Texas to Omaha

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job by Texas. Really thought they had a tough draw heading into regionals with rice and A&M, then probably LSU. But they handled business in the regional and then took it to Houston in the supers. This years tournament is wide open. Honestly Texas might be the favorite along with Vandy. Both are hot right now.

Good job by Texas. Really thought they had a tough draw heading into regionals with rice and A&M, then probably LSU. But they handled business in the regional and then took it to Houston in the supers. This years tournament is wide open. Honestly Texas might be the favorite along with Vandy. Both are hot right now.

Houston really didn't look like they had a chance against Texas.

Houston really didn't look like they had a chance against Texas.

I don't believe they really did. This year there 3-4 teams in supers that just don't belong in my opinion. Lots of upsets in regionals. This is probably the "weakest" the supers have been in terms of the traditional higher seeds advancing in quite some time.

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Texas or anyone else. Just speaking the truth. Lots of upsets this year. Upsets early set up for easier matchups for the better teams later on.

I personally think Houston was coming off an emotional high beating LSU twice to get to the Supers. I also think NCAA's choice to make more money and send the regional to Austin burst the Cougar bubble a little bit. The Texas pitching was either outstanding, or the Houston bats were quieted because of the let down and nerves. I don't know or really care. Just excited for the Longhorns on their trip to the CWS.

I personally think Houston was coming off an emotional high beating LSU twice to get to the Supers. I also think NCAA's choice to make more money and send the regional to Austin burst the Cougar bubble a little bit. The Texas pitching was either outstanding, or the Houston bats were quieted because of the let down and nerves. I don't know or really care. Just excited for the Longhorns on their trip to the CWS.

Very well could be emotional highs, but I truly think Texas is just a better team. Texas has a good ball club. Defense and pitching is key. As long as Texas can get 2-3 runs a game, I believe they have a chance against anyone. I wouldn't bet against them. They my not be the most "wow" team in paper or even watching them play, but in typical Texas baseball fashion, they just find ways to get it done.

Come on btex, don't start another senseless battle with WET on this thread as well.

Exactly... I'm not arguing with stupidity anyway. If any fool truly thinks Houston beating LSU or Florida being two and done weren't upsets then I don't have time anyway.

I think all the talk about the tough 30game SEC conference stretch was proven to be hype during the regionals.

I don't believe they really did. This year there 3-4 teams in supers that just don't belong in my opinion. Lots of upsets in regionals. This is probably the "weakest" the supers have been in terms of the traditional higher seeds advancing in quite some time.

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Texas or anyone else. Just speaking the truth. Lots of upsets this year. Upsets early set up for easier matchups for the better teams later on.

Just because a team or conference is overhyped and lose, does that truly make it an upset. I think most folks are seeing the lovefest of the SEC from the media.

Well name the teams. My guess is this has SEC written all over it. Or the SEC was over rated. By the way Houston beat LSU twice to advance with LSU having their pitching still intact on winners bracket. Up sets were C of C and Kenny state.

+1

It was a little of all the above. The Coogs were very high after the LSU victories and all of the folks in and around Houston baseball thought they would host. When it didn't happen it was a shock. Houston just put in an all turf field that is awesome and the stadium is great!! Read the article stating UT out bid UH $90,000 to $50,000 to get to host. Disch-Falk holds 7500 and UH holds 4500. Houston starting pitching all year has been good but not great and it showed when they didn't need it to show. Good luck to the Horns. They played and pitched great for 2 days that matter.

See WET, this is what I'm talking about in the other thread......a TExas thread you have to inject SEC greatness into. Propaganda about how the SEC were upset, yada yada......maybe, just maybe they were hyped too much.

Congrats to the Horns and the Red Raiders on making it to Omaha.

See WET, this is what I'm talking about in the other thread......a TExas thread you have to inject SEC greatness into. Propaganda about how the SEC were upset, yada yada......maybe, just maybe they were hyped too much.

It's not all his fault. If you listen to this media nonsense, every comment pertaining to an SEC team includes some version of the phrase "well when you play in the SEC......blah, blah,blah." Even the SEC coaches do it when they are interviewed. It's really weird....and stupid.

As a matter of fact, I never mentioned the SEC in this. I praised Texas at first. Then my second post was just saying their were upsets in the tourny. FSU, Oregon st, and UNC among them. I never once mentioned the sec.

As a matter of fact, I never mentioned the SEC in this. I praised Texas at first. Then my second post was just saying their were upsets in the tourny. FSU, Oregon st, and UNC among them. I never once mentioned the sec.

The only time you mentioned the SEC was after someone mentioned they thought your comments about upsets were SEC slanted. And you came back with saying LSU and Florida losing how they did we're obvious upsets.

I will back ya up this time, unless your upset comments were indeed SEC slanted without coming out and saying it.

The only time you mentioned the SEC was after someone mentioned they thought your comments about upsets were SEC slanted. And you came back with saying LSU and Florida losing how they did we're obvious upsets.

I will back ya up this time, unless your upset comments were indeed SEC slanted without coming out and saying it.

What I was trying to say from the beginning that there were several teams from several conferences that got beat out earlier than what their seeds would have indicated. Those were what I called upsets. It didn't matter if they were sec teams or not. ACC and PAC and big 10 had their share of losses to "lower seeds" as well. This is why I said this year was kind of crazy. It was never a knock on the big 12 or any conference in particular. I actually really liked what I saw from Texas and have talked them up several times in this thread. I don't know why the sec got brought up to be honest...

We knew exactly what you meant about the "upsets" or as we like to call it "hyped teams getting beat".

^^^

What I was trying to say from the beginning that there were several teams from several conferences that got beat out earlier than what their seeds would have indicated. Those were what I called upsets. It didn't matter if they were sec teams or not. ACC and PAC and big 10 had their share of losses to "lower seeds" as well. This is why I said this year was kind of crazy. It was never a knock on the big 12 or any conference in particular. I actually really liked what I saw from Texas and have talked them up several times in this thread. I don't know why the sec got brought up to be honest...

because it's the same song you always sing.

We knew exactly what you meant about the "upsets" or as we like to call it "hyped teams getting beat".

^^^

Obviously you didn't know what I meant, because the sec had nothing to do with it... You guys think you are the only ones capable of a sports discussion that is isn't just flaming each other? I was very "pro Texas" in this thread and Btex tried to turn it into something else because he's just like internet as can't let things go. He attacks people on totally different threads trying to turn everything into a freaking war on here. I just wanted to talk some baseball. I could honestly care less which conference he thinks is best. I just wanted to move on from that and discuss Texas and Houston in the supers. Apparently you guys can't...