East Texas 5A/6A; Who can win this week?

Mavchamp

East Texas' 5A and 6A schools have struggled of late in the playoffs.

Here are the match-ups.  Who do you think should win....or lose?

6A Div II Reg 2: Beaumont Westbrook Vs. Longview

6ADiv II Reg 2: Rockwall Heath Vs. Lufkin

5A Div I Reg 2: Mesquite Poteet Vs. Marshall

5A Div I: Reg 2 Highland Park Vs. Texas High

5A Div I Reg 3: Ennis Vs. Waco

5A Div I Reg 3: Temple Vs. Corsicana

5A Div II Reg 2: Pine Tree Vs. North Forney

5A DIv II Reg 2: Lucas Lovejoy Vs. Sulphur Springs

5A DIv II Reg 3: A&M Consolidated Vs. Whitehouse

5A DIv II Reg 3: College Station Vs. Jacksonville

I'm not picking SS to win..... but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. 

Longview and Lufkin should win.  Esp since they are playing at home.  Probably the longest road trip in both school's histories lmao.  Heath for sure.

I'm picking Marshall...... homer pick plain and simple.  But I think we have the defense to make it happen.  Boils down to how well our sophomore-lead offense goes.

SS is iffy for me.  Wouldn't be shocked either way.

Texas High, Jax, Whitehouse, and Pine Tree could all be in for long nights (day for THS).

I agee Ennis and Corsicana aren't East Texas....but UIL.....

Ennis wouldn't shock me to see them win.  Corsi will be in trouble.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview and Lufkin should both win.

Marshall can if things go well. I still think they’ll need Poteet to make some mistakes though.

Rest will be blow outs (I don’t count Ennis as East TX).

You should. It would be your only State Championship in a decade .

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Yawn.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Longview and Lufkin should win.  Esp since they are playing at home.  Probably the longest road trip in both school's histories lmao.  Heath for sure.

West Brook use to play Tyler Lee (home and home series I'm guessing) I believe quite a bit not that long ago.

26 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

I’m shocked you’re back. After that SOC lost, I thought we would have to put your pics on the back of milk cartons. As for Ennis being included in East Texas....uhhh no. We have enough arrogant and foolish fan bases around here. Don’t need another one. I don’t claim em

• LOL! 2

Lv and the Pack should win. Key word should. But you never know. I have more confidence in Longview winning at home, then my Pack for obvious reasons. I still think both big schools will win though. I’m pulling for Marshall and Thigh, but i just don’t know. Not sure how good Poteet is and I’m pretty sure Hp is the favorite in their game. Heavy favorite I’m guessing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

We have not had a SC in 80 years, so your 10 years means nothing to us. Ennis is NOT in East Texas. Matter of a fact, why don't ya'll take John Tyler with ya'll? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I'm not picking SS to win..... but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. 

I'm picking Marshall...... homer pick plain and simple.  But I think we have the defense to make it happen.  Boils down to how well our freshman-lead offense goes.

SS is iffy for me.  Wouldn't be shocked either way.

Texas High, Jax, Whitehouse, and Pine Tree could all be in for long nights (day for THS).

I agee Ennis and Corsicana aren't East Texas....but UIL.....

Ennis wouldn't shock me to see them win.  Corsi will be in trouble.

I thought your QB was a sophomore?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

East Texas' 5A and 6A schools have struggled of late in the playoffs.

Here are the match-ups.  Who do you think should win....or lose?

6A Div II Reg 2:  Longview

6ADiv II Reg 2:  Lufkin

5A Div I Reg 2: Mesquite Poteet Vs. Marshall  This is the only one I am having an issue with. I really want Marshall to win, for Mavchamp's sake, but I don't think there is enough gas in the tank. I hope I am wrong.

5A Div I: Reg 2 Highland Park 

5A Div I Reg 3:  Waco

5A Div I Reg 3: Temple

5A Div II Reg 2: North Forney

5A DIv II Reg 2: Lucas Lovejoy

5A DIv II Reg 3: A&M Consolidated

5A DIv II Reg 3: College Station

10 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yawn.

West Brook use to play Tyler Lee (home and home series I'm guessing) I believe quite a bit not that long ago.

I'll go with Longview, Lufkin, Marshall and Ennis from this list to win this week.

All the others will not... unfortunately.

Also...Beaumont West Brook has NEVER  played Tyler Lee.

I should know as I broadcasted Lee Football for 14 years and have confirmed this with Smoaky.

