Dave Campbells 4A Division II Preseason Rankings

SHillBuckeye

38 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I agree. I think LE is gonna be a monster in DII. But they still have an unbelievably tough schedule. I know Wells is a heck of a coach but I question his scheduling. 2016 and 2017 the schedule was ridiculous. I think the 2018 scheduled is quite a bit harder than those other 2 years. LE could easily start 1-5. They started out 1-4 the last 2 years with a tremendously tough schedule. They did have PG and Atlanta on the schedule, and I guess they couldn’t have known how strong PG was going to be last year. But it was still too tough for where their program is at the moment IMO. This year is crazy. Why have Argyle and LV on the schedule? There is something to be said for seeing top competition and getting better, but you also have to build some confidence and get some wins. In 2014 and 2015 they had a schedule that I think was good for them. Didn’t have a great season early in 2014. Learned how to win late in the season, and made a playoff run. Came back in 2015 and started off 4-1. Ended up at 12-2 barely losing to Argyle in a game I think they should’ve won. Toughened the schedule, and the next 2 years started off 1-4. Just not sure what to think. I do know there are very few teams in DII that will be more athletic than LE on a yearly basis.

I know by 1-5, you mean they will beat like... Arkansas High or Carthage or something.... Because Atlanta is putting it on them this year ;)

Maybe those are the only teams that will play LE.  I am sure Wells has a tough time finding games up in the corner.  Okies and Arkies won’t play him and with the athletes LE has most other teams aren’t knocking down his door to play either.

13 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Maybe those are the only teams that will play LE.  I am sure Wells has a tough time finding games up in the corner.  Okies and Arkies won’t play him and with the athletes LE has most other teams aren’t knocking down his door to play either.

One team will for sure knock each year. Those are the best games. Probably the most underrated rivalry in this part of Texas. We've had some thrillers over the past few years, really over the past decade and a half. 

7 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

one returning RB, one JV kid that is moving up and will be very good, two move ins that will jump into the mix.  RB will be fine if we get the line fixed

Hawk,

There are actually 2 returning RB's.  2 & 33.  I agree.....RB should be fine if the line can do their job. I think they can.

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I agree. I think LE is gonna be a monster in DII. But they still have an unbelievably tough schedule. I know Wells is a heck of a coach but I question his scheduling. 2016 and 2017 the schedule was ridiculous. I think the 2018 scheduled is quite a bit harder than those other 2 years. LE could easily start 1-5. They started out 1-4 the last 2 years with a tremendously tough schedule. They did have PG and Atlanta on the schedule, and I guess they couldn’t have known how strong PG was going to be last year. But it was still too tough for where their program is at the moment IMO. This year is crazy. Why have Argyle and LV on the schedule? There is something to be said for seeing top competition and getting better, but you also have to build some confidence and get some wins. In 2014 and 2015 they had a schedule that I think was good for them. Didn’t have a great season early in 2014. Learned how to win late in the season, and made a playoff run. Came back in 2015 and started off 4-1. Ended up at 12-2 barely losing to Argyle in a game I think they should’ve won. Toughened the schedule, and the next 2 years started off 1-4. Just not sure what to think. I do know there are very few teams in DII that will be more athletic than LE on a yearly basis.

Yea I can see why you say that because injury’s piled up last year and it hurt us!

16 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

LE wasn’t switching QBs last yr they had Phillips that was a beast they will have to find a new QB as well and from what I seen at 7 on 7 they will need some grooming 

Actually the QB this year will be solid he’s a bit bigger any more of a running threat plus RBs  will be better this year we have two receivers who are among the best in ET.. Defense will probably be the biggest ? In which it has been the last 3 or 4 years 

2 minutes ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Actually the QB this year will be solid he’s a bit bigger any more of a running threat plus RBs  will be better this year we have two receivers who are among the best in ET.. Defense will probably be the biggest ? In which it has been the last 3 or 4 years 

Is he the left handed kid or the one with the Odell hair because he looks like a great ath, he played some wideout as well 

2 minutes ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

Is he the left handed kid or the one with the Odell hair because he looks like a great ath, he played some wideout as well