Hughes Springs vs Gladewater

HS1988

Bi-District  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hughes Springs Mustangs
    • Gladewater Bears

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/16/2019 at 01:30 AM

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Oh there was a point but I realized it wouldn’t do any good so I asked for forgiveness. 😂

Funny thing is, you made the same point I was making regarding the obvious speed advantage. Doesn't always matter much. Thanks for the reinforcement bud.

3 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

Funny thing is, you made the same point I was making regarding the obvious speed advantage. Doesn't always matter much. Thanks for the reinforcement bud.

Well you’re welcome but I don’t think we’re on the same page here. There is a big difference in speed and good speed. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, HS1988 said:

Oh? I was talking like distance per unit of time. What is bad speed?

Maybe I should have worded that differently. I meant team speed. Most of those teams you mentioned weren’t very good. I hate even putting Tatum in that category too, because I’m still scratching my head on the season they just had. 

25 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Maybe I should have worded that differently. I meant team speed. Most of those teams you mentioned weren’t very good. I hate even putting Tatum in that category too, because I’m still scratching my head on the season they just had. 

I'm just messin with ya. I knew what ya meant. And I agree, Tatum looks scary. I dont get it either. Only point I was trying to make is that "on paper" as they say, everyone looks better than HS. Although we do have some talent, mainly our kids just get after it all game. We have played "faster" teams every week and do a decent job of containing. This will be a good game IMO.

PS, Jeffy, Atlanta, and even Waskom ain't too shabby.

35 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

It was expected. Anything coming from us was just wishful thinking. One senior starter on defense (the leading tackler transferred time Jefferson because he wanted to play offense) along with two seniors on offense plus all new coaches minus one or two ....... 3 wins is great considering.  

Just now, Eagleborn said:

It was expected. Anything coming from us was just wishful thinking. One senior starter on defense (the leading tackler transferred time Jefferson because he wanted to play offense) along with two seniors on offense plus all new coaches minus one or two ....... 3 wins is great considering.  

Hey but at least no more head start and man buns are back in!

16 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

You know I haven’t seen them this year but my understanding is that it is the same group of kids from last year just a year older. I’m sure the seniors didn’t get much faster between their junior and senior years but you can bet our freshman and sophomores did. I would think overall team speed will be to the Bears advantage. 

So GW offseason program is better than HS? Why wouldn't HS kids get better too?

6 minutes ago, Etsbfan said:

So GW offseason program is better than HS? Why wouldn't HS kids get better too?

I’m thinking that he was just trying to say that generally with genetics you will grow more from sophomore to junior year then junior to senior. But that’s my take on it.