah I understand. We've been in a similar situation. Our district was one of, if not the toughest in 4AD2, plus the teams we play tend to always go deep in the playoffs. Our team just worries me with expectations.

'14 was an exception. High expectations, and we did very well.

'15 - Low expectations, and we did arguably better than the previous year.

'16 - High expectations, tons of returning starters with a lot to look forward to, and just couldn't get it together. '16 was the best team I've seen Atlanta have, that had the worst results. 

'17 - Low expectations, knew we had a good RB coming up, and some athletes, but we were young. We did pretty well considering how we started the season, and clawed our way into the playoffs. Beating Spring Hill was probably a signature game for us, because despite their record, or the fact they didn't make the playoffs, they had the best offense I saw all last season. Just had zero defense. We were down 21 to them early in that game, and came back to win it and secure a playoff spot. 

29 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Curse of EB is what happen. I told y’all they was about to flex. 

Flex is hardly the word! Tale of 2 halves. You were right about their size, however. That better not be a curse, it had better be coincidence.