Gilmer vs Bullard

Buckeye22

Wait I can't stand it...The game plan was poor at best for two weeks in a row now. Simple adjustments could have open the flood gates. In the Canton game the defensive line was submarining all night...how do you counter that, you pull your lineman and trap block and leave the defensive lineman laying on the ground, no adjustment was made. Our edge blocking has been poor all year but Canton and Bullard blitzed their safety when the jet sweep was called...counter by running inside receiver across the middle where that safety just vacated. Bullard played cover two all night with the safety lined up over the inside receiver and the outside linebacker only concern was stopping run. How do you attack cover two...I'm glad you asked over the middle right those linebackers we are giving so much praise who was fully committed on stopping the run. We just threw to the outside in double coverage most of the night and our receivers made plays. Ask yourself how many times we threw across the middle where the receiver would have been wide open...watch the film. And please don't hit me with the guess you should have been a coach talk, I love football so I could have, I just pick a more lucrative profession. But that doesn't let the play calling off the hook by the coaches because honestly the didn't put our kids in the best opportunities to capitalize on the way the defense is playing. We won on pure depth and talent and that won't cut it in the playoffs. And there is a certain offensive lineman that gets whooped every play and still manages to play the whole game. Watch the film, terrible play calling. And I can go on, but I digress.

I heard Jeff Traylor say once that the Bullard Defensive coaching staff was as good as anyone's in state. In the past they haven't had the talent to match the coaching, but I think they do this year.

At the end of this game, I wasn't questioning Gilmer's lack of intensity, or focus, or play calling. At the end of the game I was more impressed with what Bullard did than by anything Gilmer didn't do.

RealBuckeye, you hit the nail on the head. I saw what you saw, but the problem is that Coach Turner can't see exactly what's happening from field level. He has always done a phenomenal job from his old post in the pressbox. I don't know who he has up there now, but the adjustments are not being made nearly as quickly as in the past, if at all. It's not really a knock on that particular coach, but if he is an offensive coordinator, he needs to be able to tell the coach what the defense is doing, and maybe even suggest plays that would work. I just think there has been a communication breakdown this season. With all of that said, the offense still has to execute consistently, which is something that definitely needs work.

Sorry my opinion but I totally disagree, Gilmer ran into the teeth of what Bullard was doing on defense and we didn't make the pay for any of the risk the defense was taking in order to stop the run. And after the half there wasn't any halftime adjustment made...Not trying to discredit Bullard's defense because they played great but with a few simple adjustment we could have made that game a lot easier. But of course I guess I can agree with the other maybe that's what we needed...NOT!!! We have had plenty tough close games this year.

Well Blackflag that coach needs to get coached...

...And I think it's up to Coach Turner to make sure that coach knows what needs to be communicated, and make adjustments accordingly. The OC and DC should be communicating with each other, but sometimes I wonder if they are on the same page. It certainly needs to be fixed regardless.

yall look i was there say whut you want to only reason Gilmer won, big tight end fo Bullard couldnt hang on to the ball, an it aint cause no body stoppe him, he just dropped'm an i agree with some Gilmer aint polished they all ova tha map mo penalties than you shake a stik at , cant fine players to get in da game, ima Gilmer fan but i know what i saw Traylor gone and it shows

There's a few jobs in Gilmer where you have to have very thick skin and that's sheriff, preacher, coach or QB for the Buckeyes. Gilmer has some of the best fans around, but you hear some pretty ignorant things at football games. I guess it's like that in most towns, but most towns football team isn't defending state champs or have a 24 game winning streak.

UH......I think you left out County Treasurer...

• Like 1

Careful, if you do not have glowing praise for the coaching staff you may get called an idiot. BadWolf is 100% correct, Traylor is gone and it shows.

or maybe the great talent is gone, and now we are just a so-called real good. Coaches coach, players play, and fans......they just use up good oxygen.

We will be OK. NOTE TO FANS......we not gonna win state championship every year.

or maybe the great talent is gone, and now we are just a so-called real good. Coaches coach, players play, and fans......they just use up good oxygen.

We will be OK. NOTE TO FANS......we not gonna win state championship every year.

got a good running record of winning state every 4 years though! Lol

Anybody remember that last time Gilmer came into the season after winning state? Started 1-2. Finished 9-4. Lost 1st home game in 10 years. Lost 1 st district game in 9. This team has accomplished more than any Gilmer team after winning a state championship so far. Give it a rest. And yes, you make stupid comments, you're an idiot.

Gilmer has always had the talent, before Traylor took over the best players didn't always play. He changed that and I hope it stays that way. Buckeye8 is right in wanting to know why Lawhorn doesn't play more? I know Ward is hurt but he hasn't been hurt the whole season and he is really good. RealBuckeye is also right that a certain offensive lineman gets whooped on a regular basis. I really do not want to see us go back to a program that lets parents and politics play a role in who starts and plays. This is what happens in most small towns and it is a factor in why they always are just average teams. We haven't been average in 15 years and I do not want us to go back to being average. If a really good player is sitting on the bench behind a kid that he is clearly better than, it won't be long before said player quits altogether and all his friends will join him. When that happens the Buckeyes will be just another team.

