Tyler John Tyler in 14- 4A

eagles66

Man oh man...you got alot to learn when it comes to trophies.

Dont you know that you can be a very solid program without winning championships?? There are many 5A teams that are powerhouses that only have one championship..or hasn't even been to play for one...to list a few..

Stony Point

Allen

Cedar Hill

North Shore

Arlington Bowie

Beaumont Westbrook

The Woodlands

LONGVIEW

LUFKIN

These are powerhouses my friend. No matter how bad you want to fight it.

And to prove you wrong on the comment(about how SLC and Katy fans would laugh there but off)..I'd suggest you read this..exclusively from there fans :thumbsup:

http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/showthread.php?t=62444

beaumont westbrook they are a powerhouse ? out of the three times we played them nac beat them twice and those nac teams finished 1-9 and 3-7.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were as many posts that supported MY argument as there was yours.

"Longview has a good football program" GOOD. Not Powerhouse.

"Any team capable of making back-to-back runs to a state title game is worthy of a good deal of respect" You said Longview was a 5A powerhouse. Those title runs were in 4A.

Whether or not Longview is a 4A powerhouse is a completely different question. This was started because you said they were a 5A powerhouse. Longview hasn't made much noise in 5A the last 10 years or so. Besides the deep run in...I think 2007, the rest of the decade was 1 and done or 2 and done.

"one can be a very solid football program without being state champions" How many times on this thread have I said Longview has one of the best programs in Texas? Several times. Just not powerhouses like the others.

I think it's funny you get your feathers ruffled because I dont think Longview is a powerhouse, yet you chuckle when you assume I think Marshall is. Marshall played for back to back titles too just a few years ago. In this decade alone we've had two title games and two region finals. Pretty salty..... yes. And I'm proud of those things. But I'm not dillusional enough to think we are on the same level as some of the elite teams of 4A.

And if you TRULY believe Longview is on the SAME LEVEL as Katy, SLC, Trinity, and Judson..... then there is no point in continuing this discussion. Put your lobo green glasses back on and go about your fantasy world life.

Go find where I posted that LGV is on the same Level as those teams..because I dont remember posting that. :hmm:

I do however, remember simply stating that LGV(along with the other teams I listed) ARE powerhouses...and as the fans on that board posted..LGV is considered a powerhouse.

Think of me as a homer all you want, but I have my proof.

I also dont remember any of them laughing either.

But anyway..keep that trophy mentality up...and think what you want.

Now..I believe 14-4A will finish like this: (District Records) DIV and Seed

1. John Tyler (7-0) D1 I

2. Whitehouse (6-1) D2 I

3. Marshall (5-2) D1 II

4. Jacksonville (4-3) D2 II

5. Kilgore (3-4)

6. Hallsville (2-5)

7. Nac (1-6)

8. PT (0-7)

Of course..I could be wrong..It's just a Mock 14-4A :thumbsup:

Go find where I posted that LGV is on the same Level as those teams..because I dont remember posting that. :hmm:

I do however, remember simply stating that LGV(along with the other teams I listed) ARE powerhouses...and as the fans on that board posted..LGV is considered a powerhouse.

Think of me as a homer all you want, but I have my proof.

I also dont remember any of them laughing either.

But anyway..keep that trophy mentality up...and think what you want.

Now..I believe 14-4A will finish like this: (District Records) DIV and Seed

1. John Tyler (7-0) D1 I

2. Whitehouse (6-1) D2 I

3. Marshall (5-2) D1 II

4. Jacksonville (4-3) D2 II

5. Kilgore (3-4)

6. Hallsville (2-5)

7. Nac (1-6)

8. PT (0-7)

Of course..I could be wrong..It's just a Mock 14-4A :thumbsup:

Looks pretty accurate to me. Where in the pack would Longview finish? LOL

Being a homer is fine. Most of us are. But being a homer dillusioned by what you consider to be "facts" is different.

And BTW.....

WH is smaller than Marshall. So Marshall would go Div I with JT. WH would be div II with Jax.

Can you not see how Longview simply isn't on those programs' level??????

:pointer: It's UNDENIABLE....even by the most die-hard Lobo fan.

