Elysian Fields vs Corrigan Camden

1jacket

I got a good update from somebody at the game and just as I suspected, EF isn't physical enough to stop CC, congrats CC, the team I thought would win did win the way I thought they would win, by us not being able to tackle, with the great talent EF has coming up, I can only hope EF will hire a more physical minded type coach to coach this bunch coming up, if not this is what EF fans can continue to watch every friday, at some point the coach just got to get out of his soft way and get more physical. 

I was at this game. CC ran when and where they wanted to. EF hit the occasional big play but nothing consistent. EF kids are way too big and look too good to play with the lack of physicality they showed. EF fans said the defense has been that way all year. CC power run and counter play was on point tonight. IMO the personality of a team is set in the spring and summer prior to the beginning of the season. The attitude and work ethic is instilled then. You can’t just wait until district and decide to “turn it on”. Your team attitude is set by the coach and older players buy into it and pass it on to the underclassmen

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I was at this game. CC ran when and where they wanted to. EF hit the occasional big play but nothing consistent. EF kids are way too big and look too good to play with the lack of physicality they showed. EF fans said the defense has been that way all year. CC power run and counter play was on point tonight. IMO the personality of a team is set in the spring and summer prior to the beginning of the season. The attitude and work ethic is instilled then. You can’t just wait until district and decide to “turn it on”. Your team attitude is set by the coach and older players buy into it and pass it on to the underclassmen

Supposedly they don't do "live contact" in practice could explain lack if physicality.

17 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Thank you, finally somebody that agrees with me. 

Corrigan Camden fans, don't get me wrong, congrats on the win, the more physical team won tonight, but what I see EF is lacking, is not what I heard, its what I've witness, EF has won their games off pure talent against weaker teams, but when it comes to being physical against the better teams, they lose and thats where their lacking, if only they was being coach to be physical and lost, I would have no complaints, NOT ONE. 

TDJ89 and everyone else I’ve talked to from EF this week, it’s been fun guys and I’ve really enjoyed it..  that’s bout as good as it gets when it comes to playoff football! Couldn’t have asked for a better game!  I tried to warn everyone about yalls #5 all week cause I’ve been watching film on him.. lol kid is an athlete!! And if I’m not mistaken y’all get him back next year right? 

EF will be back and ready next year!!  Everyone of those kids should hold their heads up ! Cause they never quit

God bless everyone of y’all! 

I understand lack of physicality on defense sense I have followed EF closely I do now they started with 22 Varsity players this year and to get your players to the game on Fri have had a tough time especially since 4 Lineman go both ways as well tougher on them then skill players They will be fine next year 

8 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

"IMO the personality of a team is set in the spring and summer prior to the beginning of the season. The attitude and work ethic is instilled then"

From the things I have heard and a few things I have seen, this statement hits the nail on the head for EF. The above statement does not exist at EF. Period. And until it does, EF won't compete in the playoffs and will not compete with Waskom for district titles. Like many have said, EF has some talent to work with, the problem is there is no work being put in during the offseason unless a kid goes out and does it on his own.

Good Game CC. Good Luck going forward in the playoffs