Whatever veer. If you read up you will see that I am not the only one questioning some things. Some of the most loyal and knowledgable football guys here are wondering what's going on. Have you even been to any games this season? Everyone knows that this team isn't loaded like last years but there is plenty of talent out there. Go herd some cows or shovel some manure.

Yeah, the 2010 Buckeyes were 9-4 after winning state in 2009 and having most of the team graduate.

If you remember, that was the first year of the real "District Of Doom" that had Gilmer (2009 State Champs), Carthage (2009 State Champs), and Henderson all in the district.

Gilmer was picked to finish 3rd or 4th in district that year. We got our butts kicked by Carthage and won a heck of a battle against Henderson to finish 2nd in District. Gilmer lost to Argyle in the 3d round. Carthage went on to win State in 3A-DII and Henderson won State in 3A-DI. The only two games Henderson lost that year were to Gilmer and Carthage.

Point is, we had some young talent on that team and it took a while to get it going. We lost our first home game in a decade to Tatum in a barn burner of a game. Next game was another close loss to Jacksonville. After that it started to come together.

Don't know if it is going to come together this year. I hope it does, the talent is there to make a nice run this year.

With that being said, does anybody know what is going on with the Ward kid? He has not even suited up or been on the sideline in 4 or 5 games. Is he out for the season with an injury? I really enjoyed watching him run, and he is only a sophomore.

Evertime the conversation goes to X's and O's or personnel observation, the kool aid drinking fans pull out stat from the past to dodge the topic. I am a bleed orange buckeye but I second the notion about not going backwards and that's what's happening. Yes that was a one in a lifetime team last year but we still have the talent and by the way have you noticed our offensive line, they are actually good size this year...again watch the film maybe Turner needs to go back to the press box. The kids are not put in the right position to take advantage of their skill set. When have we gotten the ball to one of our quick, fast guy's in open space like we always do. If qb, wr, rb can't get it done next man up.

Yeah, the 2010 Buckeyes were 9-4 after winning state in 2009 and having most of the team graduate.

If you remember, that was the first year of the real "District Of Doom" that had Gilmer (2009 State Champs), Carthage (2009 State Champs), and Henderson all in the district.

Gilmer was picked to finish 3rd or 4th in district that year. We got our butts kicked by Carthage and won a heck of a battle against Henderson to finish 2nd in District. Gilmer lost to Argyle in the 3d round. Carthage went on to win State in 3A-DII and Henderson won State in 3A-DI. The only two games Henderson lost that year were to Gilmer and Carthage.

Point is, we had some young talent on that team and it took a while to get it going. We lost our first home game in a decade to Tatum in a barn burner of a game. Next game was another close loss to Jacksonville. After that it started to come together.

Don't know if it is going to come together this year. I hope it does, the talent is there to make a nice run this year.

With that being said, does anybody know what is going on with the Ward kid? He has not even suited up or been on the sideline in 4 or 5 games. Is he out for the season with an injury? I really enjoyed watching him run, and he is only a sophomore.

Rashad Ward is not hurt anymore.He was put back on the Jv team.Rashad told me he had two choices.He could play varsity and not get much playing time or play jv and get playing time.

Evertime the conversation goes to X's and O's or personnel observation, the kool aid drinking fans pull out stat from the past to dodge the topic. I am a bleed orange buckeye but I second the notion about not going backwards and that's what's happening. Yes that was a one in a lifetime team last year but we still have the talent and by the way have you noticed our offensive line, they are actually good size this year...again watch the film maybe Turner needs to go back to the press box. The kids are not put in the right position to take advantage of their skill set. When have we gotten the ball to one of our quick, fast guy's in open space like we always do. If qb, wr, rb can't get it done next man up.

+1000

I do not want to go back to the Doug Bush era...we are a explosive, everytime we touch the ball we expect to score team. Not a grinb it out type team and don't tell me we don't have the speed. No one on Bullard or Canton team can run with Morton, Lawhorn, Smith who all run low 4.4 forty times consistently. Where is the getting the ball to my best athletes in open space. Numerous kids from the state track team are still on the this team...l say again play calling.

I do not want to go back to the Doug Bush era...we are a explosive, everytime we touch the ball we expect to score team. Not a grinb it out type team and don't tell me we don't have the speed. No one on Bullard or Canton team can run with Morton, Lawhorn, Smith who all run low 4.4 forty times consistently. Where is the getting the ball to my best athletes in open space. Numerous kids from the state track team are still on the this team...l say again play calling.

Preach It!

Rashad Ward's uncle was an absolute stud running back for Ore City back in the 90's. His name is Chad Royal, some of you old timers may remember him. He had multiple 2000 yard seasons. Ward should be starting or at least getting his fair share of carries. I would hate to see this kid quit because of politics