Jax vs Pine Tree

Jets

18 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Maybe I’m crazy.... but I think PT coasts in this one. 

Prove me wrong Jville!

I dont think their defense is at a point where they can coast against anyone, you could say they did against Hallsville but I think Hallsville stepped on their own feet too many times before PT was up by 21. 

I think Jville will start out on fire because they NEED this win...if they let the Pirates hang around for too long though that offense can score to get back in the game and they do it pretty quick. 

I say PT by 10

5 hours ago, Jets said:

Good point

I really don't know..

I haven't kept up with High school football in East Texas since I graduated. I do know these kids at PT because I coached some, mainly the sophomore class when they were younger, and I know what they can do on Offense and Defense.

Mt. Pleasant had 2 TD catches that if the ball isn't tipped straight up they don't happen..both i think were on 3rd and long. PT Defense has to do a better job at winning big plays. I know Mt. Pleasant's  WR,QB,RB kept them in the game.

Just curious if Jville has similar weapons. 

9 hours ago, TrenchWarrior09 said:

Honest Question...

Do you think Mt. Pleasant has more firepower than Jax?

Statistically Mt. Pelasant IS offensively better than Jax.  But I think Jax has played a more difficult schedule than MP thus far..... so those numbers are inflated in MP's favor IMHO.

I think Jax has a better defense than MP.

Will be interesting to see how MP/Jax game turns out.

21 minutes ago, TrenchWarrior09 said:

I really don't know..

I haven't kept up with High school football in East Texas since I graduated. I do know these kids at PT because I coached some, mainly the sophomore class when they were younger, and I know what they can do on Offense and Defense.

Mt. Pleasant had 2 TD catches that if the ball isn't tipped straight up they don't happen..both i think were on 3rd and long. PT Defense has to do a better job at winning big plays. I know Mt. Pleasant's  WR,QB,RB kept them in the game.

Jax not that great on offense or defense,  but do have 2 d1 corners

17 minutes ago, TrenchWarrior09 said:

I really don't know..

It may have been a down game for Jax.... but their offense seemed to struggle Vs. Nac when it came to putting together long and sustained drives.

Most of Jax's points were set up by a very short field from Nac turnovers. 

Take that short field away from them on most of those possessions and I think you see a much lower point total by Jacksonville in that game.  

My take:

PT- prolific offense.  No defense to mention.
Jax-  Proficient offense- nothing flashy.  Best defense out of Nac, MP, and PT
Nac- offensively shaky.  Defense better than PT....but offense but them in horrible situations due to turnovers.

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

It may have been a down game for Jax.... but their offense seemed to struggle Vs. Nac when it came to putting together long and sustained drives.

Most of Jax's points were set up by a very short field from Nac turnovers. 

Take that short field away from them on most of those possessions and I think you see a much lower point total by Jacksonville in that game.  

My take:

PT- prolific offense.  No defense to mention.
Jax-  Proficient offense- nothing flashy.  Best defense out of Nac, MP, and PT
Nac- offensively shaky.  Defense better than PT....but offense but them in horrible situations due to turnovers.

The turnover problem has only been during the Jax game. Without those turnovers Nac wins that game by 28 points. I don't remember them turning the ball over against Lindale. 

I disagree that Jax has the better Defense, Our offense put 600 yds on them and our defense held them under 300 yds. I guess we will see this week for sure!!

6 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

This isn't your Daddy's pine tree pirates:) This might be the best PT team in the last 20 years!!

I wouldnt crown em district champs yet,  thevye played a weak schedule,  mt pleasant almost beat em,  and they still have to play tough teams in nac,  wh,  and marshall,  i think your opinion will change at the end of district

Just now, The Real Mavfan said:

I dont think anybody is crowning them champs yet. But i do agree this is the best PT team in a very long time. Dont forget Lindale in that list that they still have to play. That will be a tough one also.

Thats right forgot lindale,  there always tough

1 hour ago, Jets said:

I wouldnt crown em district champs yet,  thevye played a weak schedule,  mt pleasant almost beat em,  and they still have to play tough teams in nac,  wh,  and marshall,  i think your opinion will change at the end of district

I am not crowning them at all!! Just saying this is the best PT I have seen in a long time. They could still go 5-5 and be the best team from PT in decades. I was actually saying the last 20 meeting stats means nothing.

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

I am not crowning them at all!! Just saying this is the best PT I have seen in a long time. They could still go 5-5 and be the best team from PT in decades. I was actually saying the last 20 meeting stats means nothing.

But theyre still.....  PINE TREE!!!