Now BOTH Lee and JT have played Port Arthur Memorial with Lee hosting PAM in 2004 & JT played in Port Arthur the next year in 2005. I was involved in both broadcasts with Smoaky.

Not sure where this thought of West Brook having played in Tyler or visa versa but those two schools have never played each in other in Football !

R..J.

2010 - Beaumont West Brook 25, Tyler Lee 20
2011 - Beaumont West Brook 37, Tyler Lee 7

2010 game was in Beaumont, 2011 game was in Tyler.

And I believe y'all were still doing games in 2010 at least, so not sure why y'all wouldn't remember a trip to Beaumont.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

2010 - Beaumont West Brook 25, Tyler Lee 20
2011 - Beaumont West Brook 37, Tyler Lee 7

2010 game was in Beaumont, 2011 game was in Tyler.

And I believe y'all were still doing games in 2010 at least, so not sure why y'all wouldn't remember a trip to Beaumont.

Smoaky and crew last year calling Lee games was the 2008 season. 

4 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

I'll go with Longview, Lufkin, Marshall and Ennis from this list to win this week.

All the others will not... unfortunately.

Also...Beaumont West Brook has NEVER  played Tyler Lee.

I should know as I broadcasted Lee Football for 14 years and have confirmed this with Smoaky.

Now BOTH Lee and JT have played Port Arthur Memorial with Lee hosting PAM in 2004 & JT played in Port Arthur the next year in 2005. I was involved in both broadcasts with Smoaky.

Not sure where this thought of West Brook having played in Tyler or visa versa but those two schools have never played each in other in Football !

R..J.

PAM came to Tyler both years. JT never went to PAM to play them.

39 minutes ago, VonG said:

PAM came to Tyler both years. JT never went to PAM to play them.

No...sir ! Coach Brooks was the Head Coach at JT in 2005 when the Lions defeated PAM in Port Arthur ! 

David and I broadcasted that game on a Saturday...the night after Lee played Waco High in Waco. I interviewed both Coach Brooks and Kendall Hunter after their win... IN Port Arthur !!

The next week we flew to Columbus, Ohio for Lee's game against Cincinnati Colerain.

Yes...forgive me for the typo on the 2009...er 2008 !

As far as Lee playing in Beaumont OR West Brook traveling to Tyler six or seven years ago what exactly does that have to do with their current group and the here and now ? This, in fact, will be West Brook's longest road trip in their 35 year school history !

I do stand corrected on Lee playing West Brook. I clearly wasn't there...lol !

Carry on !

16 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I’m shocked you’re back. After that SOC lost, I thought we would have to put your pics on the back of milk cartons. As for Ennis being included in East Texas....uhhh no. We have enough arrogant and foolish fan bases around here. Don’t need another one. I don’t claim em

Ennis is not arrogant . We just win. Teams do beat us by a coin toss sometime though lol

1 minute ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Ennis is not arrogant . We just win. Teams do beat us by a coin toss sometime though lol

You didn’t “just win” against SOC this season. You didn’t just win against Jville and several teams last season. I don’t remember anyone saying y’all won the title last year too. Heck, or the year before that. So, I’m guessing you don’t “just win”.  I do see that you’re still in your feelings about that coin toss though. I told you years ago Dr. Phil was available for those problems. Maybe you should go buy some tissues or something. I’m sure everyone is tired of hearing about it..

17 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

You literally are two seasons removed from having a 5 loss season...

One season removed from a 4 loss season...

And probably will have a 4 loss season within a week or two this year...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

No...sir ! Coach Brooks was the Head Coach at JT in 2005 when the Lions defeated PAM in Port Arthur ! 

David and I broadcasted that game on a Saturday...the night after Lee played Waco High in Waco. I interviewed both Coach Brooks and Kendall Hunter after their win... IN Port Arthur !!

The next week we flew to Columbus, Ohio for Lee's game against Cincinnati Colerain.

Yes...forgive me for the typo on the 2009...er 2008 !

As far as Lee playing in Beaumont OR West Brook traveling to Tyler six or seven years ago what exactly does that have to do with their current group and the here and now ? This, in fact, will be West Brook's longest road trip in their 35 year school history !

I do stand corrected on Lee playing West Brook. I clearly wasn't there...lol !

Carry on !

JT played PAM twice. The 1st year was in Tyler and the next year in PAM. That's why I said they came to Tyler twice. They played Lee the 1st week  and came back the next week to play JT.