Week 8 Tatum @ Atlanta

Tatum_DirtyBird

Tatum @ Atlanta  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Your boys came out and played hard. Have you ever seen GW throw the ball that much ? 😂 it’s nice to know the other team doesn’t know what you are going to do when you come to the line. We definitely made some good adjustments at halftime. We are doing a good job of protecting the ball because a few turnovers last night and things may have been difference. Oh and the one fumble we had should have been an incomplete pass 😃. I think Atlanta can scratch their way into the playoffs. Good luck to you guys. 

Yeah I thought it was incomplete as well. That would have been the first punt of the game for Gladewater though, so glass half full lmao. 

41 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

because of that gaffe against White Oak.

You mean after the loss, where you got beat? you can use whatever term you want but you lost so just call it that rather than trying to get a moral victory out of it or take away from the team that did what it needed to do to get the W

9 minutes ago, WOBooster said:

You mean after the loss, where you got beat? you can use whatever term you want but you lost so just call it that rather than trying to get a moral victory out of it or take away from the team that did what it needed to do to get the W

You guys should be proud. Your kids have fought to turn things around since the 0-10 last year. If you guys beat Sabine this week you will make the playoffs. Who would have thought ?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We don't. He's definitely a difference maker, but #9 is a hoss. He runs hard and doesn't tap his head tryin to get out of the game. That kid has got some heart, which I'm not surprised. His cousin was one of the hardest playing and most enjoyable kids to watch I've seen in a long time. 

I'm liking what I see out of #30. They moved him up off of JV against WO, and he's gotten better each week. He still runs a little straight up, but if he ever learns how to get low and keep his weight centered, he's gonna run some kids over.

Let's talk about the passing game though. Catfish still had some bad throws, but he made a heck of an improvement from last week to this week. He missed a couple of wide open targets, but hit some kids on the run, and actually scanned the field and found a kid without anyone within 20 yards of him lol. I still think #4 is our best QB, but mentally Catfish is the best choice at this point. 

Atlanta came in to the Gladewater game with a good gameplan. If it had been any of our offenses from the past, it would have been close until the end. But Atlanta couldn't score on every drive, and the defense struggled. They didn't allow Gladewater much over the top. Played really soft man all night. They were banking on getting some pressure on the QB but I gotta give credit to Gladewater's O-line for picking up most of the blitzes. Their QB didn't have much to worry about. With the added coverage, of course, comes running room, and Gladewater took advantage of it. 

Atlanta's offense did well in the first half. They were able to sustain some long drives, and beat up on the Gladewater defensive line. Just when I thought they were starting to wear down, they got a stop and it was halftime. Gladewater made some good d-line adjustments and didn't allow any kind of running room in the second half. Atlanta never really adjusted to that on offense. They did have a few successful screens, but we didn't do much to get the ball around the edge and Gladewater had adjusted and shut down the middle of the field. 

Overall, I think Atlanta played well. We did have some mistakes. That pick at the end hurt, and there were a couple of other easy INTs that Gladewater dropped. If we can clean up the turnovers, and keep improving on offense, I like our chances moving forward. It's sure nice to see us putting up points. 

IMO, the opening series or two after halftime is where the tide turned. I feel like towards the end of the 1st half the Gladewater defensive front might have started to tire a bit. 2nd half starts and they're freshly rested and we go 3-and-out and are unable to sustain drives in the 2nd half, also thanks to adjustments Gladewater made.

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

You guys should be proud. Your kids have fought to turn things around since the 0-10 last year. If you guys beat Sabine this week you will make the playoffs. Who would have thought ?

It's 2020. Hell Kemp is 2-0 in district lol

13 minutes ago, WOBooster said:

And you can get your panties in a wad all you want over the terminology I use. But it's not a loss like we took last night and you know there's a difference. Losing to White Oak was definitely not a moral victory, it's an ugly loss. 

11 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Writing off NB? Just say NB wins out, beating ATL, JEFF, and WO in the home stretch?? Still guarantee‘d a playoff spot?

2 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Writing off NB? Just say NB wins out, beating ATL, JEFF, and WO in the home stretch?? Still guarantee‘d a playoff spot?

Not at all. I didn’t say they were guaranteed anything. I just feel like 3 wins will get them in. The loss you guys took to Sabine will hurt you 

24 minutes ago, WOBooster said:

I promise to you there's absolutely no moral victory in losing to White Oak. There's nothing morally okay about it. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

And you can get your panties in a wad all you want over the terminology I use. But it's not a loss like we took last night and you know there's a difference. Losing to White Oak was definitely not a moral victory, it's an ugly loss. 

Panties aint wadded, I am not the one mentioning the L yall took in multiple threads.

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I promise to you there's absolutely no moral victory in losing to White Oak. There's nothing morally okay about it. 

Yet it happened, you started in the game thread with how WO didn't really beat yall, you just beat yourselves and if it wasn't for this or that blah blah blah....still an L

On 10/10/2020 at 9:14 AM, WOBooster said:

Panties aint wadded, I am not the one mentioning the L yall took in multiple threads.

