The Smoakhouse Forums Week 4 Top 10

RETIREDFAN1

If it wasn't for BC breaking a school record 18 penalties. FSU would have lost that game. But I wouldn't be surprised if they walked into Death Valley and rolled Clemson.

Texas has 3 good wins. Both Rice and Wyoming have P5 wins on their schedule, and all 3 haven't lost another game. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2023 at 12:27 PM, ETXfan16 said:

If it wasn't for BC breaking a school record 18 penalties. FSU would have lost that game. But I wouldn't be surprised if they walked into Death Valley and rolled Clemson.

Texas has 3 good wins. Both Rice and Wyoming have P5 wins on their schedule, and all 3 haven't lost another game. 

True, but the eye test hasn't been what it should be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Baron said:

True, but the eye test hasn't been what it should be.

Who has passed the eye test?

Georgia certainly didn’t impress me against S Carolina. 

FSU should’ve lost to BC

Michigan and USC have won big, but neither have played anyone. And the way most people act about some of these games, then Michigan should be scoring 70 against the teams they’re playing, but aren’t. 

So who has passed the ‘eye test’ so far?

Here’s the ‘eye test’ that Texas has passed so far, in my opinion, 

When you look at the Rice and Wyoming games (which Wyoming is a very good team), the defense was great start to finish. The offense is what came out flat early. And in recent years, we all know the outcome of those games could’ve possibly turned out differently. This year, however, the offense has shown the ability to finish games. Something we haven’t seen the last few years. THAT is the eye test that they have passed, in my opinion.