Finally! The truth about the electric grid.

Sportsfanatic1

21 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So fallen trees were not a major issue. 
The only one inside ERCOT in the article closed due to being too costly to operate. Everything you posted back what I had said and the articles I posted. Thanks for the help. 

I have yet to see one article about fallen trees being a contributor to the blackouts.  Can you provide information in regards to that ?  I suppose that you didn't read the article about Pirkey being shut down in 2023.   It is not under ERCOT, and the Government with it's emission standards shut it down.  I have good memories of Lake Pirkey, you could swim there even in  November, because the water was so warm.  The tales I could tell about that lake.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

The reason they don't is because  it's rare in the state of Texas to have these record cold spells, and always has been.  They happen about every decade, but still occur and not due to a polar vortex shift caused by Global Warming as the Germans would have you believe.  It's why we don't have snow plows in Dallas or other north Texas cities.  They might in Abilene and I certainly understand that, because it's a yearly basis with them up there.  They don't salt the roads either, but will put sand on them in some places.  I know they do in Dallas.  

Also, the generating stations that use steam to turn their turbines won’t work in single digit temps because the steam will freeze so I’m told.  How do you “winterize” that?  Build a huge building around them with massive heaters?  I think it’s something folks feel like they can tell a business how to operate.  Government overreach is the reason businesses are leaving California.  High taxes are the reason businesses are leaving New York.  Yet liberals continue to fail to realize this.  You give businesses reasons to operate, create jobs and then you incentivize them to change how they operate.  Still liberals think just the opposite and it cripples the economy, production and causes other problems.  But what do I know?  I’m just some ole red neck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I have yet to see one article about fallen trees being a contributor to the blackouts.  Can you provide information in regards to that ?  I suppose that you didn't read the article about Pirkey being shut down in 2023.   It is not under ERCOT, and the Government with it's emission standards shut it down.  I have good memories of Lake Pirkey, you could swim there even in  November, because the water was so warm.  The tales I could tell about that lake.  

I made the statement that many, or “lots” of folks were without power due to limbs downing lines.  Over 50% of DETEC customers were without power.  I was just curious who ole 9er would blame that on is all.  He seems to have a blame for everything and it’s typically a republican.  

is Pirkey a coal plant?  If so, it’s only shutting down due to its inefficiency.  Just ask ole 9er.  The fed govt doesn’t regulate power plants, Texas does.  Look it up LOL

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

I do not believe you have good information there. There are tons of steam powered plants (this is coal driven) in the north. They are not just outside with steam in the air. 
your answer was government foots the Bill with incentives. Either way tax payers are paying for it. 
Notice you did not own up to the limb thing. 
If you do not follow proper safety nothing works. Not all regulations are bad. Even our governor is calling for it now. Actions have consequences

Tax payers and customers will ALWAYS pay for it.  That’s why I say make it cheaper on them.  Government mandates are going to make rates go up and in this case, not have enough power.  In 2011 had they tried my theory we may have had power plants not going offline this past week.   Instead they tried the same thing trying to make businesses do something that would affect their bottom dollar in a big way.  How’s that work for them?

7 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Either way the cost comes from somewhere. With deregulation of the electric industry in Texas this is where we are. Either way why is so hard for you to admit I was right about needing to winterize 

Yes, the taxpayers and customers.  They are typically the same people

42 minutes ago, JETT said:

Stop whining man

Post your thoughts on how to solve the problem. We've dealt with this cold in the past, and now we have to blame politicians, because of their ineptitude.   "Time Magazine, among others, is rushing stories which detail this year’s weather events as proof of climate change and the new norm. Frankly, the narratives obfuscate the facts to the point the facts can’t be known. And this kind of “journalism” is nothing more than the worst kind of religious drivel you can find in discard piles after most estate sales. I’m not badmouthing religion, I’m denouncing metaphysical interpretations of everything to the point people turn their God-given intelligence into nothing more than a piece of embalmed rubber brain in a formaldehyde jar." Danny Grizzle.   

When have we seen cold temperatures or high temperatures in our lifetime's ?   It's how the world spins, and I understand people want answers to things that happen especially when it comes to how it's hot, when they have their AC on.  Go outside, and you'll see how hot and cold it can be in the summer and winter.  This planet earth doesn't have a thermostat, except for it revolving around the sun and the axis tilt  for our seasons. It's nothing I haven't seen before.                              

