CJ Kinne or Stump Godfrey?

micotrav

Watching the Tulsa game on TV and with Gilmer's long list of athletes within the past several years, which one....CJ Kinne or Stump Godfrey? :huh:

Also I wouldn't say a kid who Came for his Sr. year is in a long list of athletes from Gilmer. Kind of funny in the media guide for Tulsa that he puts Mesquite, Not Gilmer as his home.

no shot for kinne!

Being lucky enough to see the both of them play several times this question is pretty easy for me.. Stump does have the bling, but Kinne is someone who could turn a qb sneak for a first down into a 45 yard TD in the pouring rain or could roll to his left and throw a 35 yard pass down the right sideline.. He just did stuff that you shouldn't be able to do.. Kinne was a stud in Gilmer, but people forget he was even better in canton.. So i gotta go with GJ Kinne hands down.. Not saying that the rest of you are wrong, I'm just saying that I'm right. :thumbsup:

Being lucky enough to see the both of them play several times this question is pretty easy for me.. Stump does have the bling, but Kinne is someone who could turn a qb sneak for a first down into a 45 yard TD in the pouring rain or could roll to his left and throw a 35 yard pass down the right sideline.. He just did stuff that you shouldn't be able to do.. Kinne was a stud in Gilmer, but people forget he was even better in canton.. So i gotta go with GJ Kinne hands down.. Not saying that the rest of you are wrong, I'm just saying that I'm right. :thumbsup:

I guess you didn't see Gilmer vs Cuero last year...review it and get back to me.

If you were to ask me who I wanted, in a 2 min situation, down by 5, and have to go 80 yds, against a speedy defense, Stump Godfrey, hands down, he could do it rushing, or passing, his all time passing yds are about 2000 behind GJ, but I think GJ started as a Freshman at Canton, Stump difintely has better wheels, Stump owns a state title, was a threat to win it 3 years strait. Both are great QB's,,,but again if I am in a situation, like above,,,Give me Stump!

I guess you didn't see Gilmer vs Cuero last year...review it and get back to me.

Okay I admit that I didnt see that one live, but I do know that Godfrey took over.. He even played well in the state title game.. Godfrey is a beast.. Anyone that disagrees with that doesn't know anything about east texas football.. But Kinne is too.. They can both make great plays both Kinne would do it more often.. If i remember correctly canton has never had more than one 6'2" 270lb lineman at a time.. Kinne made things happen with less than what Godfrey had.. I loved watching Stump and I hope he does great in college, but I just think that Kinne is the better qb.. Review some old canton film or even the 400 yard passing game he had this weekend and then get back to me.

Okay I admit that I didnt see that one live, but I do know that Godfrey took over.. He even played well in the state title game.. Godfrey is a beast.. Anyone that disagrees with that doesn't know anything about east texas football.. But Kinne is too.. They can both make great plays both Kinne would do it more often.. If i remember correctly canton has never had more than one 6'2" 270lb lineman at a time.. Kinne made things happen with less than what Godfrey had.. I loved watching Stump and I hope he does great in college, but I just think that Kinne is the better qb.. Review some old canton film or even the 400 yard passing game he had this weekend and then get back to me.

Canton football was sub 500 throughout the history of Canton football before the Kinne"s got there.

A dramatic a change as ive seen in a program in a short period of time, albeit with quite a bit of

controversy. Your right GJ did not have near teammates that Stump did till he moved to Gilmer and

GJ is doing pretty good for himself right now so until Stump is starting and putting up the stats as

GJ is i will have to go with GJ..

Also I wouldn't say a kid who Came for his Sr. year is in a long list of athletes from Gilmer. Kind of funny in the media guide for Tulsa that he puts Mesquite, Not Gilmer as his home.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't he originally from Mesquite?

It depends on what high school gives him the best "deal."

At least Stump was actually FROM Gilmer! And just didn't move there to play football & win a state title....of course,...how did that go for him (Kinne) again?.....that's right....he (Kinne) didn't win one there...then he (Kinne) wasn't babied enough at The University, (probably because he wasn't as good as the other for or five QB's on the team) so he picked up his toys and went elsewhere....kind of how he did in Canton!

So, my vote....Stump!

Kinne was the QB for the most talented team Gilmer has ever fielded yet couldn't get past the first round. That team had Curtis Brown, Lamar Harris, Jamell Kennedy as receivers and Justin Johnson at running back. All were D1 players. The line was huge and had David Snow and Cody Lee. I don't think there was a more talented offense anywhere in the state in 06.

Stump took Gilmer to state the next year as a sophomore after most of that talent graduated, and then again last year. GJ definately had more to work with but couldn't get it done when the pressure was on. I'm taking Stump any day of the week.