District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024

chevyman

24 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Well, how we feeling folks? It's early....but is it all starting to shape up in D5? Is there a probable #2 behind Winny?

LONG ways to go. We got 4 tough ones in a row starting tomorrow before we can start crowning anyone. A curve ball was thrown last week with Minny beating MV so i think it would be foolish to make any predictions 1 district game in. I know what we are capable of and if we play our game it will all take care of itself but its not going to be easy. Right now we are focused on Commerce and thats it. One at a time.

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

You and DirtyBird load up and head this way tomorrow i know yall aint got anything to do.

Somebody gotta bring the oil and gas outta the ground. Me....I'm somebody. Out of town frackalackin, sir, but I reckon i'll be tuned in via live stream. 

Edited by Eagle8

5 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I think that tonight’s game with Potts at Minny will be very interesting….Jackets will be on bye week after this game so I expect a full effort from all players…if they can win this game I would think they would have a shot to end up in second place in district…or maybe 1st😳😳😳

Im intrigued by it for sure. Based on how many yards 10 for MV ran for last week i expect 5 for Potts to run wild

46 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

I think that tonight’s game with Potts at Minny will be very interesting….Jackets will be on bye week after this game so I expect a full effort from all players…if they can win this game I would think they would have a shot to end up in second place in district…or maybe 1st😳😳😳

Not a shot either one of those happen

Standings after Game 6 

Winny 5-0* (2-0)    302   61

Pottsboro 5-0 (1-0)   189   130

Commerce 5-1 (1-1)   209   142

Mt Vernon 4-2 (1-1)   238   168

Mineola 2-4 (1-1)    165   219

Bonham 1-5 (0-2)    114  289

Rains 0-5 (0-1)     36   209

Standings after Game 7

Winny 6-0* (3-0)    346   61

Pottsboro 6-0 (2-0)   245   130

Commerce 6-1 (2-1)   241   150

Mineola 2-4 (1-1)    165   219

Mt Vernon 4-3 (1-2)   238   212

Bonham 1-6 (0-3)    114  345

Rains 0-6 (0-2)     44   241

Edited by chevyman

Picture starting to clear up over here?

Winny 1 seed, Potts 2 seed most likely? Who's probable for 3 and 4 seed?

My best guess for D6 is Jeffy/Tatum fighting for top 2 seeding. GW/Atl fighting for 3 and 4 seeding. 

Sabine would need to win out against Jeff, Tatum, WO to be in. Not Probable. 

WO done...not a chance. Need to win out against GW, Sabine, Atl. Not happening. They are extremely down. 

5 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Picture starting to clear up over here?

Winny 1 seed, Potts 2 seed most likely? Who's probable for 3 and 4 seed?

My best guess for D6 is Jeffy/Tatum fighting for top 2 seeding. GW/Atl fighting for 3 and 4 seeding. 

Sabine would need to win out against Jeff, Tatum, WO to be in. Not Probable. 

WO done...not a chance. Need to win out against GW, Sabine, Atl. Not happening. They are extremely down. 

Winny just needs to handle their business next week against minny and then finish up with bonham. Commerce still has to play minny and mv so thats kind of how it will shake out. Minny has head to head over mv