OK, now you're reaching........... :rolleyes:

Being a homer is fine. Most of us are. But being a homer dillusioned by what you consider to be "facts" is different.

And BTW.....

WH is smaller than Marshall. So Marshall would go Div I with JT. WH would be div II with Jax.

You might want to go back and READ.

Thats what I clearly put. You were looking at the Roman Numerals..and those were for SEEDS..not DIV.

You might want to go back and READ.

Thats what I clearly put. You were looking at the Roman Numerals..and those were for SEEDS..not DIV.

My apologies. I was just glancing at the roman numerals.

I know one thing....

The rest of 14-4A should be dancing in the street now that Longview is gone.

Between an unbeatable #2 JT team and the vaunted Whitehouse Dynasty that we've been reading on SDC since 2006, the rest of us wouldn't have much of a chance of even making the playoffs if the Lobos were still around.

Thank you UIL for saving the remaining six teams' seasons. We were just gonna have to cancel them and go straight to basketball otherwise.

My apologies. I was just glancing at the roman numerals.

I know one thing....

The rest of 14-4A should be dancing in the street now that Longview is gone.

Between an unbeatable #2 JT team and the vaunted Whitehouse Dynasty that we've been reading on SDC since 2006, the rest of us wouldn't have much of a chance of even making the playoffs if the Lobos were still around.

Thank you UIL for saving the remaining six teams' seasons. We were just gonna have to cancel them and go straight to basketball otherwise.

Whitehouse dynasty? Who's promoted that? Possibly a Marshall fan...........................? LOL

Whitehouse dynasty? Who's promoted that? Possibly a Marshall fan...........................? LOL

Nope. It was a small.....yet vocal couple of WH posters that terrorized the SDC forums back in 2006.

Strangely......they haven't been seen or heard from in a long while. But their words ressonate with a lot of fans from Kilgore, Marshall, and Jacksonville. Especially kilgore fans.

Where are some of those Kilgore fans that remember?

Nope. It was a small.....yet vocal couple of WH posters that terrorized the SDC forums back in 2006.

Strangely......they haven't been seen or heard from in a long while. But their words ressonate with a lot of fans from Kilgore, Marshall, and Jacksonville. Especially kilgore fans.

They are probably still in hiding after the beatdowns recieved from Gilmer and Marshall :thumbsup:

And other teams they were "supposedly" better than for that matter.

I remember during that time frame..Alot of there fans (and some still say this) thought that Kilgore could hang and possibly beat LGV.

I beg to differ.

They are probably still in hiding after the beatdowns recieved from Gilmer and Marshall :thumbsup:

And other teams they were "supposedly" better than for that matter.

I remember during that time frame..Alot of there fans (and some still say this) thought that Kilgore could hang and possibly beat LGV.

I beg to differ.

Again... this isnt a Longview thread.

Again... this isnt a Longview thread.

Yeah I know..but as a Mav fan pointed out earlier..this isn't just a JT thread..this is also a 14-4A thread am I correct??

So if I'm not mistaken..we have 2 14-4A schools on our schedule..both being rivals.

I believe I have the right to give my intake on both teams.

It obvious Marshall fans have an OBSESSION with Longview. I suggest scheduling therapy sessions with Dr. Phil ASAP!!

Some of em are having pitty fits just because I have em finishing 3rd in district. It's just predictions..prove me wrong. However, It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jacksonville beat em...again.

Maybe it's just pure hatred toward LGV..who knows.

I mean Lufkin is our biggest rivals and there fans aren't as harsh.

It obvious Marshall fans have an OBSESSION with Longview. I suggest scheduling therapy sessions with Dr. Phil ASAP!!

Excuse the village "person".....he escaped.

Marshall isn't obsessed with Longview....... we respect them. No one in East Texas besides Lufkin has beaten them in how long????

I think they showed JT who their daddy was last time they played too.

Each team in 14-4A will respect JT just as we did Longview. Now..... it remains to be seen if JT will return that respect. Longview tended not to during football season....but they have been humbled nicely the rest of the school year in the remainder of the sports season.