Yet it happened, you started in the game thread with how WO didn't really beat yall, you just beat yourselves and if it wasn't for this or that blah blah blah....still an L

5 minutes ago, WOBooster said:

Nah nah nah now you're putting words in my mouth. You come on here, you better be factual at the very least. Please qoute where I said "WO didn't really beat us, we just beat ourselves." 

That may be what you took out of it, and I really couldn't care less about your thoughts and feelings. The truth is, I did say we spotted y'all 14 points. I did say y'all only scored on 2 big plays. I did say otherwise WO was held in check all night. You can take from that whatever you want to, but it's the truth. But I never said y'all didn't really beat us. The circumstances definitely weren't in our favor however. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

And y’all cry about it everyday. 

26 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Man y’all need some Boudreaux everyday on here. Woulda coulda shoulda rabbits this year. 

82E79C52-7FE6-4E5B-B400-6997640A4DA2.jpeg

1 minute ago, Racer55 said:

Man y’all need some Boudreaux everyday on here. Woulda coulda shoulda rabbits this year. 

82E79C52-7FE6-4E5B-B400-6997640A4DA2.jpeg

Y'all the ones that getting all up in your feels about our selected terminology. "We beat y'all nah nah nah. Let me make up a whole bunch of :poop: y'all didn't really say and whine about our tainted win." 

WO had an Ugly win against Atlanta with all the penalties on offense. It wasn’t pretty but our Defense held the mighty rabbits when it counted. I belive we had y’all on 4th and goal 3 times. One time y’all barley converted. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Y'all the ones that getting all up in your feels about our selected terminology. "We beat y'all nah nah nah. Let me make up a whole bunch of :poop: y'all didn't really say and whine about our tainted win." 

We can twist the words too. We had an ugly win against an Atlanta team. It shoulda been worse. We shoulda not had so many penalties and put it on em. We just fell flat in the second half. Two sides to a game. Again woulda coulda shoulda rabbits this year. Y’all shoulda beat the bears if your guys woulda showed up. Let’s hear it all plz. I’ll be on standby with the Boudreaux.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

We can twist the words too. We had an ugly win against an Atlanta team. It shoulda been worse. We shoulda not had so many penalties and put it on em. We just fell flat in the second half. Two sides to a game. Again woulda coulda shoulda rabbits this year. Y’all shoulda beat the bears if your guys woulda showed up. Let’s hear it all plz. I’ll be on standby with the Boudreaux.

We already wording it how we want to. For some reason though, people feel the need to start crying about how we word it. Everyone looks at the WO loss and says "Wow. It's gotten that bad, has it?" There's more to the story, and yes I will enlighten those that ask. 

And y'all still putting words in our mouths. All we said was 2 starters missed the bus. Nobody ever said it would have changed the outcome. You really gonna ruin all WO's credibility in a couple of posts... oh wait... nevermind. 

Contrary to some imbecile's belief, we mention that the kids missed the bus because it's a sad situation, for Atlanta anyways. Apparently some people take it an excuse, but it was never said in any manner that would insinuate that we were using it as an excuse. Yes it hurt, but we had success with the players we had, and thought they boys gave a great effort. The situation at hand though, that Atlanta has kids not committed enough to show up to go to games on time, is an unfortunate situation for us. One that I'm not familiar with happening too many times in the past. Hopefully we can get our issues figured out in time to at least get some playoff action. 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

We already wording it how we want to. For some reason though, people feel the need to start crying about how we word it. Everyone looks at the WO loss and says "Wow. It's gotten that bad, has it?" There's more to the story, and yes I will enlighten those that ask. 

And y'all still putting words in our mouths. All we said was 2 starters missed the bus. Nobody ever said it would have changed the outcome. You really gonna ruin all WO's credibility in a couple of posts... oh wait... nevermind. 

You really gonna keep crying with every post on here. I didn’t talk much smack to y’all and left it well enough alone. Y’all seemed like y’all were about to implode. Y’all had multiple opportunities to win and didn’t get it done when it counted. We also had multiple opportunities to make it worse and we didn’t get it done either. It wasn’t pretty for either side I do know that for a fact. We didn’t win a game last year and never cried about it. I’m just not understanding why y’all are crying so much about one game when y’all have played poorly in so many this year. Why is it just the WO game? 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Contrary to some imbecile's belief, we mention that the kids missed the bus because it's a sad situation, for Atlanta anyways. Apparently some people take it an excuse, but it was never said in any manner that would insinuate that we were using it as an excuse. Yes it hurt, but we had success with the players we had, and thought they boys gave a great effort. The situation at hand though, that Atlanta has kids not committed enough to show up to go to games on time, is an unfortunate situation for us. One that I'm not familiar with happening too many times in the past. Hopefully we can get our issues figured out in time to at least get some playoff action. 

Placing an order today for y’all. Gonna be a long rest of the year for the woulda coulda shoulda rabbits as they don’t make the playoffs AGAIN in lil ole 3a.

24639842-8966-45CC-9A66-D61D620C7BB2.jpeg