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Nothing on steam plants with steam freezing? Really would like to see that due to where that happens in a plant. 

Happened at local plants in East Texas. Don’t know about power plants but other types of plants had steam in instrumentation freeze all over the place causing outages. Couldn’t imagine it not being the same in power plants if they were not covered.

17 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

The original post is straight off Q and that has already been proven on this thread. 
I do not see how yours relates but ok. 

There hasn't been a Q anon post since 12/8/2020. So basically what you're saying is that anything you disagree with is Q.  Move on and find a new boogieman to blame.  As for whether my post relates to the thread topic,  I'll take the fact that the thread creator gave me a thanks for my posts as validation, and your attempts to deflect Jo Xi's china first policies and Ds overall dingbat radical energy policies as just that...deflection.

13 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Nothing on steam plants with steam freezing? Really would like to see that due to where that happens in a plant. 

What I was told by a man that works at a power plant.  Moisture freezes at 32.  At 8 it freezes a lot faster.  Just what he said

3 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

The steam powered coal plants, which is most of them, do not have the steam freeze. No need to defend what just is not true. That action, the action of the steam, happens deep in the plant not outside. What he said was silly. What froze was the water intake which was not winterized

How do you winterize inside a lake intake? Thoughts?

Just now, Old49er60 said:

So you are Q nice to know. And yes what was posted is all over Q channels and shown on here. China and Biden have zero to do with ERCOT. Nothing none zero. Right wingers have jumped to blame anyone except those who are in charge and made the decisions. 
As for a new boggie man the Qanon movement is a dangerous movement in our country built on lies and the gullible sheep that follow it. Jan 6 showed what they are capable if

No,  but know how to look up their posts.  No post since 12/8/2020.  So you'd have us believe that Jo Xi's EO happened before he took office.  The thread topic referred to Jo Xi's EO and overall china-first policies.  Now you're deflecting again bringing up Jan 6th.  LMAO.  

2 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

The lakes did not freeze, the pipes are deep, the intakes froze. These are facts look them up. No matter what I post you will not believe it so find it, it is out there. 

The intakes aren’t in the lake?  I guess I don’t understand what you are calling intakes.

I called a friend that works at a refinery that uses cooling water from a lake. He confirmed that intakes are in the lake. What are you referring to?

4 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

The intake pipes leave the lake to go to the water plant. These were not winterized and froze, not the part in the lake because they are in deeper parts

Ok, can you post your article that tells you this? It’s becoming apparent you or the article don’t know what an intake is. Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Look I misspoke on using intake. You may look up all you want it is in this thread the pipes coming from the lakes froze. Not the intake in the lake. 

There is a industry standard guideline for amount of flow for temp to keep from freezing also. Could be just a failure to adhere to that.

14 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So do you believe China and Biden caused what happened in Texas? 

Will have to wait and see.  Per the first post in this thread,  Jo Xi's EO lifted ban on chinese access to the grid.  I've not researched it yet. I've also not commented on that yet either.  All I did was add to the equation the fact that Ds in DC have undone the efforts that were underway to ensure the grid's resiliency.  Maybe Jo Xi knew something we didn't when he said in that debate "we're headed for a dark winter."  Full circle...again.  Going green means going dark.

39 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

The lakes did not freeze, the pipes are deep, the intakes froze. These are facts look them up. No matter what I post you will not believe it so find it, it is out there. 

Better yet, you are the adamant one that you are correct, you post the facts to back up your argument. 

40 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Look I misspoke on using intake. You may look up all you want it is in this thread the pipes coming from the lakes froze. Not the intake in the lake. 

The pipes from the river for the power plant I know if is underground, 50-60 miles long.  Are you saying it froze?   

15 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

How many times have you been asked that and refused....waiting on the steam freezing as well

Once.  I told you I didn’t feel like looking it up just to prove somebody wrong.  It wouldn’t have changed your mind.  You seem to know everything about everything.  A legend in your own mind

35 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Yes it is they did not winterize. Something I have said over and over 

Explain to us this winterizing in detail.  You seem to have a vast knowledge of Nat gas fired power plants.  We want to know, because evidently the guys I know that work at them are dumbasses according to you 

49 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Have to wait and see....lol yep you are part of q. ITS HAPPENING!!!! What happened to that guy in Italy with the evidence and the pope being arrested 

Says the guy activated via china bot farm.  Thanks for reminding me that any discourse with you is an utter waste of my time.  You may deactivate now.