I suppose Longivew football had no true reason to respect 13-4A. Other than 2 "SOMEWHAT" close calls against Hallsville in 2008 and Texas High in 2009...... the Lobos weren't challenged much. Sure.....Marshall was tied at the half with them in 2008....and trialed by only 1 in 2009, but both ended ugly. Take those 4 games away.....and the Lobos didn't really break much of a sweat in district play for football.

JT may well run roughshod over 14-4A too. I'm not expecting that.

But I AM expecting JT to be in a battle for all the other sports. No one school will dominate the sports scene in East Texas 4A. There is TOO much talent. And each school has their "niche" sports that makes them excel in one while they struggle in others.

PT football may be the boot of a lot of jokes on SDC.....but PT also owns a few other sports. They have an excellent atheltic department. I'd like to see PT's record against the rest of 13-4A overall minus football.

Anyhow..... best of luck to everyone. Looking forward to some new/old faces this coming fall.

Excuse the village "person".....he escaped.

Marshall isn't obsessed with Longview....... we respect them. No one in East Texas besides Lufkin has beaten them in how long????

I think they showed JT who their daddy was last time they played too.

Each team in 14-4A will respect JT just as we did Longview. Now..... it remains to be seen if JT will return that respect. Longview tended not to during football season....but they have been humbled nicely the rest of the school year in the remainder of the sports season.

I suppose Longivew football had no true reason to respect 13-4A. Other than 2 "SOMEWHAT" close calls against Hallsville in 2008 and Texas High in 2009...... the Lobos weren't challenged much. Sure.....Marshall was tied at the half with them in 2008....and trialed by only 1 in 2009, but both ended ugly. Take those 4 games away.....and the Lobos didn't really break much of a sweat in district play for football.

JT may well run roughshod over 14-4A too. I'm not expecting that.

But I AM expecting JT to be in a battle for all the other sports. No one school will dominate the sports scene in East Texas 4A. There is TOO much talent. And each school has their "niche" sports that makes them excel in one while they struggle in others.

PT football may be the boot of a lot of jokes on SDC.....but PT also owns a few other sports. They have an excellent atheltic department. I'd like to see PT's record against the rest of 13-4A overall minus football.

Anyhow..... best of luck to everyone. Looking forward to some new/old faces this coming fall.

I agree with you that JT won't dominate all sports in 14-4A( JT's baseball program is pratically non-existent). The thing with me and alot of JT fans is how fast will our young team mature throughout the season. We have the talent and potential to be a VERY dangerous 4A team, but you know what they say about potential(it is unproven talent). Alot of people try to compare JT to Longview, but there are some key differences. True JT's talent is on the same level as LV but we are a totally different style of offense. LV has been FAR more stable in their coaching than we have for the past decade. JT is just got back to winning consistently in the last 4 to 5 years. Replacing Allen wilson wasn't easy. We finally have stability and a program in place. 4A will be a interesting new experience for us.

Do we have your permission to claim "dyanasty" over Marshall if we beat you one more time, this time in 2010?

LOL funny :thumbsup:

I had Whitehouse third at first..but I remembered how much D1 talent was coming back.

D-1 Talent? Besides Trey? Who? Where? Man I hope you are right. Otherwise, how is the "Whitehouse Dynasty" gonna keep on rolling?

Hey GB, do you know who wolfpack is referring to as D-1 talent? They still hiding kids from those infamous 8th and 9th grade teams? WH will do good just to have a winning record and possibly snag a 3rd or 4th place in district. This could be a very very competitive district, a few good or bad breaks may make the difference between 1st and 5th. I expect "Logjam city" on that last week of district play.

D-1 Talent? Besides Trey? Who? Where? Man I hope you are right. Otherwise, how is the "Whitehouse Dynasty" gonna keep on rolling?

Hey GB, do you know who wolfpack is referring to as D-1 talent? They still hiding kids from those infamous 8th and 9th grade teams? WH will do good just to have a winning record and possibly snag a 3rd or 4th place in district. This could be a very very competitive district, a few good or bad breaks may make the difference between 1st and 5th. I expect "Logjam city" on that last week of district play.

Is Whitehouse having spring ball? I heard from another website they weren't and was just going to do after school and in-school workouts.